The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Drake becoming more influenced by Rihanna and the west indian/UK culture.....

Can't even hate...

This album will be another hit but I don't think core Drake stans gonna like it...

Since Hotline Bling this ? been feeling like a yardie

I think Drake is trying to transition into an entertainer not solely a rapper. No diss but rap is so limiting. Even the concept of rapping isn't exclusive to Hip-Hop anymore. Kinda like how the electric guitar and saxophone aren't just exclusive to jazz today.

It's better this way because he can go beyond being a rapper and transition into bigger and better things. Singers/entertainers (or pop stars) sell way more than rap and get better opportunities too. Nelly, MC Hammer never made it beyond what they were because they all tried to go back to rapping when ppl criticised them. Hip-Hop is pop culture now, you can't be the fave of rap because there's already too many. But you can be the face of a new sound and style.

If you want to be the greatest you have to go beyond what your predecessors built and expand upon that in a way that distinguishes you.

The moment Drake takes that second step out of the realm of Hip-Hop, his paper-thin 'cool' factor will dissipate and he will begin to see fractures in his career. It's already become evident from his fickle fans on this drop; look at the twitter trend.

He is not going to be able to do what you think he is because Hip-Hop, as bastardized as it has become, is still considered a relatively niche 'cool' community with elements of it being ? for pop / commercial gain.
  • Trilliam H. Impala
    Trilliam H. Impala Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Options
    :bawling: @ The GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd charging Drizzy Vanilli aka Queen Aubrey & Her Woes of The Writers Block Tent City aka Do Rogue And Kopy Everything aka Kirby aka 6 Gawd @ least 6 figures for a less than 6 secs verse

:bawling: @ ? Peasant aka Pissy Elliott aka ? Stain Papi aka Ludapiss aka Goldenshowerface Killah aka Pissy Smalls the Notorious D.E.P.E.N.D.S. gettin the Takeover treatment on some "? y'all ? " ?

:bawling: @ ? & The Ghostwriting Gang aka KikeRS One aka ? Moist Dee aka ? Dracula aka Jewpac Shakike aka LL Corn J tappin in2 his Casper Ink (ghostwriter) slush fund to shell out for the GOAT stimulus package 16 from the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd & gettin a verse shorter than V Nasty's Leprechaunic reign on top

:bawling : @ Canada Dry Drizzy aka Aubrina The Teenage Snitch aka Aubrey Herpburn aka Aubrey Onassis the First Lady of Fuckniggaville, North America thinking he was getting the new Bentley Coupe of 16's & waking up with couple hunnid G's missing out his purse & a '96 Altima wit alternator issues in the garage courtesy of the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd

:bawling: @ the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd not finding a single ? 2 give bout this verse & still bodying both Drizzy Vanilli & Kimye Kartrashian aka Bruce Bruce Jenner aka Throb Kardashian aka Sticky ? -Fingaz aka Kangay Zest aka Prostate Monche aka Yawnye Zzzest aka Koonye West with 2 bars

Young! :bawling:
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hotline bling was recorded before meek Aired him out... So technically drake hasn't had a good song since he got exposed .

Back to back?
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Hotline bling was recorded before meek Aired him out... So technically drake hasn't had a good song since he got exposed .

Back to back?

back to back was kinda in the middle of it all. meek had tweeted (no surprise there) but he hadn't dropped his weakass diss yet, and I don't think the QM recordings had leaked yet
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    :bawling: @ The GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd charging Drizzy Vanilli aka Queen Aubrey & Her Woes of The Writers Block Tent City aka Do Rogue And Kopy Everything aka Kirby aka 6 Gawd @ least 6 figures for a less than 6 secs verse

:bawling: @ ? Peasant aka Pissy Elliott aka ? Stain Papi aka Ludapiss aka Goldenshowerface Killah aka Pissy Smalls the Notorious D.E.P.E.N.D.S. gettin the Takeover treatment on some "? y'all ? " ?

