The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I have no idea what he walks around at but fought at 170 when he normally fights at 145.

He was whooping Nate's ass and gassed. Who knows why. Lack of training, nerves, who knows. Nate won tho, he showed some real heart and showed the kind of composure you get from being battle tested.

I like the Diaz boys. I don't know what it's like where you guys are from but their fans are the worst here.

Alot of those cats pack them selves down to 145 and walk around 160ish soo it can be deceiving
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McGregors talked sooooo much ? I think people are forgetting he fought up a weight class. I don't think his stock drops THAT much at 145.

That being said, I think Frankie snuffs him.

People bringing up the weight was just an excuse. McGregor fought at Featherweight and Lightweight before coming to the UFC while Diaz has always fought at Lightweight and Welterweight but always had his best success at Lightweight and looked tiny against the likes of Stun Gun, MacDonald, etc. when he did fight at Welterweight.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not making excuses for McGregor. He gassed horribly in less than two rounds in a fight where size didn't really come into play. I'm just saying from a 145 pound weight class stand point he didn't loose much stock.

Chad Mendes on a full fight camp could probably beat him.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt see Mcgregor gas but I saw him get rocked, hurt whatever you wanna call it. He was playing with Diaz treating him like a lil bro up till the point he got caught.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2:24 Round 2 was the beginning of the end
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won $2,000 thanks to nate diaz. This fight was too much of a risk for conor.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    This ace stream ? just changed the ? game bruh...............

?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all think Tate will put up a good fight?

Haha put up a good fight this fight is tailor made for her to possibly win

Tate won't go in bull headed like rousey tate can actually strike she can seize an take down through it unlike ronda who just tried take a hit to get one

If hold doesn't demolish tate I think miesha going to take it

What the ? did i say
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no idea what he walks around at but fought at 170 when he normally fights at 145.

He was whooping Nate's ass and gassed. Who knows why. Lack of training, nerves, who knows. Nate won tho, he showed some real heart and showed the kind of composure you get from being battle tested.

I like the Diaz boys. I don't know what it's like where you guys are from but their fans are the worst here.

Alot of those cats pack them selves down to 145 and walk around 160ish soo it can be deceiving

Remeber rumble was doing that ? going from 200+ to 170 smh
  • Desai
    Desai Members Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Options
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Conor went thru a full camp and didn't weight cut at the end because of the Dos Anjos debacle, last minute decision to go with Diaz who fights at 155 but had no camp.

So basically they were both fighting around their walk around weights. Conor typically looks like death at the 145 weigh ins because of the amount he cuts. He looked way healthier at the weigh in this time around.

Conor blew himself out chasing that 1st KO he was predicting. His bounce around movement wasn't there in the 2nd, head movement slowed down, and once he got tagged with 1 of them discombobulating Diaz combos wasn't no coming back. Even if that sub didn't happen when it did it would have gotten worse for then on out. Once opponents start getting timed and their heads bounced around by them volume combos they get even slower, and go spiraling down the drain on Bambi legs with battered faces. It was the worse style match up for Conor because both Diaz brothers have granite chins.

After he open hand/Stockton slapped Conor and threw his hands up Conor had that look like "? it's happening to ME???". Conor mentally broke. That sub saved him further embarrassment. From a health standpoint he'd be better off fighting at 155 where he'd be top 3, possibly champion, but not unstoppable with other guys cutting down from ~180. If anything this fight will actually better prepare him to fight Edgar by calming him down to stop chasing the KO. If he fought this same fight against Edgar, Edgar would have a better chance than most others at 145 because his chin is iron like the Diaz brothers and a volume striker. Ironically, I think this fight will likely turn him into more of an Aldo fighter.....the one who used to chase the highlight reel KO but after becoming the champion learned to point fight while still having a deadly striking arsenal that you'll see from time to time if the opening arises.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't that how the Diaz bros. always win fights though. They absorb damage until the opponent has nothing left to give or gets lazy, and then they capitalize.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't that how the Diaz bros. always win fights though. They absorb damage until the opponent has nothing left to give or gets lazy, and then they capitalize.

