The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adele didn't even do two mil and Adele is much more popular than Drake and had a number one single at the time.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Adele didn't even do two mil and Adele is much more popular than Drake and had a number one single at the time.

She is more pop that drake???
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2016
    Options

The chick has two diamond certified (10 x platinum albums) and one sold over 20 mil. Drake ain't nowhere near Adele's stature. Housewives and fat ? love Adele.

This is without streaming and Youtube numbers to inflate numbers too.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Drake about to outsell Beyonce in one weeek than she did in two weeks nevermind all these other rappers alive.

Anyone who actually thinks Drake actually sold all them albums is gullible. It's pretty obvious Apple is fudging his numbers because they have a vested interest to see him succeed (rivalry against Spotify, Tidal,etc).

Drake is nowhere near as popular as he was when he released Take Care and doesn't have the hit record or buzz. At his peak he only did half a mil first week.

What game have u been watchin
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The chick has two diamond certified (10 x platinum albums) and one sold over 20 mil. Drake ain't nowhere near Adele's stature. Housewives and fat ? love Adele.

This is without streaming and Youtube numbers to inflate numbers too.

Yea something seems fishy.... Bieber Adele or Taylor Swift are more popular than Drake and he bout to out do them in first week sells all on a album that you could only get from Apple??? Something seems a lil off bout that
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    views-01%20(1).jpg

81 writers??? Idgaf how you try and spin the ? albums from rappers ain't suppose to have damn near 100 writers on the ?
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Producers, featured artists and artists that wrote songs that were sampled all get writing credits though
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Ain't enough samples in the world for 81 writers..... I know his first album had like mid 30's-mid 40's and that's only half of this..... Yea this ? really got a ovo sweatshop he officially go in the R&B category
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol. Here come the false narratives and revisionist. "81 writers thoooooo" ... idiots.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to Drake on the numbers but why is there an infatuation with first week sales? Drake is a superstar nobody should be surprised.

What about sustained and continual success? Taylor Swift sell albums throughout the entire year same with Adele. Good look for hip hop no doubt but who gives a ? how much anyone sells if the product isn't good? Objectively speaking that is.

"Yall too infatuated with the ? numbers/
    Which make easy for me to divide and conquer"
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Is Drake even making hiphop. Lol Quality hiphop doing great and I'm all for that.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Cole & Sean being better. And I'm a fan of both those ? .

? wanna complain about Drakes "lack of growth" when Cole been rapping about the same ? since Warm Up. These artists have their niche and stick to it. Nothing wrong with that. But you can't criticize one for it and not the other

& Sean FINALLY dropped a better than average studio album and now he all of a sudden above Drake lol come on now
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This just about sums up what anyone with two ears is thinking .....

https://youtu.be/4_U0dGWBHyY
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This just about sums up what anyone with two ears is thinking .....

https://youtu.be/4_U0dGWBHyY

Why did you post this cracka?
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reviews panning tf out of this. Even the user reviews on metacritic are at 6.5.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    As far as people expecting different subject matter 90% of rap subject matter is redundant, even with the greats people love. ? the last album people can agree with Jay Z was great was American Gangster where he was doing the same drug talk he's been doing since the 90's. People tend to not like when the rappers they like start talking about different ? . The thing is, just keep it interesting and if Drake didn't hit that w/ this album then it is what it is
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2016
    Options

But somehow he sold 2 mil in a week.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options

But somehow he sold 2 mil in a week.

Week is not even over yet lmao
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Views >>> Yeezus any way you wanna cut it
    Hell no yeezus ? on views with ease
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I should have jumped on that new Orleans bounce mix into music before someone else did it.

I kept saying I was gonna do, then when I heard child's play I was ? :(

Good album.

Hype
    Child's Play
    Grammy's all my favorites so far.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

Views >>> Yeezus any way you wanna cut it
    Hell no yeezus ? on views with ease

Your opinion Kam.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    physical cd is supposed to drop may 6
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    physical cd is supposed to drop may 6