Complex: Why Air Jordans Aren't Selling Out Anymore

Options

Comments

• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems y'all adopt certain styles and just ? on others for no real reason.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Too much nostalgia there not to ? wit em. A lotta people is younger grabbin em as a fad, but ? was in everyday life when the originals was comin out. Now they're not as exclusive because they've been circulated so much. But i'm 30+ so it's more than just a cool thing for me. They bring back a lot of dope shoes from back in the G, from Bo Jacksons to ewings, to them first iversons, hauraches, deions, all that.

? didn't always have a whole month of school clothes, but even if you only had 1 week of gear before you started repeatin, it wouldn't matter because your shoes was so fresh. ? tryin to figure out the best cleaning method for they joints toothbrushes, or washrags haha, puttin the socks in em to keep the wrinkles out. Call it shallow or whatever you want, but shoes was as much a part of me and my people's comin up as hip hop was, so sometimes I see em, and I don't care about the cost. I see some red and black patent leather 11s, I get a good feeling and I'm grabbin em. ? was coppin the black jordan jersey to wear wit em and a ? couldn't tell you ? . Especially if you had the pinstripes on the jersey, you was super official then. I grew up in the 80s and 90s so jordans is apart of my blueprint.

RNS

Ive made my stance clear: if you never, EVER fuckd wit Js, and thats just bogus to you, like you NEVER cared for Js,and you dont get what it at least USED to mean, i dont recognize you. You funny style. Its cool, i get it, you was on some OTHER ? as a kid. Type ? "ehhh, Boyz in Tha Hood wasnt that good to me'. Type ? didnt find Martin funny @beta Cool. Theres always 1. But you not gon sit here and rewrite a part of black culture like YOU were normal . YES, black culture. Just like certain movies we recognize as staples and if u aint seen em you funny style. Same thing

So ijs, where were you?!?!? If you 30 plus and 'Mmm Jordan's weren't my thing' , where were you 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91...lol

Like Mike was some low key local ?

So Dwayne Wayne wasnt that ? rockin Js on A Different World?

So Fresh Prince Wasnt that ? rockin fresh Js

So Spike Lee wasnt rockin Js in all his movies

Nigha Jerry Seinfeld was a sneakerhead lol Cmon

Hey, to each his own, but i don't recognize you. I cant speak for what it means to these lil ? who just hoppin on a fad, but as a OG thats nostalgia. It was the 90s, you had to be there

Well when I was growing up cats wore both, it was'nt sneakers all the time and it was'nt J's all the time. I had a lot of sneakers when I was growing and shoes as well. It's these new ? that think you a lame if you wearing shoes sometimes
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought sneakers to hoop in, and ? paying that much for some sneakers, now some shoes yeah but sneakers nah
    Why do u think paying high prices for 'shoes' instead 'sneakers' is so different?

A good pair of shoes will last a long time, sneakers not so much. Plus with sneakers you doing a lot more in them, running and cutting, shoes you being cool and looking cool

Yea dress shoes are a different ballgame, the right pair can last YEARS

But bruh seems like you pickn n choosin

Nh I remember you postin some old head outfits. If Stacy Adams came out wit some new exclusive gator print that matched 1 of your
    brim hats you'd cop.

Clothes are clothes. A few are functional, but for the most part MOST are for style.

And you damn sure aint resellin any for more than you bought
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought sneakers to hoop in, and ? paying that much for some sneakers, now some shoes yeah but sneakers nah
    Why do u think paying high prices for 'shoes' instead 'sneakers' is so different?

A good pair of shoes will last a long time, sneakers not so much. Plus with sneakers you doing a lot more in them, running and cutting, shoes you being cool and looking cool

Yea dress shoes are a different ballgame, the right pair can last YEARS

But bruh seems like you pickn n choosin

Nh I remember you postin some old head outfits. If Stacy Adams came out wit some new exclusive gator print that matched 1 of your
    brim hats you'd cop.

Clothes are clothes. A few are functional, but for the most part MOST are for style.

And you damn sure aint resellin any for more than you bought

LMAO, I always hated gators, never liked them ? , and only certain Stacy's I wear
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw i think they just wasn't hot this year. Some of the colorways they released were kinda blah.
  • S2J
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Too much nostalgia there not to ? wit em. A lotta people is younger grabbin em as a fad, but ? was in everyday life when the originals was comin out. Now they're not as exclusive because they've been circulated so much. But i'm 30+ so it's more than just a cool thing for me. They bring back a lot of dope shoes from back in the G, from Bo Jacksons to ewings, to them first iversons, hauraches, deions, all that.

? didn't always have a whole month of school clothes, but even if you only had 1 week of gear before you started repeatin, it wouldn't matter because your shoes was so fresh. ? tryin to figure out the best cleaning method for they joints toothbrushes, or washrags haha, puttin the socks in em to keep the wrinkles out. Call it shallow or whatever you want, but shoes was as much a part of me and my people's comin up as hip hop was, so sometimes I see em, and I don't care about the cost. I see some red and black patent leather 11s, I get a good feeling and I'm grabbin em. ? was coppin the black jordan jersey to wear wit em and a ? couldn't tell you ? . Especially if you had the pinstripes on the jersey, you was super official then. I grew up in the 80s and 90s so jordans is apart of my blueprint.

RNS

Ive made my stance clear: if you never, EVER fuckd wit Js, and thats just bogus to you, like you NEVER cared for Js,and you dont get what it at least USED to mean, i dont recognize you. You funny style. Its cool, i get it, you was on some OTHER ? as a kid. Type ? "ehhh, Boyz in Tha Hood wasnt that good to me'. Type ? didnt find Martin funny @beta Cool. Theres always 1. But you not gon sit here and rewrite a part of black culture like YOU were normal . YES, black culture. Just like certain movies we recognize as staples and if u aint seen em you funny style. Same thing

So ijs, where were you?!?!? If you 30 plus and 'Mmm Jordan's weren't my thing' , where were you 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91...lol

Like Mike was some low key local ?

