Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Danai Gurira would have been a better choice for this role. She can act and has features similar to Nina Simone

20130718201621!Danai-gurira.jpg
    4e9ca969d4b84fe97bd53e0a7784e0b7.jpg?itok=4KfocFgS
    1361465825nina-simone.jpg

Never heard of her.

Zoe got star power to put people in the seats

She's playing Tupac's mother in the biopic...Mischonne from walking dead

I dont watch zombie shows

She not big enough to headline a major motion picture

Yes she is u bugging she stars in one of the most popular shows on the dam planet

Never seen it

Looks wack
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    She deserves the backlash , she claimed she wasnt black.

She never claimed that...she was on the cover of Ebony magazine a few years black and did an interview talking about being a black woman in DR. She says she's black all the time...with that said there's no way she should've gotten this role. That ? is just terrible casting

the fukk is being black in the DR?
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Lmao

zoe-saldana.jpg?w=640

@du

? looks like a SNL skit

I mean she looks too much not like herself to be playing someone else in a biopic does she? Like that picture doesn't really look like Nina but it doesn't look like Zoe either. On top of the fact that Zoe can't sing and doesn't have any above average performances what does she bring to the table for this role?

Don't say it's to put people in the seats cause she doesn't body any of her roles.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mind as well get mary j blige to play janis joplin, get that bony no ass having ? all the way the ? out of here
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Lmao

zoe-saldana.jpg?w=640

@du

? looks like a SNL skit

I mean she looks too much not like herself to be playing someone else in a biopic does she? Like that picture doesn't really look like Nina but it doesn't look like Zoe either. On top of the fact that Zoe can't sing and doesn't have any above average performances what does she bring to the table for this role?

Don't say it's to put people in the seats cause she doesn't body any of her roles.

All these ? is just ? cuz they have vaginas. There are many other actresses who would have bodied this role. But zoes black so everything's ok. She's average as an actress at best.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. Yeah I can't cosign this. Definitely bad casting
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. Yeah I can't cosign this. Definitely bad casting

Given the numerous examples of great, even oscar worthy performances by guys that look nothing like the person. ..

Why?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Henry Hill

latest?cb=20081130071403

Henry Hill

10396-7534.jpg
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    you can literally go all day pointing out actors that didn't look anything like the person they portrayed.

I still remember mexicans being ? off about J LO being cast as Selena.

If Zoe puts on a great performance people will get over it.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Danai Gurira would have been a better choice for this role. She can act and has features similar to Nina Simone

People keep saying this but what has she done besides Michonne? There is a big difference between having limited screen time on a show where you are the 4th main character (Rick, Daryl, Glen >>>>) and being the main character in a movie with most of the screen time. Outside of looks what makes her suitable for the role? Y'all logic is as shallow as those you criticise.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    man, don cheadle don't look ? like miles davis...

as long as she takes the role serious, and it's a good movie, i can give a ? less who plays her...just do a good job....

DON CHEADLE IS ALSO PRODUCING AND PUTTIN HIS MONEY UP FOR THAT MILES DAVIS PROJECT DOE

yea i know that, but i'm just saying ? gotta chill with that "but they don't look allike"

denzel don't look like malcolm, jamie don't look like ray, angela don't look like tina... but if they take the role serious and study their mannerisms, and realy get into the role the movie can turn out fine....

we ain't even seen one scene yet, and people already dusting shorty...

now if she does a horrible job, that's one thing... but give shorty a chance first.... she been working on this ? for years..i think she's taking it as seriously as she possibly can...

but ? love to complain about ?

They also didn't have to put on a tan, and a prosthetic nose either
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think what this thread and twitter verse is saying is that its ok for darker ? to play lightskin ?
    But not the other way around
    And im fine with that, away with u hellspawns
    Soft girly cant fight ass ?
    And ? ass ? that wont return texts in a timely manner if at all....i hate them
  • D0wn
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    and i still don't get how "looking like" someone is the only reason you should be cast as them.....

Saldana is a meh actress combined with the fact that she kinda acts like Stacy Dash and Ravon Symone's slightly smarter yet still dumb sibling.

This makes Black folks not want her to play a role which depicts her as a woman a strong Black woman's who was not shy about addressing the struggle of Blacks during her heyday.

Kinda like getting Kevin Hart to portray Michael Jordan in a movie that ain't his lane nor would it work.

why not give her a chance at it though..

i mean listen to her.....either she really cares about this ? .....or she's a better actress than yall giving her credit for....cuz i was feeling the passion in this interview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxrzq_zidRM

#givezoeachance

Damn bruh, im about to give an interview on why i should play Barack Obama, feel my passion bruh
    #GiveMeAChance
  • VulcanRaven
    edited March 2016
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I think what this thread and twitter verse is saying is that its ok for darker ? to play lightskin ?

Curry>>>>>>>>Bron, Harden and Durrant combined. You mad?
  • D0wn
    Options

Jordan, Magic, Zeke, Shaq, Kobe, Garnett>>>>>>>>>>
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Jordan, Magic, Zeke, Shaq, Kobe, Garnett>>>>>>>>>>

We talking today b lol. Anyway we all kniw U-? was the best outta the Wu abd top 5 all time before the solo.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What kind of ? ? is this.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

People keep saying this but what has she done besides Michonne? There is a big difference between having limited screen time on a show where you are the 4th main character (Rick, Daryl, Glen >>>>) and being the main character in a movie with most of the screen time. Outside of looks what makes her suitable for the role? Y'all logic is as shallow as those you criticise.

she's been acting since 2004. michonne is her breakout role but she's experienced. her never being in a lead role is a wack excuse for her not to be considered. it literally can be said about every main actor and actress before they were given a chance to carry a movie

Zoe herself is a serviceable actress, but her performances has never blown me away. so questioning whether or not she can play an icon such as Nina Simone is fair

we will see
  • VulcanRaven
    edited March 2016
    Options

she's been acting since 2004. michonne is her breakout role but she's experienced. her never being in a lead role is a wack excuse for her not to be considered. it literally can be said about every main actor and actress before they were given a chance to carry a movie

Zoe herself is a serviceable actress, but her performances has never blown me away. so questioning whether or not she can play an icon such as Nina Simone is fair

we will see

Did she audition and was turned down? People saying she should be casted just because of her looks is wack when she didn't even audition. I am just pointing out the lack of logic with people just randomly dropping her name as if she would ? this role based on looks alone. As I said before IDGAF but naming Michonne has no weight behind it.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

If you found something ? in a joke/sarcasm about a basketball player being better than 3 other players than you got deeper issues.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

If you found something ? in a joke/sarcasm about a basketball player being better than 3 other players than you got deeper issues.

You said he's better because he's light skin

That's ? as ?