Ayesha Curry Vs. Thots Pt. 2

Options

Comments

• LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    how did i know that the wife of satan would make an appearance in this thread

I have no dealings with that woman
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Ita a fair assessment. If someone tells you or acts like there is only one way to behave and act to be worthy of respect then you would be offended too.

The problem is here is she isn't doing the judging. She is being pointed out as a standard and folks reject that standard. Ain't ? wrong with that. Yall complain if you think a ? should only dress and behave a certain way to be worthy of respect.

Yep

It’s intertwined with the politics of respectability

Her persona is being used as another opportunity for the basement dwellers to attack any woman who isn’t buttoned up, any woman who has an overtly sexy image, and any woman who doesn’t meet the measurement for “wifeability" or better yet respect gets the “we need more women like Ayesha”

Which is obviously problematic

And it is dangerous for the women who are being attacked for not “living up” to an ideal I'm sure they never declared any allegiance to in the first place

Now she is catching some of the blow back

Her initial tweets that started this whole thing about being covered up were a lil problematic as well, so she isn't exactly innocent. In a roundabout way she insinuated that women who dress a certain way are doing it for the wrong reasons, as if women don't have other reasons besides the male gaze to prefer a certain style of clothing

It's unfortunate, but she'll survive

honest question why do women wear things like thong bikinis... short shorts... and high cut skirts... for other than male attention.

Lol

Women, like men, often dress according to fashion. So maybe she may just want to be trendy and stylish

We love our bodies. And like the way it makes our bodies look

Or maybe because it's hot

For the sake of knowing most other women you know wouldn't be able to pull the same outfit off

Not as if there is anything wrong with a heterosexual woman seeking male attention- feeling desirable and attractive feels good

There are other ways to gain a man's attention. What we choose to wear is just one way

Same as when a man dresses a certain way, or puts on cologne, or buys a particular car to attract women

If me simply wearing a thong bikini provokes a man into groping me or calling me out my name that is out of my control and should reflect poorly upon him

All this talk of what should be considered respectable is just another way to police and govern over anyone who doesn't adhere to the traditional values of white, Christian, hetero men
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ita a fair assessment. If someone tells you or acts like there is only one way to behave and act to be worthy of respect then you would be offended too.

The problem is here is she isn't doing the judging. She is being pointed out as a standard and folks reject that standard. Ain't ? wrong with that. Yall complain if you think a ? should only dress and behave a certain way to be worthy of respect.

Yep

Her persona is being used as another opportunity for the basement dwellers to attack any woman who isn’t buttoned up, any woman who has an overtly sexy image, and any woman who doesn’t meet the measurement for “wifeability" or better yet respect gets the “we need more women like Ayesha”

And it is dangerous for the women who are being attacked for not “living up” to an ideal I'm sure they never declared any allegiance to in the first place

Her initial tweets that started this whole thing about being covered up were a lil problematic as well, so she isn't exactly innocent. In a roundabout way she insinuated that women who dress a certain way are doing it for the wrong reasons, as if women don't have other reasons besides the male gaze to prefer a certain style of clothing

honest question why do women wear things like thong bikinis... short shorts... and high cut skirts... for other than male attention.

Lol

Women, like men, often dress according to fashion. So maybe she may just want to be trendy and stylish

For the sake of knowing most other women you know wouldn't be able to pull the same outfit off

Not as if there is anything wrong with a heterosexual woman seeking male attention- feeling desirable and attractive feels good

There are other ways to gain a man's attention. What we choose to wear is just one way

Same as when a man dresses a certain way, or puts on cologne, or buys a particular car to attract women

If me simply wearing a thong bikini provokes a man into groping me or calling me out my name that is out of my control and should reflect poorly upon him

All this talk of what should be considered respectable is just another way to police and govern over anyone who doesn't adhere to the traditional values of white, Christian, hetero men

but you can be trendy and stylish without wearing short shorts or a thong bikini...

