'Bill Cosby Show’ Actress Claims Comedian ? Her In New Lawsuit

Options

Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Maybe Pill Cosby will learn now to have Black people back instead of criticizing us every chance he can during interviews

That man got his wake up call lol

You should actually go read that speech instead of believing 2nd 3rd hand misinformation of top just because the media says it

If you did then you actually wouldn't have made this comment

So who set Cosby up? Who orchestrated this whole thing in your opinion?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    Maybe Pill Cosby will learn now to have Black people back instead of criticizing us every chance he can during interviews

You should actually go read that speech instead of believing 2nd 3rd hand misinformation of top just because the media says it

jst because someone cant say who started the setup doesnt mean a setup wasnt in play.

your question is pointless.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

a terrible way of looking at this.

was he wrong tho.
    if you wasnt living like that then why would it bother you?

this man put those thru college who wanted to better themselves and wants more people to better themselves. but he wrong for saying have some pride and dignity.

? i agree to a majority of what he was saying.
    maybe his timing was off with his audience but ? didnt take ? from it. ? rather focus on him not being perfect or him saying it to white people or anything other than taking responsibility.

How so?

Do you beleive after this is all over
    Bill will be back to lecturing black people on "stop blaming white people for your problem,blame yourself"?

• a.mann
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I believe its the statements made in the depositions and how be both view those statements.

Bill said he purchased the sedative (quaalude) for the women to take and he'll have sex with them (fact)
    he never said he took the sedative (quaalude) (fact)

I just can't abandon common sense as to what this clear implies

Again this doesn't necessarily make him a ? ,if all 50 plus women consent to this ?

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

I believe its the statements made in the depositions and how be both view those statements.

Bill said he purchased the sedative (quaalude) for the women to take and he'll have sex with them (fact)

Again this doesn't necessarily make him a ? ,if all 50 plus women consent to this ?
    Consent under duress, they wanted up the ladder!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

was he wrong tho.

this man put those thru college who wanted to better themselves and wants more people to better themselves. but he wrong for saying have some pride and dignity.

maybe his timing was off with his audience but ? didnt take ? from it. ? rather focus on him not being perfect or him saying it to white people or anything other than taking responsibility.

How so?

Bill will be back to lecturing black people on "stop blaming white people for your problem,blame yourself"?

one has nothing to do with the other.
    his job as a successful entertainer is to help encourage people. the problem is people dont like the way he said it.

? all tough and gun clapping and talking about keeping it real but when someone keeps it real they need it to be said nicely and they need to be handled with kid gloves.

real ? ....
    i feel where he was coming from. it is plenty of very smart black people that get lost or swallowed up in fukk ? and they never grow out of it. then complain they aint got nothing.

but how do you carry yourself. if you carry yourself like and ass people will see you as an ass. but when someone says hey bruh ...dont be like that, you can be better and hold your self better...then ? wanna try to discredit him by saying but you ? a ? .

no one is perfect and because of that doesnt give ? an out to not listen to the message.

now when a successful man doesnt say ? or try to help...guess what.
    now he aint keeping it real. he on his high horse, he elitist, he aint one of us. he wants to keep the money all to himself.

i am no where near cosby level but i can tell you i feel the same way he does and i aint ? a chick but ? still wont listen to a message.
  • a.mann
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Let's try again:

When this mess is all clear, will Bill go back making quotes like this:

‘"We Can’t Blame White People’ ‘Blacks Are Screwed By No One Else But Themselves’"

and this

""Your ? laundry gets out of school at 2:30 every day. It’s cursing on the way home, on the bus, train, in the candy store. They are cursing and grabbing each other and going nowhere.
    The book bag is very, very thin because there’s nothing in it.
    Don’t worry about the white man, he added. I could care less about what white people think about me … let them talk"""
  • Westie
    Options

jst because someone cant say who started the setup doesnt mean a setup wasnt in play.

I'm not trying to troll you, don't interrupt me when I'm starting ? please.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His son was killed the 1st time that he tried to buy NBC.

