The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    jxnd1vt7z6u3.jpeg

I actually disagree, ain´t even been to Canada, but sounds like the music that they´re feeling and trying to capture the music scene over there and blow it up on a bigger platform was most likely the purpose behind this project..

That would be all fine and good, except he's been doing the same thing for the last 7 years now. How many more times I gotta hear about this ? corny ass love life? Or his ? up friends. Don't this dude got other ? on his mind?

I don´t see how that is accurate, I´d see more of a point if you said that the album is heavily influenced by the dancehall scene, this isn´t even one of his most personal albums yeah there is a few cuts where there are references but that is only natural, so I can´t see where you´re coming from.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This a 20 part mega track about some ex drake is still hurt from.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I don't see any of his fans not liking his album y'all just be saying anything j agree with letting rap fans down cuz all he did just stayed to his lane. Actually this is basically take care 2 just its not as emotional just the singing and melody of it it's take carish

But on take care there are a couple tracks dude flexes his lyrical ability like. No track on here touches Lord Knows or even underground kings. The one real rap track Weston rap flow ain't even that good. It's just no rapping on here so people are liking this one because it's the only time he really spits
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I don't see any of his fans not liking his album y'all just be saying anything j agree with letting rap fans down cuz all he did just stayed to his lane. Actually this is basically take care 2 just its not as emotional just the singing and melody of it it's take carish

Go to the #ViewsFromThe6 hash on twitter right now, then reassess this.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is not r&b guys
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    jxnd1vt7z6u3.jpeg

I actually disagree, ain´t even been to Canada, but sounds like the music that they´re feeling and trying to capture the music scene over there and blow it up on a bigger platform was most likely the purpose behind this project..

That would be all fine and good, except he's been doing the same thing for the last 7 years now. How many more times I gotta hear about this ? corny ass love life? Or his ? up friends. Don't this dude got other ? on his mind?

I don´t see how that is accurate, I´d see more of a point if you said that the album is heavily influenced by the dancehall scene, this isn´t even one of his most personal albums yeah there is a few cuts where there are references but that is only natural, so I can´t see where you´re coming from.

Oh my mistake, when he wasn't talking about what you bolded he was on his usual full of himself/half baked lines & weak singing. Dude is a talent I won't front on that but this album is exactly what I expected. Boring as ? & the same formula as the other ones. I don't even ? with Future like that but What A Time to Be Alive kinda gave me a glimmer of hope that he was serious on the mic. I was mistaken.

Overall it was a waste of time. I've said it before he has all the potential in the world to drop a all around dope album. He keeps catering to his demo cuz they the ones who buy the albums. I'm ready to face facts that the person reflects the artist. If you got a shallow tunnel vision view than that's what you'll get in all aspects. Other than a few ok tracks I can't honestly say that this is Drake at his best. I would say maybe he needs to go through some career adversity or criticism (like say, LL with Momma Said Knock You Out) in order to bring the best outta him.. But we at a time where the general public & ? riders are gonna say things are dope just cause. He's just not worth being bothered with.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can I get a lank? ? apple music
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can I get a lank? ? apple music

Rap godfathers has it
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U with me
    Feel no way
    Weston toad
    With you
    Controlla
    Views

These are ok........the rest is pretty weak
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pardon Me.......

I want to give this a honest chance. Surprisingly, I'm expecting this to be decent. Or maybe I'm just growing up and like sophisticated music.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    felt like I just listened to one long ass song
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • s3nterocks
    s3nterocks Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    felt like I just listened to one long ass song

that's how Take Care felt to me.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://typicalbs.com/2016/04/28/heres-drake-took-throne-off-views/

"In the “Views” interview Drake had with Zane Lowe, Lowe was no stranger to ask about Drake’s decision to remove “The Throne” (Jay Z and Kanye West) from the track Pop Style. Drake in the interview was very clear that he only wanted Kanye on the track, and the verse was sent back to him with Jay Z opening the verse. A lot of people were disappointed by Jay’s very brief moment on the song. It seems now pretty clear that Drake removed the version of Pop Style with Jay and Kanye because the verse with Jay Z was thrown on his lap without his approval. Jay Z was never intended to be on the record. Kanye, who is very close, and always stands up for Jay Z pulled a sly by sending Drake a Jay Z opened verse.Drake and Jay Z have been in a streaming battle as of late with Jay Z’s Tidal Service lacking Drake’s artistry. Drake seemed a bit timid to open up to much about his current relationship Jay Z, but it is clear from the interview there is currently a problem."
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ElxChapo wrote: »
    No me gusto este album. Este disco son para los vatos sin huevos.

This puppet could be very promising

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

But on take care there are a couple tracks dude flexes his lyrical ability like. No track on here touches Lord Knows or even underground kings. The one real rap track Weston rap flow ain't even that good. It's just no rapping on here so people are liking this one because it's the only time he really spits

You can't truly enjoy Weston road flows unless you from Toronto imo. He said a lot of ? and referenced a couple artists only Toronto ? really know about.
    One of his best records IMO.

As for the album overall I thought he captured the sound of the city perfect while cementing the current Toronto sound as his own. ? low key been creating a sub genre for a minute.

Only records I didn't like was the intro (thought he should have come more hype off the rip, and I deleted too much after 40 seconds. Couldn't do it.

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://typicalbs.com/2016/04/28/heres-drake-took-throne-off-views/

"In the “Views” interview Drake had with Zane Lowe, Lowe was no stranger to ask about Drake’s decision to remove “The Throne” (Jay Z and Kanye West) from the track Pop Style. Drake in the interview was very clear that he only wanted Kanye on the track, and the verse was sent back to him with Jay Z opening the verse. A lot of people were disappointed by Jay’s very brief moment on the song. It seems now pretty clear that Drake removed the version of Pop Style with Jay and Kanye because the verse with Jay Z was thrown on his lap without his approval. Jay Z was never intended to be on the record. Kanye, who is very close, and always stands up for Jay Z pulled a sly by sending Drake a Jay Z opened verse.Drake and Jay Z have been in a streaming battle as of late with Jay Z’s Tidal Service lacking Drake’s artistry. Drake seemed a bit timid to open up to much about his current relationship Jay Z, but it is clear from the interview there is currently a problem."

Figured. They tried to lil bro em.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ElxChapo wrote: »
    No me gusto este album. Este disco son para los vatos sin huevos.

Palabra.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    jxnd1vt7z6u3.jpeg

I actually disagree, ain´t even been to Canada, but sounds like the music that they´re feeling and trying to capture the music scene over there and blow it up on a bigger platform...
    jxnd1vt7z6u3.jpeg

I actually disagree, ain´t even been to Canada, but sounds like the music that they´re feeling and trying to capture the music scene over there and blow it up on a bigger platform...

what does this have to do w homie s post?

@Elzo69Renaissance About it having no theme... i believe the intention was to capture the music scene/taste over there and have this album reflect it, which would also make sense with the title, album cover and overall creative direction of the project.

? _Caesar wrote: »

You can't truly enjoy Weston road flows unless you from Toronto imo. He said a lot of ? and referenced a couple artists only Toronto ? really know about.
    One of his best records IMO.

As for the album overall I thought he captured the sound of the city perfect while cementing the current Toronto sound as his own. ? low key been creating a sub genre for a minute.

Only records I didn't like was the intro (thought he should have come more hype off the rip, and I deleted too much after 40 seconds. Couldn't do it.

^^^^^^^Seems like I was right on the money...
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options