French Montana Believes Kendrick Lamar Is Killing Street Rap

Options

Comments

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol..French needed a publicist or an assistant to pen that answer that for him....lol...Yo, so Kendrick should just sound like everybody else? Dude didn't think to realize that's probably why more people gravitate to Kendrick because he got more than the avg ? that we hear...
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah he is reaching, it's just other artists like Future and Rich homie quan make better ratchet/trap music than him. Even before meek got twitter fingers he was moving units.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are the grammys trying to move rap music in that direction or is kendrick?

Btw french Montana one of the last people I would go to for opinions on how rap "should" be.

So if kendrick don't perform at the grammys, whats the alternative..French dressed in some gold Moroccan silk hoodie struggle rapping in between saying "haaa!"
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But on some real ? tho French buggin. gangsta rap aint goin nowhere ? just don't ? with his ? . Future, Dolph, Jose Guapo still holdin it down nh.
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like street music but not ? french montanas garbage ass. He sounds like he learned english in a bodega or the falafel city
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    French Montana doesn't exist in my world.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First yall ? want "aggressive content"

Now y'all don't?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Now y'all don't?

Not from French

Selectivity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    French had already posed the question “Why isn’t street rap selling like Kendrick?” on the intro to his new tape Wave Gods.

These dudes. Because muthafuckas like this (French's garbage ass included,) are getting deals.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kF4zLNKio&list=PLZYqBBTii9A7YxuZ53BwWqBSMHvsgqBuJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyIBAOIscdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg

What do you think of French’s words? Is the music industry conspiring to get rid of the French Montana’s of the world by promoting Kendrick Lamar?

45373705-368-k590667.jpg
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Fetty is selling though, more so than his counter parts, but I get your point
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Now y'all don't?

If you're a DMX fan you can still ? with Phil Collins.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol but if you check the reason... you would think hip hop going to hell with a Jesus piece on...

if you stay in your lane and people ? with you you will be successful... ? check future... ? check yo gotti....

different lane but check kendrick lamar... j cole... drake...

different lane but check Chris Brown... the weekend...

as long as you making the right moves and people ? with you no matter if your music has substance or not you will get recognized...
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's saying the same thing I was saying about the Grammys

They're as racist as the Oscars PERIOD. We know this because GKMC lost best rap album to Macklemore by a wide margin

They're elevating Kendrick because he mostly spits gibberish but has an "I'm superblack" persona even though he refers to himself as a "proud monkey" and does designer ads.

He's not saying anything revolutionary, his music is actually sedative(example: "Alright"). I think that instead of building, it disperses revolutionary energy tbh

It's mostly white people buying Kendrick's music and I think French knows this
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar don't have a song in his repertoire that's better than "Aint Worried About Nothin"

Man I keep having to restrain myself from flooding some of these threads with my favorite French tracks.

I'm getting tired of reading all the hate dude gets
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Kendrick Lamar don't have a song in his repertoire that's better than "Aint Worried About Nothin"

Man I keep having to restrain myself from flooding some of these threads with my favorite French tracks.

I'm getting tired of reading all the hate dude gets

all you gona do is waste bandwith ?

I also became a Chinx fan after this track
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgTn7IHmPWI
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They're as racist as the Oscars PERIOD. We know this because GKMC lost best rap album to Macklemore by a wide margin

They're elevating Kendrick because he mostly spits gibberish but has an "I'm superblack" persona even though he refers to himself as a "proud monkey" and does designer ads.

He's not saying anything revolutionary, his music is actually sedative(example: "Alright"). I think that instead of building, it disperses revolutionary energy tbh

You can't interpret his words, what he said was pretty clear cut. It's cool u have an opinion, but anyone can see he didn't say that
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    huey wrote: »

You can't interpret his words, what he said was pretty clear cut. It's cool u have an opinion, but anyone can see he didn't say that

He said that the Grammys are currently pushing certain artists like Kendrick right?
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He said that the Grammys are currently pushing certain artists like Kendrick right?

and what did he say after that?
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

and what did he say after that?

That they're trying to shift music more towards Kendrick's sound?