The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    this ? aint bad its just like the rest of his albums. but thats the prob he still rappin the same ? he aint showin no growth. nwts at least had too much and some other introspective joints. this album is coo but its hollow as ? . this the same ? that happened to wale. hyped up the the album about nothing for years like it was flames and the ? was ashes. btw with you sounds like it should be on the lion king. im just waitin for elton john to jummp in with can you feel the love tonight.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I think I'd lie for you.. I'd think i'd die for you.. Jodeci cry for you.. Do things when you want me too.. Like Controlla.. Controllaa..

Hottest ? on here.. Hey!

EDIT: This ? ? SUCKA took Popcaan off the ? song.. SMH.. How Sway! How?!!?!?

Controlla that ?

I agree he should have left Popcaan and that track alone, it was done...I understand the decision in regards to Pop Style, Jay still tryna flex and throw a ? a few bars, ? was disrespectful and he was able to carry the track by himself, so props to Drake on that, should have left controlla the ? alone tho!!!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe posted that Drake line and Drake stans started calling him a hater.
    Other twitter users chimed in and said Drake bit Lupe.

@Sion we know you have bad gile for the boy Wasalu
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    LMFAO @ Drizzy curving Hovito LMFAO, that ? gets a few points back for that.

https://youtu.be/cyGfaz-Ikuw

I'm gonna tell yall again.... Jay-Z is going to come back round and son Drake. First the summer sixteen ? and now this. Straight disrespectful and when Hov slaps him its gonna sting and take social media by storm. Remember we ain't get a Hov verse in nearly 2 years.

(Btw the reason I think he kept him off was because of Apple and him being a competitor because he's Tidal, not because of "beef" or whatever the media tryna insinuate, I woulda kept him off too)

*listening to weston road flows again*

I hope that when Jay do come for Drake, it don´t backfire on his ass and he come strong don´t make a mistake by coming light on that boy, is all i´m sayin...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still the same subject matter
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    LMFAO @ Drizzy curving Hovito LMFAO, that ? gets a few points back for that.

https://youtu.be/cyGfaz-Ikuw

I'm gonna tell yall again.... Jay-Z is going to come back round and son Drake. First the summer sixteen ? and now this. Straight disrespectful and when Hov slaps him its gonna sting and take social media by storm. Remember we ain't get a Hov verse in nearly 2 years.

(Btw the reason I think he kept him off was because of Apple and him being a competitor because he's Tidal, not because of "beef" or whatever the media tryna insinuate, I woulda kept him off too)

*listening to weston road flows again*

I hope that when Jay do come for Drake, it don´t backfire on his ass and he come strong don´t make a mistake by coming light on that boy, is all i´m sayin...

This is the ? MC, put some respeck on it.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    lol what ? dont understand is that drake needs a good to classic album to solidify his position in thegame...there s no doubt Drake is number 1 in the game right now but he just doesnt have that definitive album. and this aint it.... ive nver heard anybody say yo im a go jam that Drake album except for So Far Gone and the ? before.....yall can force yourselves to like it all yall want, this ? just aint hitting.....Drake is going to end up like Marcelo Rios

I agree with the first part of this. Drake does need a much better album to solidify his legacy and I expected more pure rapping on this...but just because we agree this ? is mediocre as ? I wouldn't say someone who likes it is forcing themselves to like it. Maybe they just actually like the music
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    lol what ? dont understand is that drake needs a good to classic album to solidify his position in thegame...there s no doubt Drake is number 1 in the game right now but he just doesnt have that definitive album. and this aint it.... ive nver heard anybody say yo im a go jam that Drake album except for So Far Gone and the ? before.....yall can force yourselves to like it all yall want, this ? just aint hitting.....Drake is going to end up like Marcelo Rios

I agree with the first part of this. Drake does need a much better album to solidify his legacy and I expected more pure rapping on this...but just because we agree this ? is mediocre as ? I wouldn't say someone who likes it is forcing themselves to like it. Maybe they just actually like the music
    i see ur point ....i d edit it but im unmotivated my point remains
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i refuse to believe anyone genuinely enjoyed this project

