Options

Comments

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    He the best alive right now

No you could argue he is the most popular, maybe the most successful at the moment too, nobody can deny the kid has charisma, but the best alive? Nah, you have to write your own rhymes and come up with your own flows for that.

Drake's success is due in part from 40 (crafting the so called Toronto sound), Wayne/YMCMB (got up with Wayne at the peak of the Wayne/YMCMB wave) and his ability to see whats hot and how to capitalize off of it (he's a Jew).

I say that, and I'm a fan of the boy.

Yall hate Drake for "captalizing on whats hot" like Every rapper wasnt on the reggae/reggaetone wave from 2002-2004. Reggae is Part of canadian hip hop/black culture forever. Thats nothing new, just an ignorant statement.

Number 2, Jay-Z. Whether it be best of Both Worlds, Linkin Park, H to the Izzo, Ha remix, and etc. Jay been doing that his whole career.

Jay writes his rhymes

http://youtu.be/u5Ir4zatMI0
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

No you could argue he is the most popular, maybe the most successful at the moment too, nobody can deny the kid has charisma, but the best alive? Nah, you have to write your own rhymes and come up with your own flows for that.

Drake's success is due in part from 40 (crafting the so called Toronto sound), Wayne/YMCMB (got up with Wayne at the peak of the Wayne/YMCMB wave) and his ability to see whats hot and how to capitalize off of it (he's a Jew).

Yall hate Drake for "captalizing on whats hot" like Every rapper wasnt on the reggae/reggaetone wave from 2002-2004. Reggae is Part of canadian hip hop/black culture forever. Thats nothing new, just an ignorant statement.

Number 2, Jay-Z. Whether it be best of Both Worlds, Linkin Park, H to the Izzo, Ha remix, and etc. Jay been doing that his whole career.

Jay writes his rhymes

Writes it Without a pen or pad ,? comparing the ? MC to Drake is ridiculous to even begin .Jay Z has classic albums Drake has none.

Thats a reach. I was simply comparing one thing I saw people hating Drake for as a rapper that Jay-Z does as a rapper. Nothing more.

Classic album(s) is to each their own. "Take Care" is considered a classic album to alot of people. Some may even say "So Far Gone" was a classic "project". In b4 "only to stans". I'm sure every artist has those too
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake doesn't have a "classic" HipHop album..

And I don't even consider him a thoroughbred rapper in the traditional sense. 70% of the time on his music he's a crooner or a singer.. .
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Jay writes his rhymes

Writes it Without a pen or pad ,? comparing the ? MC to Drake is ridiculous to even begin .Jay Z has classic albums Drake has none.

Thats a reach. I was simply comparing one thing I saw people hating Drake for as a rapper that Jay-Z does as a rapper. Nothing more.

Classic album(s) is to each their own. "Take Care" is considered a classic album to alot of people. Some may even say "So Far Gone" was a classic "project". In b4 "only to stans". I'm sure every artist has those too

Lol nobody calls take care classic. ? outta here. So far gone is the closest thing he had to a classic body of work
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Drake not even the best outa his peers lol best rapper alive wtf
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take Care and So Far Gone both classics
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Take Care and So Far Gone both classics

This is what I think of when I hear Take Care's eponymous track >_>

https://youtu.be/AyWoF6fwnpQ
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake has So Far Gone......that's it
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick the best rapper in this current class of MC's, hands down. Best rapper alive is too broad a term to place one person in. It's kind of sad though because in the 90s you had many rappers that could be argued as the best. Now there's only a few.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake has classics now. You ? got jokes
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

Says the ? who thinks YEEZUS IS A CLASSIC
    Dead ass serious
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    charles2 wrote: »
    Kendrick the best rapper in this current class of MC's, hands down. Best rapper alive is too broad a term to place one person in. It's kind of sad though because in the 90s you had many rappers that could be argued as the best. Now there's only a few.

Krit>>>k.dot

All day ? day. Compare the the catologs.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    Options

Krit>>>k.dot

All day ? day. Compare the the catologs.

Either way it ain't drake...and i like drake
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Says the ? who thinks YEEZUS IS A CLASSIC

Have never said Yeezus is a classic. Just thought it was a good album. He's first 5 are classics imo.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

Krit>>>k.dot

Krit aint even better than Drake
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still feelings.

image.gif.2bf579eac50787a41a52994681a14ac2.gif
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

Krit>>>k.dot

Stop that
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    As a technical rapper Kendrick is better...I listen to Krits music far more than Kendrick though.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint none of them new ? better than Drake
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kdot with niki minaj voices no no no
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

Krit>>>k.dot

Live from the underground>Any Drake album