The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake Replaces 50 Cent On Forbes Top 5 Rich List

Forbes has officially revealed that Drake is now included within its ‘Forbes Five: Hip Hop’s Wealthiest Artists’ list, dethroning 50 Cent for the first time.

The website has reported a net worth of $60m for the ‘Views’ rapper – generated from touring, music and a number of lucrative sponsorship deals with Apple, Nike, Sprite and more.

Drizzy is now number 5 on the list behind Jay Z, Birdman, Dr. Dre and Puff Daddy.

He once famously rapped “25 sitting on $25m" in ‘The Motto’ and also previously claimed that he wanted to make $250m by the time he was 29.

According to Forbes, 50 Cent was knocked off the list due to last year’s bankruptcy filing – with the rapper reportedly losing his $100 million Vitaminwater earnings.

Meanwhile, Puff Daddy is still at the top of the list with an estimated net worth of $750 million.

The music mogul has a number of lucrative investments including Ciroc, Sean John and his own media company Revolt.

Check out the list below:

5. Drake - $60m
    4. Birdman - $110m
    3. Jay Z - $610m
    2. Dr Dre - $710m
    1. Puff Daddy - $750m
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Solid album. Views the song is fire. Sounds like lord knows 2.0. This album is like the sequel to Take Care.

To me its like the best parts of Take Care and even Thank Me Later

Drake always has 2 demographics to appease so Take Care will give you Over my Dead Body, Shot for Me, Cameras, but then have to appeaese the turn up and come with filler

TML wil give u songs like Karaoke and the resistance then appease the tuen up with BS

This album to me cut a lot of filler
  • S2J
    edited May 2016
    Options
    LOL "its impossible to ? up reggae"
    DNB1 wrote: »
    LOL "its impossible to ? up reggae"

? sounded so racist...

? u always outta the loop, beat it foreigner

And I didnt stutter. Relatively speaking (Duh) its fuck8ng impossible to ? up when blended with hip hop. Name me a bad rap song by a talented rapper with reggae influence I'll wait

Dmx Here comes the boom
    Ja Crown
    Super Cat ft Biggie Dolly My Baby
    Distant Relatives
    One Dance
    Controlla

Plus half these ? dont even know there favorite song is a reggae cover or influenced by it

Again, I'll wait. Bad mainstream rap-reggae song. Go...
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

Forbes has officially revealed that Drake is now included within its ‘Forbes Five: Hip Hop’s Wealthiest Artists’ list, dethroning 50 Cent for the first time.

The website has reported a net worth of $60m for the ‘Views’ rapper – generated from touring, music and a number of lucrative sponsorship deals with Apple, Nike, Sprite and more.

Drizzy is now number 5 on the list behind Jay Z, Birdman, Dr. Dre and Puff Daddy.

He once famously rapped “25 sitting on $25m" in ‘The Motto’ and also previously claimed that he wanted to make $250m by the time he was 29.

According to Forbes, 50 Cent was knocked off the list due to last year’s bankruptcy filing – with the rapper reportedly losing his $100 million Vitaminwater earnings.

Meanwhile, Puff Daddy is still at the top of the list with an estimated net worth of $750 million.

The music mogul has a number of lucrative investments including Ciroc, Sean John and his own media company Revolt.

5. Drake - $60m
    4. Birdman - $110m
    3. Jay Z - $610m
    2. Dr Dre - $710m
    1. Puff Daddy - $750m

The gap between Drake and Birdman vs Jay, Dre and Diddy is crushing af lol
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

5. Drake - $60m
    4. Birdman - $110m
    3. Jay Z - $610m
    2. Dr Dre - $710m
    1. Puff Daddy - $750m

Damn ain't no other rapper worth more than $60 mill??? 50??? Em??? Wayne??? Ye??? Nicki??? TI??? Luda??? P??? Soulja Boy??? Nobody??? Rap looking like it's in a drought
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Weston Road flows and Views are literally the only good tracks to me and both of those are too similar in execution
  • S2J
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Weston Roqd flows and Views are literally the only good tracks to me and both of those are too similar in execution

You the 2nd person to mention similar sounding songs

I like when albums have consistent themes and sounds. I remember listening to Blueprint and initially thinking Never Change, Song Cry, and a few others were similar. The songs always grow into their own.

