How is "Ether" a classic diss but not "you gotta love it" or "Curtis" ??

Options

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Idk if this is just a nas fans thing or what but ppl take the "facts" comment EXTRA literally like ppl are saying every single word in takeover is gospel then they break every bar down to its smallest syllable to find the ? to say "ah ha see that's not a 100% fact" smh..... ? broke down Jay saying nas didn't get paid off of his use of his voice to sum "well if nas sold his publishing then the money from Jay is in there somewhere so technically nas did get paid kinda so it's not a fact".... This is why I normally leave this debate alone lol

Look, either something is a fact or it isn't. Nas releasing 4 albums in 10 years is nonsense. There's no way on Earth you can call that a fact.

When Jay said Nas has been in it 10 and Jay's been in it for 5 years, that's nonsense.

Its not that we're taking it "EXTRA LITERALLY" its either a fact or it isn't a fact. There's no such thing as a halfway fact.

You could literally break down anything to question its level of being a fact or not which is what y'all ? be doing.... Jay said "YOU said you been in this 10".... Meaning NAS said he been in it 10 not Jay he just playing off what nas said but ? like to break it down to its smallest detail which is taking ? EXTRA LITERALLY
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    jim1000 wrote: »
    _? _ wrote: »
    qawshun wrote: »
    Ether was filled with non provable statements and jokes and ppl treat this as the standards for diss records. Then Camron takes the same route to slaughter jayz and 50 cent and so called hip hop purist act as if it was insignificant or wack. Both of these diss records overshadowed ether by far. Nas was dead when ether came out . Cam shut nyc down with both these diss records. And they are arguably better songs than ether. Ether is overrated by Nas stans. Even xzibits diss to jermaine dupri is comparable to ether.
    http://youtu.be/sFsO7tmfT_s

Krs-one naming his album blueprint first-facts
    Jay-Z biting biggie rhymes-facts
    Jay-z being called ugly-facts ( Nas used jay-z own words against him)
    Just to name of few.

http://youtu.be/pnycZjc3nQM

What makes ether better honestly?

Nas went plat before ether came out. Sooo ummm yeah

What does that mean? Jay sold 10 times more than Nas ever did and....

You said nas was dead he wasn't, jay always had a commerical hit he pushed nas rarely pushes his radio hits. Ether still come up today cause's arguments and gets people in their feelings. Look at this thread your ethering your own ? by saying it wasn't all that or whatever but 14yrs later its on your mind. "That Ether the ? that makes your soul burn slow !

No I brought it up bc I'm on the IC and ether is the tabernacle here but I personally know of and seen the impact of other diss records. I lived through all these disses. None can compare to takeover. I'm tryna get y'all to see that most y'all just bandwagon dicjriders when it comes to ether bc I lived it and seen it

Takeover was a bunch of opinions ? jockies tried to make fact. Look at nas lp's 2 back to back classics i am was tough and Nastradamus was weak compared to the other 3 but still had 6 bangers 3 ok tracks and few weak ones outta 15 or 16 tracks and 2 of them were skits so that 1 hot album every 10yr ? is outta there. Takeover was a reach. Still fire but reach

I showed you ya first tech on tour with large professor
    Then I heard u talkin bout ya tech on the dresser
    So yea I sampled your voice you was using it wrong
    You made it a hot line
    I made it a hot song
    You ain't get a coin ? u was getting ? and I know who I paid ? Searchlight publishing

All facts
    How do you know the tech was facts? Was you there?? That right there exposed how biast you are.
    Once again you exposed yourself to your stanning since MC Serch already explained that he didnt own Nas publishing. I swear Takeover is so overrated that its really comical when someone comes to defend it like its facts. The only fact on takeover was the carmen line and that was a good one by Jay. Nas destroyed him with facts, comedy, anger, and the ultimate disrespect of dropping in on Hov's birthday.

How do you know what nas said in ether was "facts"..... Ain't none of us be there for any of they personal ? so it's all hearsay
    Just to name of few.

