New Orleans to build a slave ship museum

Options

Comments

• Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But they keep pushing slavery on us lately. slavery slavery slavery and dont you forget it. Why? How can we forget it?
    Is there more to the story?

all of a sudden all these movies and tv shows/mini-series and a "Roots" re-make, as more info unfolds. its already established that the Olmecs of central/south america were Black. So the blacks only stayed down there and didnt travel up to the north american continent?

If this earth was once one big land mass, pangea, and stone mountain georgia is the same kind of rock the great egyptian pyramids are made of, that's proof that Black people were on the lands as the continents broke away to their current positions due to the movements of the tectonic plates.

(sorry yall, im just thinkin out loud)
    (and my spirit is putting pieces together, piece by peace pipe.)
    (our educational system is a lie, and if its exposed, it alone, could bring america down)
    (and thats, why racism and white supremacy is a necessary evil.)
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

Huh? Most people don't get into history because they can't possibly understand how certain events happened. Go ahead build a slave ship have a good curator show how cramped and small and miserable it can be let people actually experience it to open their eyes to the true horrors of it.

Fully agreed. For them crackas to get the full affect, they should make the ship stink or ? and death and ? knows what else
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CAPITALISM AT WORK.

WOW.

• Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

Huh? Most people don't get into history because they can't possibly understand how certain events happened. Go ahead build a slave ship have a good curator show how cramped and small and miserable it can be let people actually experience it to open their eyes to the true horrors of it.

Fully agreed. For them crackas to get the full affect, they should make the ship stink or ? and death and ? knows what else

yall words made me post this movie. This is the realest slave movie ever, and it went all over the world, except for America. I never heard of it until this year. and the actors aint acting. They are hatians who needed the money and got abused in real life.

Movie: Goodbye Uncle Tom (1971)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCtCEKzmMsQ
  • leftcoastkev
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    That ship is gonna be comfortable as ? . Probably gonna put a Starbucks in that joint

Along with human slave storage La-Z-Boy recliners with silk shackles.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    But they keep pushing slavery on us lately. slavery slavery slavery and dont you forget it. Why? How can we forget it?

all of a sudden all these movies and tv shows/mini-series and a "Roots" re-make, as more info unfolds. its already established that the Olmecs of central/south america were Black. So the blacks only stayed down there and didnt travel up to the north american continent?

If this earth was once one big land mass, pangea, and stone mountain georgia is the same kind of rock the great egyptian pyramids are made of, that's proof that Black people were on the lands as the continents broke away to their current positions due to the movements of the tectonic plates.

(our educational system is a lie, and if its exposed, it alone, could bring america down)

Preach. Black people were here way before slavery. They're just trying to rewrite history yet again, and a lot of us go along with it due to ignorance.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I imagine white folks, non-blacks, and blacks that don't know any better are the only ones going to get a kick outta this. Places like bourbon street are largely populated with white people on regular weekends. And blacks make up 90% of the staff in restaurants and bars. This building is going to reflect the same thing and it's shamefully ironic. ? next to a giant replicated slave boat serving to white folks. It's like Paula Dean just had to wait a few more years.

It's nonsense that they're going to spend $170mil to remind of us of our place on slavery. A museum for all black American history would of been a far more sensible thing to do in NO. Especially for the annual black events they have out there. That ? would make a killing and have a far better impact on us all. Where the ? was the vote for this ? ?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is thread worthy by itself.
  • leftcoastkev
    edited December 2015
    Options

It's already exposed all you have to do is look at it. Damn near everything official is cloaked in the things deemed un American, "un-Christian" and "un godly". Things from Egypt.

I wouldn't be surprise if America was full of ancient artifacts and structures that were destroyed and go unknown to this day.

Look at this ? .....they put it in your face......But the education doesn't teach you about the EDUCATOR so without the missing link people stay ignorant.

US Department of Education - It's the crown chakra and staff of Tehuti.
    DepartmentofEd.jpg

American Medical Association - again, staff of Tehuti
    medical-symbol-chrome-332x336.jpg

Not to mention the dollar bill itself...
    Dollar%20bill_0.JPG

The pillars of America are wrapped in it.....but but I know I know it's all just a series of coincidences and things that appear to be only when put together and you look FOR it....... but they're really all separate.....sure.......