They're going to ? Slick ? and say it's suicide. 5 years tops
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

I'm not trying to troll you, don't interrupt me when I'm starting ? please.

sorry
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

774055-WORDGAMES.gif
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He also told Trump to run or shut up, Trump was not impressed.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Let's try again:

‘"We Can’t Blame White People’ ‘Blacks Are Screwed By No One Else But Themselves’"

and this

""Your ? laundry gets out of school at 2:30 every day. It’s cursing on the way home, on the bus, train, in the candy store. They are cursing and grabbing each other and going nowhere.
    Don’t worry about the white man, he added. I could care less about what white people think about me … let them talk"""

ok ...yea lets try it again

and again two different things.
    when someone is not trying to do ? with there life yet blaming white people ...i think thats his point.

what hes going thru.. this is white people coming right for his neck. he can blame them. they are going for HIM. yet he didnt say they are holding me back.

and as for your last line...what does bring books home to study have to do with this. nothing. not doing or wanting something in life has nothing to do with his case.
    its sounds more like frustration that anything. hes tired of seeing his people not rise to there potential.
    and he dont care what white ppl think of him when he was saying it or maybe even ? ? (lol) ..

but i get his point.

if people use this as a point to not listen and heed his advice. then maybe they are unrealistic about who they should be listening to
  • D. Morgan
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Let's try again:

and this

Don’t worry about the white man, he added. I could care less about what white people think about me … let them talk"""[/
    i]

I understand the context of the first quote

I don't see the problem with the bold!!!
  • a.mann
    Options

There never seems to be any context or fully account of this statement.
    I did the leg work...and here it is:
    THE MEDIA BUSINESS; Bill Cosby Trying to Buy NBC From G.E.
    By BILL CARTER
    Published: October 29, 1992

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/29/business/the-media-business-bill-cosby-trying-to-buy-nbc-from-ge.html

Bill Cosby, NBC's biggest star of the 80's, is trying to buy the television network from its current owner, the General Electric Company.

Norman Brokaw, the chief executive of the William Morris Agency and Mr. Cosby's personal agent for 30 years, confirmed yesterday that he had discussed Mr. Cosby's intention to make an offer for NBC with Robert C. Wright, the network's president.

Mr. Brokaw said he flew into New York last week expressly to meet with Mr. Wright. "I told him Bill is definitely interested in buying NBC, and Mr. Wright eventually said that NBC is not for sale."

For more than two years, NBC has been the subject of continuing rumors that it is for sale, especially since its ratings have gone into a steep decline.

Mr. Brokaw said he and Mr. Cosby had decided "to fully pursue a deal" for NBC. He added that Mr. Cosby had met with his lawyer, Herbert H. Chaice, to discuss the details of the possible purchase.

Mr. Chaice, of the Manhattan firm of Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler, said he had talked with investment houses about Mr. Cosby's becoming what he called "one of a number of principals" in such a purchase. "It's not likely that Bill will do the whole thing, nor would I consider it prudent that he try to," Mr. Chaice said.

Mr. Brokaw said Mr. Cosby had held preliminary talks with "a couple of individuals" on being partners in an NBC takeover.

Neither Mr. Brokaw nor Mr. Chaice disclosed how much Mr. Cosby might be willing to pay for NBC.

But analysts said the asking price for NBC was likely to be about $4 billion. General Electric paid $6.5 billion when it acquired the network's parent company, the RCA Corporation, in 1986. General Electric has since sold off RCA's electronics divisions and acquired several other television properties, including the cable channel CNBC.

General Electric's stock gained $1.125 yesterday, to close at $77.75 on the New York Stock Exchange. Cosby Has No Comment

Mr. Brokaw said Mr. Cosby, who was in Philadelphia yesterday taping his new syndicated television series "You Bet Your Life," would have no comment on the offer..

But Mr. Brokaw denied some news reports yesterday indicating that the deal was dead. "This is a real story," he said. "Bill authorized me to come to New York and meet with Bob Wright."

And Mr. Chaice said: "We understand they said NBC is not for sale. What inferences you can draw from that I'm not sure of. But in my mind, everything is for sale. It just depends on what the seller and buyer agree upon."

As it has done in the past, NBC declined to comment on the possibility that the network might be sold.