Jay smashing his bm-Facts
    Jay using his voice and making a hot song-Facts
    Nas not getting a dime from it-Facts
    Nas falling off-Facts

Ain't tryna make this a ether vs takeover ? but the whole " were you there" ? is weak becuz you can do that with any diss track
    The only fact you have is Jay smashing Nas's BM.
    Jay using his voice and making it a hot song is not a fact because you deliberatly left out the hot line part which we all know is opinion.
    Nas not getting a dime from it is false and MC Serch already explain this.
    Nas falling off is still strictly opinion and to me its a wrong opinion but to each is own. Sometimes I wonder if people know the difference between facts and opinions. SMDH!!

Lmao at saying a ? fell off is an opinion but a man calling another man ugly is a fact..... SMDH.... But ok bruh I'm not finna get into takeover vs ether episode 10000000000000 becuz it ain't gonna lead to nothing new

Yea its true that its usually opinion but Jay-z said that about himself when it came to the ladies and Nas used his own words against him. That right there makes it factual. Nas flipped it on him badly and it backfired on Jay-z. Jay-z should have never mentioned his looks on his album and he set himself up for a bad fall.

Yea becuz a man critiquing another man's looks is a win.....? kinda ? to me but to each they own *shrugs*
    LOL at changing the subject. Its not about win or loss. Its about facts and opinions but you took it there so whatever.

Bottom line is they both have facts and bs..... One is just built around more of facts and the other is built around more of bs.... Oh and nas not getting paid off Jay using his voice was a fact serch just said his company wasn't the one that got paid either.... But whatever lol

I'm curious which one to you was built more about facts?? Also where's the proof that Nas said he didn't get paid? Did Nas say so himself?? Jay-Z was trying to tell us that it was MC Serch that got paid for it and we all now know its a lie so why are we still crediting Jay-z for it?? Listen I like both MCs and yes there was bs in both disses. I just happen to believe that Nas came with more facts than Jay-z did but to the people that are bias towards jayz or stanning for him would disagree and they don't have the proof to back it up.....But whatever

Serch himself said neither of them got paid and hes the one who set it up what since nas didn't say it himself that means it never happened??? Smdh....Well of course your gonna probably have more facts in a 4 minute song then in a verse of a song.... Just like your gonna have alot more ? in the same song it all just depends on which you choose to highlight.... But yea whatever

Ok so you agree that Nas has more facts!! That was my main point in all of this. The OP tried to come off like ether was all bs and name calling and takeover was mainly facts. So whats the problem then??
  • jim1000
    Options
    Idk if this is just a nas fans thing or what but ppl take the "facts" comment EXTRA literally like ppl are saying every single word in takeover is gospel then they break every bar down to its smallest syllable to find the ? to say "ah ha see that's not a 100% fact" smh..... ? broke down Jay saying nas didn't get paid off of his use of his voice to sum "well if nas sold his publishing then the money from Jay is in there somewhere so technically nas did get paid kinda so it's not a fact".... This is why I normally leave this debate alone lol

Botttomline is this Jay-Z under estimated Nas and took him lightly. Jay-Z started with the Name calling in takeover and Nas took it to a whole new level of disrespect. I have no problem with people saying takeover is better than ether which to me I disagree with. But please spare with this Jayz takeover was mainly facts and ether was mainly name calling and ? .
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where was I 93-99 I was in the bx fully untuned wit the culture, hot 97 on all day, so I know there were plenty ? bigger than nas.

More importantly to this this thread 99-2006 I was in the Bronx. And through the the second golden age, Nas was behind dipset gunit and dblock. Now if you are going to pretend Nas was a contender in this era your a dickridin ? . Bc Nas had so many fails and Ls thru that era. So we're going to act as if " quick to back down " was not what Nas career was relying on at that moment. Once dipset dropped in 2002 after the battle , Nas was an official afterthought in nyc. So ? all that.

Biggie ? on Nas, Jay ? on Nas, cam ? on Nas, 50 ? on Nas. The only support he had thru the second golden age was jadakiss. Cam had ? wrapped from 02 to 06 . He was looked at as being on the same level as 50 and Jay being the only one above him. That's why you gotta love it was so big. And Curtis changed the rap game. Video for diss records that broke the Internet and forced YouTube to work out a deal with cam and 50 and changed the future of rap. Ether did none of that
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ether was filled with non provable statements and jokes and ppl treat this as the standards for diss records. Then Camron takes the same route to slaughter jayz and 50 cent and so called hip hop purist act as if it was insignificant or wack. Both of these diss records overshadowed ether by far. Nas was dead when ether came out . Cam shut nyc down with both these diss records. And they are arguably better songs than ether. Ether is overrated by Nas stans. Even xzibits diss to jermaine dupri is comparable to ether.
    http://youtu.be/sFsO7tmfT_s

Just to name of few.

http://youtu.be/pnycZjc3nQM

What makes ether better honestly?