• CEOFABRIC
    CEOFABRIC Members Posts: 167 ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

Rigggght... just like all the slave movies....
    They might as well bring back slavery. alotta ? ? , wouldn't even realize the difference..."It feels like, i never left"

Hopefully, across the street from the slave ship, they build a halocaust musuem in the relplica of a 5 story oven. so that i can be educated on how hot it was....
    exactly, Jews aint stupid enough as a group, to cosign fuckery.

My sentiments exactly, the jews would never allow some ? like this to happen.. Try building a full size concentration camp and watch the outrage! Matter fact the conversation wouldn't even happen!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

It sounds like a dope concept, especially for young african americans that claim they are far removed from racism and history. I just hope it's done in a way that provides an accurate depiction of the slave trade and not a revised version where we were just passengers on a ship

Yall can't be ? serious with the ? yall saying
    Laurence-Fishburne.gif
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CEOFABRIC wrote: »
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

They might as well bring back slavery. alotta ? ? , wouldn't even realize the difference..."It feels like, i never left"

Hopefully, across the street from the slave ship, they build a halocaust musuem in the relplica of a 5 story oven. so that i can be educated on how hot it was....

My sentiments exactly, the jews would never allow some ? like this to happen.. Try building a full size concentration camp and watch the outrage! Matter fact the conversation wouldn't even happen!

Actually, at the holocaust museum in DC you can walk in the actual train cars used to transport Jews to Auschwitz & other concentration camps. In addition to several other holocaust related things.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

Actually, at the holocaust museum in DC you can walk in the actual train cars used to transport Jews to Auschwitz & other concentration camps. In addition to several other holocaust related things.

But ain't the shape of a got damn gas chamber or a replica concentration camp.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The olmecs where not black just googled it liars!!!!
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The olmecs where not black just googled it liars!!!!

I think the school of thought is their features are representative of the Negroid
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olmec toys were black though
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    ATalentedOne already applied to work as a waiter

Got him ha
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So let me get this straight. A slave ship museum for white folks to visit during the day. Bourbon St. for said white folks to get ? at night.

How soon after opening will some cac end up dead and some ? (s) in jail?
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm very new to the slavery topic and iam reading a book (slave narrative six pack 4 ) to educate myself about it and the book contains documented relates of people who lived in slavery. stories they tell of what they lived and witnessed and yo man is incredible how ignorant I was to many things and also is incredible how more than half of the truth has never been told to us in the books in school that's why I always read aside from school text books and try to educate myself on different history topics. Knowledge is power and many don't want masses of the people to have it. I think they should find a better way to educate people on slavery rather than museums because the reality of slavery is very very offensive to those who had to endure and be tortured while enslaved and those people who went through such unimaginable attrosities deserve never ending respect
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put some butter on dat der crawfish
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well the rest of you can close your eyes but I'd rather remain fully aware of what White Devils are capable of.

Nobody else ever been to the National Great Blacks In Wax Museum in Baltimore? They've had a (small, like two rooms) slave ship replica for like 20 years and I never seen nobody complain about the ? . They got a lynching exhibit too, which is GORY AS ? and features a recreation of Mary Turner's lynching, complete with the fetus ripped out of her stomach. Yeah, fun for the whole family lol. Its not all slave history btw they got lots of cool stuff like Hannibal, Mansa Musa, and Black Pharaohs too......but the lynching and slave ship exhibits are what you tend to remember. Learned a lot from that museum, like how slave ship captains would make sure all the young girls were in a separate hold near their cabin smfh.

Black Museums exist in every city, but they are usually small and underfunded from what I've seen. Comparing the African-American history museum in Philadelphia to the Jewish-American history museum in Philadelphia is like comparing a high school football field to Cowboys Stadium smh.

"they need to give that money to the schools" - yeah but they should be doing that ANYWAY, you could say "give it to the kids instead" about any kind of outside money coming into N.O for anything, that doesn't mean they should never build things like museums. We're not talking about a NFL stadium.
    But they keep pushing slavery on us lately. slavery slavery slavery and dont you forget it. Why?

man this is the 12 Years thread all over again. I can understand suspicion towards commercial exploitation of slave history, but I study history enough to know that most people barely remember what happened last year, let alone a century or two ago.

Why all this slavery stuff lately?

Why so many Slave movies now?

Why they wanna build slavery museums now?

They wanna remind us of our place

What? Ya'll ? for real?

