Comments

• BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you are an American black

@Aryeh_Tsaddiq
    just accept the fact that you will have Euro ancestors

Funny cause ive been watching that "Find your roots" show that Henry Louis Gates Jr hosts on PBS

and all the AA's that have done the show have at least 10% euro blood

How is that? I was about to start watching it just this weekend.

Its good...very interesting

And gives you perspective on why some people are why they are....its literally in thier blood....passed down.

One episode has diddy as a guest

And both sides of his family line were entrepreneurs(sp?)

So his hustle spirit was passed down

and LL was a guest on that same show

He found out that his gparents arent his bio

And found a whole set of new family....his moms met her bio bros and sisters for the first time it was pretty dope
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I'm Scottish, Irish , German, and French

Really what's the difference? They're all white and yall don't even look different

I am just contributing

My family traces back to a few Dukes and Duchesses in Europe

We have our own tartan too

No need to pay $99

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    All i know is that my family is descended from various islands in the Leeward Islands chain. Do not know anything about my pre-West Indian ancestry, though I assume that I am of West African descent like most other Island folk. May take a DNA test at some point.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Lol at the constant racist ? in here.

Imagine if a white person posts they were going to shoot themselves if they found African DNA in them. Lol the drama.

BTW we all from Eastern Africa.

Get your goofy ass out of here

Is that Chad Cunningham again?

Nah it's some ? from The UK
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is actually interesting, wish I hadn't blown my random ? budget this month
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AyeB_
    AyeB_ Members Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    image.jpg

I took mine about a year ago, I also had my dads side take tests too.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    AyeB_ wrote: »
    image.jpg

So you're a mulatto?
    What is more regions?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    well i am kind of lucky being that i am a Jamaican maroon and feel that i can trace by my lineage back a long way without taking any test in a sense my family also has a personal oral history.

according to family legend only two of my male ancestors lived under slavery before escaping to live in the bush with the other maroons where he married a another escaped woman who was at least part white . His father came from the kawahu people in what is now ghana at the time his father got captured the kawahu were under the Ashanti and there was some kind of beef and politics they tried to break away, my great great great great etc etc got captured and sold and ended up in jamaica.

somewhere along the line someone from my family also married someone who was at least part native that's the legend so i am mostly black and that's good enough for me

Funny how the Maroons trace their origins to Muslims from West Africa (aka Moors) but u hate Muslims and Moors....

Talk about a self hate....uncle tom ass ?

wtf u talking about, Jamaican maroons are not Muslim nor do they come from Muslims . You still mad about being called out for your crackaphilia?
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sending off DNA to a complete stranger only to get a piece of paper back with some ? race results sounds stupid to me, stop obsessing over skin color and live your life.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    image.jpg

I would honestly ? myself if I find out that I have that much cac DNA in me.

Either that or go through my whole life with severe depression.

That's just me though.

I have high hopes that I'm less than 10% European but am hoping that I am 0%.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    well i am kind of lucky being that i am a Jamaican maroon and feel that i can trace by my lineage back a long way without taking any test in a sense my family also has a personal oral history.

according to family legend only two of my male ancestors lived under slavery before escaping to live in the bush with the other maroons where he married a another escaped woman who was at least part white . His father came from the kawahu people in what is now ghana at the time his father got captured the kawahu were under the Ashanti and there was some kind of beef and politics they tried to break away, my great great great great etc etc got captured and sold and ended up in jamaica.

somewhere along the line someone from my family also married someone who was at least part native that's the legend so i am mostly black and that's good enough for me

Funny how the Maroons trace their origins to Muslims from West Africa (aka Moors) but u hate Muslims and Moors....

Talk about a self hate....uncle tom ass ?

wtf u talking about, Jamaican maroons are not Muslim nor do they come from Muslims . You still mad about being called out for your crackaphilia?

Bruh I kno my research....I'm on mobile...when I get back to the house I'll hit u wit them sources ? ?

I'll be waiting lmao

• MistyKnight
    Options
    Sending off DNA to a complete stranger only to get a piece of paper back with some ? race results sounds stupid to me, stop obsessing over skin color and live your life.

b2rnccL.gif

IDK wtf this thread has to do with the bolded... but OK! lol
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    I'm not sure if I should do a live stream of the results or just record my reaction of the results on video.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im good on giving up my dna info to anyone..a while back i told my grandmother i was thinking about this. she said they can tell you anything they want to, and that ? was foolish..i love you grandma
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    image.jpg

That's just me though.

Lmao... you're hilarious.

It's been a pleasure seeing your progression though. I'm proud of you. On everything.

ima hold out on this admixture test for 23 and me instead. Because it tells u things that your predisposed to genetically as well.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    I'm Scottish, Irish , German, and French

Really what's the difference? They're all white and yall don't even look different

I am just contributing

My family traces back to a few Dukes and Duchesses in Europe

We have our own tartan too

No need to pay $99

you dont understand the purpose of the thread. no one gives a ? about your european lineage. dont give a ? about your tartan patterns. lol @ no need to pay 99 bucks, gtfoh with your condescending ass. this thread is not for you
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AyeB_
    Options
    image.jpg

So you're a mulatto?
    What is more regions?

No I'm more than 50% black, so am just black.
  • AyeB_
    Options

It's not ? because I also had my family take tests & the site linked us together w/o knowing that any of us are related.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    image.jpg

That's just me though.

It's been a pleasure seeing your progression though. I'm proud of you. On everything.

ima hold out on this admixture test for 23 and me instead. Because it tells u things that your predisposed to genetically as well.

@Abraxas

I was going to do that one because my husband did it but it costs $199! That's $100 more than Ancestry :o

But thank you! & please pray for me! I really would become emotionally dysregulated if I find out that I have more than 10% of cac DNA in me lol.

I am thinking that I should pre-record my reaction to the results just incase I go ape ? crazy lol
  • Mrs. Me Too
    Mrs. Me Too Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    image.jpg

That's just me though.

@Abraxas

I was going to do that one because my husband did it but it costs $199! That's $100 more than Ancestry :o

But thank you! & please pray for me! I really would become emotionally dysregulated if I find out that I have more than 10% of cac DNA in me lol.

I am thinking that I should pre-record my reaction to the results just incase I go ape ? crazy lol

I hope you 50% European. Obviously you wouldn't ? yourself, you're just full of ? .

It is a little bit ? to hate something so much when you probably don't know any Europeans.
  • Mrs. Me Too
    Mrs. Me Too Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh ? you assume I'm upset. I'm enjoying you flapping about having a bit of whitey in you. :)
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Oh ? you assume I'm upset. I'm enjoying you flapping about having a bit of whitey in you. :)

3678934-5530138757-tumbl.gif