Nas went plat before ether came out. Sooo ummm yeah

What does that mean? Jay sold 10 times more than Nas ever did and....

You said nas was dead he wasn't, jay always had a commerical hit he pushed nas rarely pushes his radio hits. Ether still come up today cause's arguments and gets people in their feelings. Look at this thread your ethering your own ? by saying it wasn't all that or whatever but 14yrs later its on your mind. "That Ether the ? that makes your soul burn slow !

No I brought it up bc I'm on the IC and ether is the tabernacle here but I personally know of and seen the impact of other diss records. I lived through all these disses. None can compare to takeover. I'm tryna get y'all to see that most y'all just bandwagon dicjriders when it comes to ether bc I lived it and seen it

Takeover was a bunch of opinions ? jockies tried to make fact. Look at nas lp's 2 back to back classics i am was tough and Nastradamus was weak compared to the other 3 but still had 6 bangers 3 ok tracks and few weak ones outta 15 or 16 tracks and 2 of them were skits so that 1 hot album every 10yr ? is outta there. Takeover was a reach. Still fire but reach

I showed you ya first tech on tour with large professor
    Then I heard u talkin bout ya tech on the dresser
    So yea I sampled your voice you was using it wrong
    You made it a hot line
    I made it a hot song
    You ain't get a coin ? u was getting ? and I know who I paid ? Searchlight publishing

All facts
    How do you know the tech was facts? Was you there?? That right there exposed how biast you are.
    Once again you exposed yourself to your stanning since MC Serch already explained that he didnt own Nas publishing. I swear Takeover is so overrated that its really comical when someone comes to defend it like its facts. The only fact on takeover was the carmen line and that was a good one by Jay. Nas destroyed him with facts, comedy, anger, and the ultimate disrespect of dropping in on Hov's birthday.

How do you know what nas said in ether was "facts"..... Ain't none of us be there for any of they personal ? so it's all hearsay
    Just to name of few.

Jay smashing his bm-Facts
    Jay using his voice and making a hot song-Facts
    Nas not getting a dime from it-Facts
    Nas falling off-Facts

Ain't tryna make this a ether vs takeover ? but the whole " were you there" ? is weak becuz you can do that with any diss track
    The only fact you have is Jay smashing Nas's BM.
    Jay using his voice and making it a hot song is not a fact because you deliberatly left out the hot line part which we all know is opinion.
    Nas not getting a dime from it is false and MC Serch already explain this.
    Nas falling off is still strictly opinion and to me its a wrong opinion but to each is own. Sometimes I wonder if people know the difference between facts and opinions. SMDH!!

Lmao at saying a ? fell off is an opinion but a man calling another man ugly is a fact..... SMDH.... But ok bruh I'm not finna get into takeover vs ether episode 10000000000000 becuz it ain't gonna lead to nothing new

Yea its true that its usually opinion but Jay-z said that about himself when it came to the ladies and Nas used his own words against him. That right there makes it factual. Nas flipped it on him badly and it backfired on Jay-z. Jay-z should have never mentioned his looks on his album and he set himself up for a bad fall.

Yea becuz a man critiquing another man's looks is a win.....? kinda ? to me but to each they own *shrugs*
    LOL at changing the subject. Its not about win or loss. Its about facts and opinions but you took it there so whatever.

Bottom line is they both have facts and bs..... One is just built around more of facts and the other is built around more of bs.... Oh and nas not getting paid off Jay using his voice was a fact serch just said his company wasn't the one that got paid either.... But whatever lol

I'm curious which one to you was built more about facts?? Also where's the proof that Nas said he didn't get paid? Did Nas say so himself?? Jay-Z was trying to tell us that it was MC Serch that got paid for it and we all now know its a lie so why are we still crediting Jay-z for it?? Listen I like both MCs and yes there was bs in both disses. I just happen to believe that Nas came with more facts than Jay-z did but to the people that are bias towards jayz or stanning for him would disagree and they don't have the proof to back it up.....But whatever

Serch himself said neither of them got paid and hes the one who set it up what since nas didn't say it himself that means it never happened??? Smdh....Well of course your gonna probably have more facts in a 4 minute song then in a verse of a song.... Just like your gonna have alot more ? in the same song it all just depends on which you choose to highlight.... But yea whatever

Ok so you agree that Nas has more facts!! That was my main point in all of this. The OP tried to come off like ether was all bs and name calling and takeover was mainly facts. So whats the problem then??