Excuse me,

but last I checked, America spent about a century plus willfully ignoring its genocidal past and hoping that everyone else would kindly forget about who was building those big houses their precious Founding Fathers were sleeping (and ? ) in. The Civil War was successfully repainted by Southern historians as "a noble conflict over state's rights" for most of the 20th Century. The Confederate Flag's evolution into a pop culture symbol happened in that context. Andrew Jackson was placed on the $20 bill in 1928 and people still barely acknowledge that the man was ? to the Native Americans. White Historians always say Jackson was a "kind slave master" for his era - he didn't forbid his slaves from marrying, what a good christian man. "Advertising for a runaway in 1804, for example, he offered fifty dollars reward, plus 'ten dollars extra, for every hundred lashes any person will give him, to the amount of three hundred.'"

They said a lot of white people were shocked when Roots first aired. They had been sheltered so long by cuddly Disney versions of history where Slavery Was No Big Deal, why wouldn't they be? It was a society-wide cover-up.

Slave movies? Wake up, Hollywood didn't make any ? slave movies. Goodbye Uncle Tom was made by racist Italians and Roots had TV cameras w/ a budget of $6 million. You think MGM or RKO or 20th Century Fox or Warner Brothers or Paramount Pictures had any interest in reminding American moviegoers what a bunch of ? barbarians their great-grandparents were? Fuuuuuuuuuck no.

D. Morgan wrote: »
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

They don't NEED to build replica concentration camps and gas chambers because many of the originals are still standing. Idiots.

bigauschwitz02.jpg

_58597590_wp_okladka.jpg

More importantly, even the most uneducated illiterate ignorant person in America is AWARE of the whole "? industrialized death camp" thing. How many Americans have no idea about the blood spilled in their neighborhood a generation or two ago?

Mary_Turner_Historical_Marker.JPG

Note the year in the corner, 2010.

They say in Germany, they been had historical markers reminding you of the Nazis crimes EVERYWHERE. Michael Moore has a segment in his new film where he compares this to the lack of similar historical markers for slavery/"Indian Removal" and the veneration of Confederate generals. Meanwhile in America we take like a whole century before getting around to it...

Pangea?!??! You mean that supercontinent from 250 million years before humans existed????

giphy.gif

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? complain about any and everything. Severe amount of group think goes in here
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I've never heard ? complain about a museum.
    Let them build it and put every brutal atrocity on display for visitors to see....these kinds of museums should be shocking.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is a distraction. Lately, Ive been seeing alot of evidence that Black people were in America before the Native Americans (came walking from asia during the ice age).

And we think we all look different from Africans because all "African-Americans" have one drop of white blood and that is why we look different.

When we was sayin " I gots Indian in my fammmmmmleeee" who was there to dismiss it?

When we were sayin "slaves escaped to find refuge with the natives" who was there to tell us that natives had slaves too?

When we asked "out of all the races in the world, why Africans had to be slaves?" who told us "well, they were the strongest and could tolerate the diseases white people carried because of the sickle cell gene."

But I am a history major and tend to read ? that i didnt get from college and read that George Washington said "take away the feathers and moccasins, and in 100 years, nobody will ever know the difference (from the African slaves).

And lastly, we were told slaves always went north for freedom. Florida was spain during slavery. 1513-1845. So, by that logic, slaves ran from alabama, mississippi, and georgia, to ohio, barefoot, when free land florida was right there?

Who taught us this ? and why?

im done.

Word. Its crazy the ? that people dont know and the ? that wasnt taught in school. Anybody every heard of the Stono rebellion? That ? predates NatTurner and their goal was to escape slavery in SC and find freedom Spanish Florida. They left alot of dead cacs in their wake.

Im from GA. but its shocking how people were born and raised here and don't know that GA was founded to be a buffer zone between British SC and free Spanish FL. The original British settlers to GA were convicts. They emptied out the prisons and sent them here. There sole purpose was to prevent their human capital from escaping the British colonies and going to FL. GA cacs were the firewall that stood between slavery and freedom. They were the last line of defense and were given card blanche to do what it took to preserve thr peculiar instiution and their stolen African captives.

People wonder why these GA cacs are so vicious and hateful. They trace their lineage back to 18th century British murders, ? , thieves, etc. Same ? they did in Australia. ? crazy man smmfh
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Wtf

Stop the BS New Orleans.

jono wrote: »
    It’s going to be a massive 5 story building with a replica of a real slave ship.

Because reading is fundamental. It's not much different than having the trains at the holocaust museum. Where it gets a little different is having an additional replica ride up & down the river.