btw the last part has nothing to do with white... Christian hetero men... in pretty much all cultures the less the woman wears the less respect she gets from men.. not saying its right but its the truth..

also outside of the "its hot" argument every point you said for reasons women wear clothes like that.. point to getting attention... but you cant dress like that and want attention but get mad at the attention you get...
  • desertrain10
    Options

Yep

Lol

but you can be trendy and stylish without wearing short shorts or a thong bikini...

btw the last part has nothing to do with white... Christian hetero men... in pretty much all cultures the less the woman wears the less respect she gets from men.. not saying its right but its the truth..

also outside of the "its hot" argument every point you said for reasons women wear clothes like that.. point to getting attention... but you cant dress like that and want attention but get mad at the attention you get...

Attention is one thing, but disrespect is another

And in many cultures around the world the women walk around basically nude

Go to some remote villages in Africa, the women are basically nude

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep

Lol

This is not Africa and i think people have had enough you sick perverted feminist trying to change the culture to suit your whims
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    The females hating and bashing Mrs. Curry are the counterparts to the dudes hating and bashing Russell & Ciara

That doesn't make ANY sense

Hopefully you realize that so I don't have to explain

You can waste your time all you want getting into the (inconsequential) "particulars"
    but the the dudes out here ridiculing and scrutinizing Russell & Ciara's union are essentially no different from the females who are ridiculing and scrutinizing Ayesha Curry

The fact is you have black people doing something positive that are getting negative feedback by other black people......who are trying to justify that negative feedback

Once again, you aren't making sense and the situations are completely different

Ciara is a bird with baggage from Atlanta that lucked up on a guy WAY OUT OF HER LEAGUE. She's forcing her own personal baggage onto a man who is LITERALLY too good for her.

She has future Hall of Famer Russell Wilson playing daddy to another man's kid bringing both of them in front of cameras, all while she's not even ? him. That's not "trying to do the right thing", that's hitting a ? lick, use your brain

Steph Curry's wife seems like she's of a MUCH higher caliber than SuperFuture's baby momma Ciara, a female who hops from celebrity male to celebrity male based on how poppin' they are at the time

Ciara chased (? ? )50 Cent around for YEARS while that ? was making fun of her to other people. She's a fame-hungry attention ?

But females with baggage love her because she represents the fantasy/goal for females with baggage: make bad decisions and then get a high quality male to help them carry the burden of those bad decisions, which is very unfair to the male involved(Russell Wilson)

Ayesha Curry >>>>>>>>>>Baggage-having bird Ciara

Should I keep going?

Didn't somebody say in the Ciara/Russell thread that nobody was saying the bold? That's some sad ? ...
  • desertrain10
    edited April 2016
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Yep

That's not her fault though. She didn't say that, other people put that image of being the standard onto her. People coming at her personally for some ? she didn't do, say, or ask for. That's why people say those who got negative things to say are projecting their own insecurities onto a person who don't got ? to do with how they feel. If somebody simply living their life can make you not like them, you're the problem.

Her initial tweets weren't even that bad, people just made more of them than what they were on some hit dog will holler ? . People want her to be the stereotype of an athlete's wife so bad and the fact that she's not ? some people off.

Yes, she doesn't deserve a lot of the personal attacks

But if we are being honest, while her comments were not atypical of many Christian women, they were really unnecessary

They were also self congratulating and judgemental

The type that usually invoke a strong reaction, one way or another
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep

That's not her fault though. She didn't say that, other people put that image of being the standard onto her. People coming at her personally for some ? she didn't do, say, or ask for. That's why people say those who got negative things to say are projecting their own insecurities onto a person who don't got ? to do with how they feel. If somebody simply living their life can make you not like them, you're the problem.

Her initial tweets weren't even that bad, people just made more of them than what they were on some hit dog will holler ? . People want her to be the stereotype of an athlete's wife so bad and the fact that she's not ? some people off.