But one senior NBC executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that Mr. Brokaw had exaggerated the seriousness of his discussions with Mr. Wright.

Mr. Cosby's personal wealth has been estimated at $300 million. The entertainer owns a substantial piece of "The Cosby Show," his longtime comedy hit, which was produced by the Carsey-Werner Company and ended an eight-year run on NBC last spring. Mr. Brokaw pointed out that syndication sales of reruns of "The Cosby Show" to local television stations were very strong. "The show is approaching $1 billion in syndication," he said. 'Warm Feelings' About NBC

Mr. Brokaw characterized Mr. Cosby's interest in buying the network in personal terms. "Bill has very warm feelings about NBC," he said. "He got his break there almost 30 years ago in 'I Spy.' Then he had the most financially successful show of all time there in the 1980's."
  • a.mann
    Options
    Keep in mind JUST NBC sold in 2009 to Comcast which purchased a 51% controlling stake in NBC Universal from General Electric (which would retain the remaining 49%) for $6.5 billion in cash.

6.5 billion in CASH and that only got them 51%.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No more questions from you until you show me the evidence that makes you so confident to call Cosby a ?

was he wrong tho.

How so?

Again, not what he said
  • Westie
    Options

No more questions from you until you show me the evidence that makes you so confident to call Cosby a ?

was he wrong tho.

How so?

Again, not what he said

Who tf you think you're talking to? I can ask any questions i want. You can ? out and not answer them, that ain't my problem tho.

I'm still calling Cosby a ? and ain't ? you can do about it.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

That's not common sense, that's your imagination running wild

You don't know that Cosby didn't take any of the drugs, you jumped to that conclusion

And even if he didn't take it, so what? What does this imply in your imagination?
  • a.mann
    Options
    Let's try again:

and this

ok ...yea lets try it again

and again two different things.
    when someone is not trying to do ? with there life yet blaming white people ...i think thats his point.

what hes going thru.. this is white people coming right for his neck. he can blame them. they are going for HIM. yet he didnt say they are holding me back.

and as for your last line...what does bring books home to study have to do with this. nothing. not doing or wanting something in life has nothing to do with his case.
    its sounds more like frustration that anything. hes tired of seeing his people not rise to there potential.
    and he dont care what white ppl think of him when he was saying it or maybe even ? ? (lol) ..

but i get his point.

if people use this as a point to not listen and heed his advice. then maybe they are unrealistic about who they should be listening to

Does Bill have (life) problems? Yes
    Was Bill trying to something? Yes (buy NBC according many here and abroad)

And who are the "they" that's being blamed for his problem??

The Klingons? The Romulan? The Chitauri?

• a.mann
    Options
    Sorry,but bruh, don't get to pull "the white man is out to get me card"

• D. Morgan
    Options

was he wrong tho.

How so?

Again, not what he said

Who tf you think you're talking to? I can ask any questions i want. You can ? out and not answer them, that ain't my problem tho.

I'm still calling Cosby a ? and ain't ? you can do about it.

793e5e925f6c0d34b9c200f333d9879432c761ee834e22720e15ecfc18e4119d.jpg
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

was he wrong tho.

Question..do you think without the ? allegations but it just coming out how Bill was cheating, taking and giving drugs and havi g out of wedlock kids....don't you think that information alone would have been enough for people to disregard the message and messenger? Its hard to tell people to keep their family lives in order when his was in disarray for so long and people would've pounced all over that level of hypocrisy from him. Its not about being perfect but if you're gonna ask people to uphold certain values to improve the community he should have been actually doing it too.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Keep in mind JUST NBC sold in 2009 to Comcast which purchased a 51% controlling stake in NBC Universal from General Electric (which would retain the remaining 49%) for $6.5 billion in cash.

6.5 billion in CASH and that only got them 51%.

And it was worth a lot less back when Cosby wanted to buy it than it has been in recent years...

It was actually almost worthless in the 80s, Cosby basically saved the station
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bill Cosby is an OG ? ? , who wouldn't even look at you rappity rap ? if you were on fire and would probably ? your dead mother

Stop caping for folks who despise you