The amount of damage the Diaz bros. absorb is kind of misleading because they show damage so easily in the form of cuts and bruising. Whereas I don't think I've ever seen a bruise or a cut on Anderson Silva.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    The Corner Podcast: Dana White is Losing His Mind Because McGregor and Holm Got Choked Out
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So pretty much tate did danas ? work for rhonda to get the title back lol i feel bad for.holms
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen so many leprachauns at Home Depot buying ladders and rope today
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

They both have legit chins. I don't know how they do it but sometimes their opponent doesn't gas and still just make guys look like ? .
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

They both have legit chins. I don't know how they do it but sometimes their opponent doesn't gas and still just make guys look like ? .

Low power headshot combinations in volume while using their range and length to stay out of their opponents range (or at the end of strikes that do land).

They will land 3+ shot combos and stun their opponent.

By the time the opponent becomes halfway cognitive again, they've landed another combo which sets them further back....the cycle repeats. Head movement gets slower, timing gets easier, setting up landing easier and cleaner....their opponents go on auto pilot and down the drain...like the Cerrone fight.

Once they start landing a few combinations it's usually all down hill until they end up on the ground getting subbed. Couldn't pull that off with RDA or Ben Henderson though.

Both RDA and Henderson IMMEDIATEDLY took Nates legs away which negated his ability to lean forward for those combos or slip back to avoid damage as easily as he usually gets away with. They knew how to game plan against Diaz. Conor chased the head shot knock out without first negating Nates offensive movement base (legs). If Conor spent round 1 taking out Nates legs (instead of trying to fulfilled that Mystic Mac rd 1 KO promise), he probably would have set up the TKO for later.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

Low power headshot combinations in volume while using their range and length to stay out of their opponents range (or at the end of strikes that do land).

They will land 3+ shot combos and stun their opponent.

By the time the opponent becomes halfway cognitive again, they've landed another combo which sets them further back....the cycle repeats. Head movement gets slower, timing gets easier, setting up landing easier and cleaner....their opponents go on auto pilot and down the drain...like the Cerrone fight.

Once they start landing a few combinations it's usually all down hill until they end up on the ground getting subbed. Couldn't pull that off with RDA or Ben Henderson though.

Both RDA and Henderson IMMEDIATEDLY took Nates legs away which negated his ability to lean forward for those combos or slip back to avoid damage as easily as he usually gets away with. They knew how to game plan against Diaz. Conor chased the head shot knock out without first negating Nates offensive movement base (legs)

Facts. ? facts. Conor was an idiot for trying to solely outbox Nate Diaz. Even when he was beating Diaz, Diaz was slowly landing and accumulating shots from rd 1 to the finish with his step back hooks and step in jabs. All Conor simply had to do and had the tools to was using leg kicks. ? leg kicks. That was the only round Cerrone beat Nate in after getting killed in the first two.

It's whatever. Hopefully he learns from this.
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    Lol this ?
  • Desai
    Desai Members Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Options
    The latest Jose message...
    @FrankieEdgar I heard you were asking for a title shot. I respect you as a fighter, but let's check the facts: you lost twice to Ben Henderson before coming to the 145 division and geting a title shot against me without having fought once in the featherweight division. We had a great fight, but everybody knows the result. You can't come here now and cut the line, you have to wait because you don't have any right to ask for a title shot yet. McGregor: instead of running up to a different weight division and talking ? about me, you could make your time valuable and go to a real gym to learn real jiu-jitsu. I'll be ready for you at UFC 200, so we can leave no doubt.
    @lorenzofertitta @danawhiteufc @seanshelby #revancheufc200 #reebokclassics #vitafornutrientes #reebokbrasil

trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers...
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    After the fight frankie was pretty much begging along with jay blazer for a title shot even when dana sat down frankie was like i want one lol dana just said he keep him in mind
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great win from Diaz and it shows Mcgregor has a massive size advantage against the featherweights. Excellent fight overall. Still not sure why Mcgregor went for a takedown. Real happy for Meisha's win too.She deserves the win.