? in here moving the goalpost, "this what Drake do, you gotta be in a certain mood, this for when you with your ? , its just no growth"

its just not good music, this ? is weak

Alwasys Strive and Prosper>>>>>>this
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna face facts that Drake has that talent, but was never really built to be a great like we all want to believe he can. The climate of the game today is way too forgiving and willing to accept recycled ? .
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    I'm gonna face facts that Drake has that talent, but was never really built to be a great like we all want to believe he can. The climate of the game today is way too forgiving and willing to accept recycled ? .

It's cool to have your own opinion and I respect it but the bolded iuno if we watching the same movie fam:

- Multiplatinum albums (has increasingly sold more each time)
    - The undisputed #1 rapper in Hip-Hop right now
    - Killed Meek Mill in the battle (I know on the IC Meek "won" the battle *yawns* but offline that didn't happen)
    - IYRTITL took over the airwaves and had social media on smash
    - he gave yall 2 albums of mostly rapping and reverted to his Take Care format for this one (if it aint broke dont fix it)
    - reviews are good so far

I think Drake's mistake was surpassing people's expectations when he came out. Man if I could up the threads from 2009/2010 ? used to be Drake fans and when he went multiplatinum and made it that's when ppl started turning on him as they did 50 Cent, as they did Kanye West, Jay-Z and others. Entertainment is interesting, it's true, it builds people up to break them down just for the sake of entertainment.

I don't wanna tear him down at all. ? just him being a Canadian with the style he's brought to the table makes him a significant artist. I just think he's a lot more better than the same stale ? we seen the last few years.

I'm sure its cuz I've been programed to believe when someone supposed to be the #1 rapper that he's actually gotta be great at.. You know, rapping.

As far as the ? with Meek, he won that by default. Weakest "battle" I seen on wax involving a "number 1" rapper.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this album for the saucy ?
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dood should make nothing but double disc.

One rapping and one singing I can send straight to the recycling box.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

omelly In case Yall 4got who really run this ? #DC #THECHASERSOVEREVERYTHING #RIPLILSNUPE #DWMTM #DC4 #ONMYTIME2 #comingsoon ? OUT HERE DROPPING THAT ? WE GONE SEE
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably his worst album so far...

First impression is that its Take Care without the big tracks that made that a good album...

Its much better when listenin to it front to back then each of the tracks themselves...but again there's nothing that really stands out...hotline bling is probably the best track on the album if we havent listened to that for the whole year...weston road flows is a good track that never gets there...

There's actually a couple of nice tracks that never get there...feel no ways, 9, still here, views, with you, etc...its where drake's relaxed croonin (simpin) works against him...kendrick and cole make good tracks rise with there charisma and emotion...drake plays it too safe here...childs play, hotlibe bling, or fire and desire is probably his best performance...

I dont mind the singin...but both the rnb tracks and the rap tracks are lukewarm on this joint...his other albums are uneven but they have standout tracks where dude really shines...he just doesnt have it here...

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably his worst album so far...

First impression is that its Take Care without the big tracks that made that a good album...

Its much better when listenin to it front to back then each of the tracks themselves...but again there's nothing that really stands out...hotline bling is probably the best track on the album if we havent listened to that for the whole year...weston road flows is a good track that never gets there...

There's actually a couple of nice tracks that never get there...feel no ways, 9, still here, views, with you, etc...its where drake's relaxed croonin (simpin) works against him...kendrick and cole make good tracks rise with there charisma and emotion...drake plays it too safe here...childs play, hotlibe bling, or fire and desire is probably his best performance...

I dont mind the singin...but both the rnb tracks and the rap tracks are lukewarm on this joint...his other albums are uneven but they have standout tracks where dude really shines...he just doesnt have it here...

I agree with most of this but I don't think it's his worst album, at the same time I don't think the standouts on this are as strong as the ones on his other albums
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So all in all no matter how u spin it this is a below average album