Yes, she doesn't deserve a lot of the negative attention

She just got caught in the crossfire

And if we are being honest, while her comments were not atypical of many Christian women, they were really unnecessary

The type that usually invoke a strong reaction

U are a female right?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The females hating and bashing Mrs. Curry are the counterparts to the dudes hating and bashing Russell & Ciara

That doesn't make ANY sense

Hopefully you realize that so I don't have to explain

You can waste your time all you want getting into the (inconsequential) "particulars"
    but the the dudes out here ridiculing and scrutinizing Russell & Ciara's union are essentially no different from the females who are ridiculing and scrutinizing Ayesha Curry

The fact is you have black people doing something positive that are getting negative feedback by other black people......who are trying to justify that negative feedback

Once again, you aren't making sense and the situations are completely different

Ciara is a bird with baggage from Atlanta that lucked up on a guy WAY OUT OF HER LEAGUE. She's forcing her own personal baggage onto a man who is LITERALLY too good for her.

She has future Hall of Famer Russell Wilson playing daddy to another man's kid bringing both of them in front of cameras, all while she's not even ? him. That's not "trying to do the right thing", that's hitting a ? lick, use your brain

Steph Curry's wife seems like she's of a MUCH higher caliber than SuperFuture's baby momma Ciara, a female who hops from celebrity male to celebrity male based on how poppin' they are at the time

Ciara chased (? ? )50 Cent around for YEARS while that ? was making fun of her to other people. She's a fame-hungry attention ?

But females with baggage love her because she represents the fantasy/goal for females with baggage: make bad decisions and then get a high quality male to help them carry the burden of those bad decisions, which is very unfair to the male involved(Russell Wilson)

Ayesha Curry >>>>>>>>>>Baggage-having bird Ciara

Should I keep going?

Didn't somebody say in the Ciara/Russell thread that nobody was saying the bold? That's some sad ? ...

It's taken all of my restraint to dodge that Russell Wilson engagement thread but you ? keep bumping it lol

I haven't even clicked on it yet because I know that if I do click on that thread I'm gonna explode it
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Hating hoes ain't happy
    And happy hoes ain't hatin'
    Better check the situation"

Lol @ analyzing the thought processes and opinions of a ? . ? 's on twitter at that. I ain't met one ? satisfied with her own ? that hate on ol' girl.

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    ? that ?
    I hope she poisons that light skinned ?
    I hope riley hair fall out
    ? them as a family, unit, group of people, TEAM
    ? em

[All that hate meanwhile The Curry household is
    bis8lh_zps7r4wauqu.gif

I've been waiting to see that Willie Dynamite gif

Always on deck when needed brotha man lol
  • desertrain10
    Options

Yep

Lol

its only "disrespect" if the woman is not feeling the dude that is giving her that attention... because if she feeling said dude he can hug her and grab her ass and guess what she wont care.. but let a dude she dont like say "damn you thick" he "thirsty" and "disrespectful"

Lol

No matter how you wanna spin it

Name calling, groping without permission in most cases is generally considered rude and disrespectful

That's why these behaviors tend to be reserved for "thots", a.k.a. women who are engaging in what one would consider largely undesirable behavior
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep

But if we are being honest, while her comments were not atypical of many Christian women, they were really unnecessary

No the ? they were not
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep

Lol

Yea...I remember the last time a chick's Vera ? perfume and Honda Civic made me wanna ? .
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Yep

in the words of Rev. Run... "dress like you want to be addressed"
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Yep

Lol

its only "disrespect" if the woman is not feeling the dude that is giving her that attention... because if she feeling said dude he can hug her and grab her ass and guess what she wont care.. but let a dude she dont like say "damn you thick" he "thirsty" and "disrespectful"

Lol

No matter how you wanna spin it

Name calling, groping without permission in most cases is generally considered rude and disrespectful

That's why these behaviors tend to be reserved for "thots", a.k.a. women who are engaging in what one would consider largely undesirable behavior

thats why if you dont want that particular type of attention not to act... or dress like that..