So Dwayne Wayne wasnt that ? rockin Js on A Different World?

So Fresh Prince Wasnt that ? rockin fresh Js

So Spike Lee wasnt rockin Js in all his movies

Nigha Jerry Seinfeld was a sneakerhead lol Cmon

Hey, to each his own, but i don't recognize you. I cant speak for what it means to these lil ? who just hoppin on a fad, but as a OG thats nostalgia. It was the 90s, you had to be there

Well when I was growing up cats wore both, it was'nt sneakers all the time and it was'nt J's all the time. I had a lot of sneakers when I was growing and shoes as well. It's these new ? that think you a lame if you wearing shoes sometimes

No doubt, as long as people, my people, black people, can acknowledge the nostalgia of Js thats what i mean. Not,l whether u copped or could afford. Most of us couldn't

BUT when nigas be on that 'All Jordans are ugly' , 'thats akways been wack', nah. Cant be from my culture. Seem a lot of revisionist history on the IC, but not this 1. Not on my watch
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Where do y'all wear your $200 sneakers to?

• S2J
    Options
    I got the 72-10s bc i actually remember as a youngin him wearin them and thinking 'wait, those aint the white n blacks OR the black and reds'...and it must be rare bc i KNOW i remember it, but this the only pic i can find

michael-jordan-through-the-years-air-jordan-xi-part-1-05.jpg

• S2J
    Options
    My last post lol :

http://niketalk.com/t/236374/official-when-did-mj-wear-those-post-and-faqs

Cmon man! List of all shoes Jordan wore in all star games and playoffs. If that dont do nothin for you u a weirdo! Lls
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spending limit is 150 on sneakers spending more than that is absurd
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @S2J

Lmao you still on that ? ? I never said it wasn't funny
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If something means something to you, you're going to pay the cost. Period. Art is just paint and imagination some of it goes for tens of millions. It doesn't appreciate on paper. Same with shoes when they reach a certain status. Cars depreciate, i'm right now, on TV watchin a Ferrari get sold for some millions, ugly as ? , but it means something to somebody. Everything don't have to be practical. Some people do things to be cool, some people do things because it means something to em. 60 minute NFL game is like 11 minutes of football. Just spent 500 to send somebody to an NFL game for his birthday, I wouldn't give a ? , i'd watch it on TV and sell the tickets, but this ? was almost crying when he got em in the mail. Different strokes for different folks loc, i'ma keep overpayin for my shoes and watches, and all that ? , I got the time on my phone, but it means somethin to me. My bills up to date, my credit cool, and my rent paid, shouldn't matter to the next man.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the time I could afford them, the Js weren't important.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Js and foams the only tennis shoes I look to buy. Might cop some 'on sale' flights or something as an add-on but if I'm goin to the shoe store, my mind set on Js or Foams.

S/n the ? saying they buy 'shoes' but can't see paying $200+ for Js just added a whole nother level to the concept of dressing down. Me, I'm gonna floss on my off days.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    maybe b/c...there are shoes that actually look better than jordans

or let me put it this way, if i'ma pay 100+ for a shoe, it aint gon be something a 16 year old wearing
    So this is about style? Lol

nah...i buy clothes so i can stay warm in the winter

FOH Boog
  • S2J
    Options
    As an adult, how can you stunt in Js when every middle, highschool, and college student is wearing the same gear?

I 1000% agree. Thats why i would only rock mine in the most disrespectful and/or low key manner possible
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an adult, how can you stunt in Js when every middle, highschool, and college student is wearing the same gear?

The stunt factor comes with buying Js and still being able to pay mortgage, bills, keep a full fridge, fresh clothes and pop bottles in a party with Js on when gym shoes ain't even allowed in the club.

Them teenie boppers aint doin all that.

If you ain't never stepped in a club that advertises NO TENNIS SHOES in fresh Js U ain't lived lol
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the 72-10s bc i actually remember as a youngin him wearin them and thinking 'wait, those aint the white n blacks OR the black and reds'...and it must be rare bc i KNOW i remember it, but this the only pic i can find

those are the space jams, Jordan never wore the 72-10's
  • S2J
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »

those are the space jams, Jordan never wore the 72-10's

I was gonna say, those could be the space jams. I just always assumed he had some PE with a red jumpman (72-10) vs blue (spacejame) since their jerseys

U got a source? Been tryin to get a definitive answer
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok so ya'll dont wear sneakers cause high school kids are?

gotcha...
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I buy em now

But only the og colorways

And thats just because when I was younger i couldnt afford them, now when I see them come out I get them for nostalgic purposes

Like i bought the blue 8s that came out on thanksgiving just because i had em back in 08 and somebody stole em, so this was my only chance to buy them again

Ill only spend 200 tho, if they sell out ? it I just dont get em

But imma ? that wears my shoes and go ball in my shoes

So ? yall

Js is some of the cleanest shoes out there, I love em and imma keep buyin em
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Couple things.

-A pair of sneakers can last YEARS too. I got mad sneakers that I've had for years. Just depends on how you take care of them and how often you wear them

-As far as not caring about Js back in the day, a lot of times it ain't even as deep as being a weirdo or whatever. When I was coming up, we couldn't afford them ? so I never cared about them cuz I knew I wasn't getting them ? . *shrugs*

Ive got sneakers that ive had for years too

Just yesterday a ? at work was like "I like those shoes, did you just buy em"

? ? no, i had these shoes for a year and a half.....I keep em clean tho, wtf I look like coming to work in some new shoes

? is crazy
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    The Yeezy's jumped over the jumpman?