Also what exactly does similar in execution mean. Lls Is that from Complex? Critiquing music has become so much more about the music itself. That Kanye ?
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the playlist im rockin with from now on:

1. 9
    2. Weston Road Flows
    3. Childs Play
    4. Feel No Ways
    5. With You
    6. Faithful
    7. Too Good
    8. Hotline Bling
    9. Summer's Over
    10. Still Here
    11. Pop Style
    12. Hype
    14. Controlla (Bonus)

This eliminates the lukewarm tracks and makes it what it should be...a nice pop album
  • JJ_Evans
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Everyone on this site considers the following album as a hip hop classic........

2e0371a05c1f60c70720dcd45345f1b38c3f6a93.jpg

There isn't much difference between what L Boogie did back then and what Drake is doing now. Matter of fact, Drake raps way more than Lauren did.
  • JJ_Evans
    edited May 2016
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Everyone on this site considers the following album as a hip hop classic........

There isn't much difference between what L Boogie did back then and what Drake is doing now. Matter of fact, Drake raps way more than Lauren did.

Wow

Elaborate on your thought........

The example is being put out there because it seems that some of you have decided to criticize by calling Views a pop album. I'm now asking that you put a grown-up thought behind it.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Weston Road flows and Views are literally the only good tracks to me and both of those are too similar in execution

You the 2nd person to mention similar sounding songs

I like when albums have consistent themes and sounds. I remember listening to Blueprint and initially thinking Never Change, Song Cry, and a few others were similar. The songs always grow into their own.

Also what exactly does similar in execution mean. Lls Is that from Complex? Critiquing music has become so much more about the music itself. That Kanye ?

It means they're basically the same damn song. The 90s r&b intro/sample, the topic and flow...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Wow

Elaborate on your thought........

The example is being put out there because it seems that some of you have decided to criticize by calling Views a pop album. I'm now asking that you put a grown-up thought behind it.

No
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Very nicely summed up
  • JJ_Evans
    edited May 2016
    Options

Very nicely summed up

How many copies have Joe's last few albums sold?......Matter of fact I'm curious if his entire catalog combined has moved as many units as this Drake album eventually will.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I want to hear the whole interview
  • JJ_Evans
    Options

Very nicely summed up

How many copies have Joe's last few albums sold?......Matter of fact I'm curious if his entire catalog combined has moved as many units as this Drake album eventually will.

? why are u mentioning sales? The topic at hand is this ? keeps selling us the same story. There's nothing new to be seen here.

Too Short sold the same story on every album. Jeezy sells the same story on every album. Chuck D sells the same story on every album. This ? ain't nothing unique. Damn near every well known rapper sticks to the script.

You're allowing your dislike of Drake to make you cling to any criticism of him out there on the web.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we got more drake groupies on this ? now huh
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    Drake has to evolve, his honesty and vulnerability displayed through music has kinda left him repetitive with his subject matter. And the only reason most of us has put up with it is because usually he can balance his dope spitting with the singing. But not on Views. We have seen as fans through the last couple of years other rappers whose versatility has shown and succeeded. To ? a Butterfly is a totally different sound than Good Kid Maad City, J.Cole redeemed his self with Forest Hills Drive, and Cadillactica doesn't sound like 1 long ass song like Views does. Drizzy should take notes. So yes it will be commercially successful, but critically acclaimed it never will be.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I want to hear the whole interview

Whenever the Joe Budden podcast leaked it will probably be in that thread. Probably today.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    @illedout
    @GetoBoy

Explain the difference between Lauren Hill singing and rapping on her album in comparison to Drake doing the same.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ay quick question did Drake sell a milli cuz last I checked it said he projected to sell a milli first week not that he did so why I see ? in here sayin he already did