:bawling: @ ? & The Ghostwriting Gang aka KikeRS One aka ? Moist Dee aka ? Dracula aka Jewpac Shakike aka LL Corn J tappin in2 his Casper Ink (ghostwriter) slush fund to shell out for the GOAT stimulus package 16 from the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd & gettin a verse shorter than V Nasty's Leprechaunic reign on top

:bawling : @ Canada Dry Drizzy aka Aubrina The Teenage Snitch aka Aubrey Herpburn aka Aubrey Onassis the First Lady of Fuckniggaville, North America thinking he was getting the new Bentley Coupe of 16's & waking up with couple hunnid G's missing out his purse & a '96 Altima wit alternator issues in the garage courtesy of the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd

:bawling: @ the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd not finding a single ? 2 give bout this verse & still bodying both Drizzy Vanilli & Kimye Kartrashian aka Bruce Bruce Jenner aka Throb Kardashian aka Sticky ? -Fingaz aka Kangay Zest aka Prostate Monche aka Yawnye Zzzest aka Koonye West with 2 bars

Young! :bawling:

This ? got my stomach hurtin :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wondering if that one dance will be like a U.K. Bonus trk
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That song he released with Jay and Ye is garbage. Except for Ye's verse
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall dont know how long ive been marking down the days on my calendar to the day i can finally start saying i've never listened to the album.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Drake becoming more influenced by Rihanna and the west indian/UK culture.....

Can't even hate...

This album will be another hit but I don't think core Drake stans gonna like it...

Since Hotline Bling this ? been feeling like a yardie

I think Drake is trying to transition into an entertainer not solely a rapper. No diss but rap is so limiting. Even the concept of rapping isn't exclusive to Hip-Hop anymore. Kinda like how the electric guitar and saxophone aren't just exclusive to jazz today.

It's better this way because he can go beyond being a rapper and transition into bigger and better things. Singers/entertainers (or pop stars) sell way more than rap and get better opportunities too. Nelly, MC Hammer never made it beyond what they were because they all tried to go back to rapping when ppl criticised them. Hip-Hop is pop culture now, you can't be the fave of rap because there's already too many. But you can be the face of a new sound and style.

If you want to be the greatest you have to go beyond what your predecessors built and expand upon that in a way that distinguishes you.

The moment Drake takes that second step out of the realm of Hip-Hop, his paper-thin 'cool' factor will dissipate and he will begin to see fractures in his career. It's already become evident from his fickle fans on this drop; look at the twitter trend.

He is not going to be able to do what you think he is because Hip-Hop, as bastardized as it has become, is still considered a relatively niche 'cool' community with elements of it being ? for pop / commercial gain.

No it's not. When you have social media and people (who aren't black) on the street dapping each other, talking and dressing like us no way can one say Hip-Hop is bastardized and niche. Especially when Rick Ross can get exposed and sell even more records and make more money. Hip-Hop is the dominate culture of music now.

He won't he's too ingrained in rap because he started there. Kanye deviated a long time ago and for the same reason is why he still has a career in rap. Drake's labelled as a rapper first and then everything else. Rap is pop culture now so he doesn't have to worry about that. He just has to make music that's not too far off into pop and still has elements of rap in it. One Dance, Work, Hold On We're Going Home, My Side, those are pop songs but dominate the rap charts. Think about that. He can make a record like that and then so easily do a Pound Cake, 0-100 and watch it get flipped by 90-something rappers. Weeknd, Bryson Tiller, Trey Songz (not so much Trey), etc. all these guys are apart of that new wave of Hip-Hop who rap and sing.

Rap is going to go out like Rock & Roll fam, any of yall remember the 90s when Grunge, punk and Alternative rock took over the airwaves ? What happened to all those artists....

Cats been rapping and singing since the days of kurtis blow ? ain't no new trend smh this is why people need to do their hiphop history,
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*daps

I grew up with kyla, she lives pretty much opposite me.

I should ask her if she's making any bread off this.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

*daps

I grew up with kyla, she lives pretty much opposite me.

I should ask her if she's making any bread off this.

Yea bruh, she credited as a feature on Drakes version.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One dance I like. Pop styles is meh

cs remind me of IYRTITL which I think is his worst album
  • Bcotton5
    Options

i can shake my hips to this
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Lame ass Drake stans^^^

not as lame ass cudi stans tho
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    Lame ass Drake stans^^^

Can you show the Cudi stans on Drskes social media?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    Lame ass Drake stans^^^

Can you show the Cudi stans on Drskes social media?

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Young Angel, young lion, drizzy, do right and ? everything, Aubrey, etc. Etc.

Young lion is wayne
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Young Angel, young lion, drizzy, do right and ? everything, Aubrey, etc. Etc.

Young lion is wayne

"My dreads hang to let him know that I'm lion"- Lil Wayne