Ether has more of everything it's a actual WHOLE SONG and not just a verse.... Nobody saying takeover is 100% down to its deepest crevices unbreakable non debatable facts but the premise of takeover is built around facts while the premise of ether is built around bags with facts sprinkled in.... For every fact bar in ether there's 3 ? bars ain't too many ? bars in takeover becuz ain't too much period.... Yes that esco ? tanked yes the story was confirmed that Jay showed him a tech and yes nas ended up talking about having a tech yes jay used his voice and didn't pay him to do it yes nas said he been in it 10 and Jay first album came out 5 years b4 bp yes he smashed his bm.... The only having a hot album and bodyguard verse being better then his is opinion ? but the premise of takeover is facts wasn't too much random ? about his looks or other werid ? in it
  • jim1000
    Options

Now this is what I don't get. How was takeover built around facts?? Takeover was built around Jay-Z opinion of Nas from a fans point of view. Then I find it strange that Jay Hova himself would cry on hot 97 and start stuttering to Angie martinez asking if he warranted that?? ? acted like he was invincible and obviously jay was hurt by ether. Sorry but I'm not buying this theory that takeover was built around facts because it wasn't.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These lyric by lyric break downs of these songs make my eyes hurt... The ? was 14 years ago, get over it.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether had Jay on the radio talking about Nas went too far. It got a better reaction than those disses.
  • _God_
    Options
    This about cam
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    So didn't esco tank??? Fact
    Didn't Jay show nas a tech and didn't nas later make a song with a reference of him having a tech??? Fact
    Didn't Jay use nas voice??? Fact
    Didn't he use his voice without having to give nas a dime to do it??? Fact
    Didn't Nas himself say he been in it 10??? Fact
    Didn't RD come out 5 years prior to BP??? Fact
    Didn't Jay smash his BM??? Fact

That's not the whole verse but those are damn near the premises that his WHOLE verse is built off of....now you can break it down to its deepest core dissect it down find a point in it that has a decimal of something you can question and use that to try to ? the whole point but that doesn't change the fact that the premise of ether and takeover differ....ether premise was more built on ? talking with facts sprinkled in takeover was built on more facts with ? talking sprinkled in
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Hot Boyz" is a song by rapper Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott featuring Lil' Mo. The remix version of the song was an urban hit featuring Nas, Eve and Q-Tip. The remix broke the record for most weeks at number-one on the US R&B chart on the issue dated January 15, 2000; as well as spending 16 weeks at number one on the Hot Rap Singles from December 4, 1999 to March 25, 2000. The song also reached number 5 on the US Hot 100 on January 15, 2000. In the UK, the song became the biggest hit from the Da Real World album; it peaked at #18, being Missy's sixth top 40 and fourth top 20 solo success.

Takeover was ? . Nas was on Hot Boyz which broke the record for most weeks at #1.

I know it wasn't on Nas's album, but to say Nas fell off is nonsense.
  • _God_
    edited December 2015
    Options
    "Hot Boyz" is a song by rapper Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott featuring Lil' Mo. The remix version of the song was an urban hit featuring Nas, Eve and Q-Tip. The remix broke the record for most weeks at number-one on the US R&B chart on the issue dated January 15, 2000; as well as spending 16 weeks at number one on the Hot Rap Singles from December 4, 1999 to March 25, 2000. The song also reached number 5 on the US Hot 100 on January 15, 2000. In the UK, the song became the biggest hit from the Da Real World album; it peaked at #18, being Missy's sixth top 40 and fourth top 20 solo success.

Takeover was ? . Nas was on Hot Boyz which broke the record for most weeks at #1.

That is missy song, missy put him on the bc she knew he fell off, she knew that would revive his career

Cam wouldn't have been able to shoot to the top so fast if jay so called lost to Nas
  • GetoBoy
    Options

Is that really the metric you gonna use??? Lmao ok bruh
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cammy had A pool the size of A cup of water, dipset is DEAD ruthellen1266-5996.jpg
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Nas wrote and co-starred in Belly in 1998. I Am went platinum in 1999, Nastradamus went platinum in 1999 and he was on Hot Boyz which broke the record for most weeks at #1 in 2000. Death of Escobar mixtape was flames.

How can anybody say he fell off in that time period?
  • GetoBoy
    Options

Nas wrote and co-starred in Belly in 1998. I Am went platinum in 1999, Nastradamus went platinum in 1999 and he was on Hot Boyz which broke the record for most weeks at #1 in 2000. Death of Escobar mixtape was flames.

Ok bruh let's just say for the sake of argument since you seem to be completely stuck on that one thing nas ain't fall off how does that one thing discredit the WHOLE verse??? ? the type to say "Jay ain't shoot nas 70 times in the frame like he said in the verse so takeover ain't got no facts" bruh just stop
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    But to keep it on topic Cam songs where the same kinda songs ether was but it didn't get the same kinda response from everybody and Cam don't get the same kinda respect plus Jay or 50 didn't really give it too much attention so they just got over looked
  • _God_
    Options
    Cam was writing for big L

Camron-youkidding_zps302c0fdd.gif

Cam did write for hooks for L, check the credits and check that French documentary, digga , children of the corn producer even said it, and they all helped eachother out, dipset was the same way
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought that Ether was so great because Jay Z doesnt give a ? about it by now and neither does Nas, but Jigga warriors are quick to get homotional just as soon as the name of the song is mentioned, and its sure as hell not going to change because a bunch of butthurted groupies keep crying about how Nas lost, not going to change the reaction on this board, and not going to change when people say "Damn, dude got ethered"
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Where was I 93-99 I was in the bx fully untuned wit the culture, hot 97 on all day, so I know there were plenty ? bigger than nas.

More importantly to this this thread 99-2006 I was in the Bronx. And through the the second golden age, Nas was behind dipset gunit and dblock. Now if you are going to pretend Nas was a contender in this era your a dickridin ? . Bc Nas had so many fails and Ls thru that era. So we're going to act as if " quick to back down " was not what Nas career was relying on at that moment. Once dipset dropped in 2002 after the battle , Nas was an official afterthought in nyc. So ? all that.

Biggie ? on Nas, Jay ? on Nas, cam ? on Nas, 50 ? on Nas. The only support he had thru the second golden age was jadakiss. Cam had ? wrapped from 02 to 06 . He was looked at as being on the same level as 50 and Jay being the only one above him. That's why you gotta love it was so big. And Curtis changed the rap game. Video for diss records that broke the Internet and forced YouTube to work out a deal with cam and 50 and changed the future of rap. Ether did none of that

NO son he was not thought of as the same, cam never been a major factor in new York, he was always behind dudes weather it be jay, 50, nas, jada, dmx, fab....dipset had a little run but no one realistically can say they had anything locked down ever

undertaker-cut-throat-o.gif
  • _God_
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

NO son he was not thought of as the same, cam never been a major factor in new York, he was always behind dudes weather it be jay, 50, nas, jada, dmx, fab....dipset had a little run but no one realistically can say they had anything locked down ever

Fam it's clear your not from nyc so what u say don't really matter, all your stories is third n fourth hand
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

Fam it's clear your not from nyc so what u say don't really matter, all your stories is third n fourth hand

280x212px-LL-4cdc3ee2_Camronnopegif.gif

seems like I got more of a handle on what was going poppin off in new York than you....or you just like making up history, my guess gonna be both are true
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Troll thread

Free post

• _God_
    Options

seems like I got more of a handle on what was going poppin off in new York than you....or you just like making up history, my guess gonna be both are true

No you don't not at all you goin by what other ? that wasn't there was saying so....yea whatever u say fam. Lol

How a ? from Wichita tellin me what was goin on in the city
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Ok bruh let's just say for the sake of argument since you seem to be completely stuck on that one thing nas ain't fall off how does that one thing discredit the WHOLE verse??? ? the type to say "Jay ain't shoot nas 70 times in the frame like he said in the verse so takeover ain't got no facts" bruh just stop

But the whole point is that people say Takeover was facts. My point is that Takeover was ? . Good song, but it wasn't facts.