The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.38840/title.drake-trumps-justin-bieber-for-title-of-spotifys-most-streamed-artist-of-all-time
    Drake Trumps Justin Bieber For Title Of Spotify's Most Streamed Artist Of All-Time

Drake's VIEWS went platinum in one week and it was an Apple Music exclusive. When the LP was released to other streaming sites, the album has now made Drake Spotify's most streamed artist of all time.

This news comes according to KWORB's most recent chart for Spotify's streams. Drizzy has trumped Justin Bieber by 10 million streams on the service. Drake has amassed 3,185,045,281 streams. The Purpose singer has 3,175,636,461 to his name. The Weeknd and Rihanna are in the Top 10 and Fetty Wap and Nicki Minaj make the cut in the Top 15 of the chart.

The VIEWS single "One Dance" is Spotify's most-played song at time of publication, according to the streaming platform's Top 200 chart.

Drake was Spotify's most-streamed artist of 2015 and with the release of his If Youre Reading This Its Too Late, he set the record for album with most streams in its first week.

DOPE!

Shows how much in demand hip hop actually is in comparison to other genres, ppl just don´t like to pay for the music like they would for another genre, like pop for example where ppl like Adele and Justin Bieber reign, but hiphop is def the most listened to and the industry knows this, just don´t want to give us our just dues and underpay and undervalue hip hop artists, the genre is undeniable, we´re just better than them period, will always be able to beat them at their own game if we dedicate ourselves.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Lmao nice username change

Aye the avi got me rollin too
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of ? cut the check so they can take this flow.

Best part of the album

i take it he was just reading someone's lyrics at that point.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake just sold a milli in pure sales in his second week meaning a milli people actually bought his album

1st week he sold a milli but that was with streams
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.38840/title.drake-trumps-justin-bieber-for-title-of-spotifys-most-streamed-artist-of-all-time
    Drake Trumps Justin Bieber For Title Of Spotify's Most Streamed Artist Of All-Time

Drake's VIEWS went platinum in one week and it was an Apple Music exclusive. When the LP was released to other streaming sites, the album has now made Drake Spotify's most streamed artist of all time.

This news comes according to KWORB's most recent chart for Spotify's streams. Drizzy has trumped Justin Bieber by 10 million streams on the service. Drake has amassed 3,185,045,281 streams. The Purpose singer has 3,175,636,461 to his name. The Weeknd and Rihanna are in the Top 10 and Fetty Wap and Nicki Minaj make the cut in the Top 15 of the chart.

The VIEWS single "One Dance" is Spotify's most-played song at time of publication, according to the streaming platform's Top 200 chart.

Drake was Spotify's most-streamed artist of 2015 and with the release of his If Youre Reading This Its Too Late, he set the record for album with most streams in its first week.

DOPE!

Shows how much in demand hip hop actually is in comparison to other genres, ppl just don´t like to pay for the music like they would for another genre, like pop for example where ppl like Adele and Justin Bieber reign, but hiphop is def the most listened to and the industry knows this, just don´t want to give us our just dues and underpay and undervalue hip hop artists, the genre is undeniable, we´re just better than them period, will always be able to beat them at their own game if we dedicate ourselves.

And lot of people listen to hip hop when these streaming numbers come up i'm never surprised you go to instagram or Twitter regardless of race and you any video on there if there is music being played in the background 90% it's hip hop music being played.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

DOPE!

And lot of people listen to hip hop when these streaming numbers come up i'm never surprised you go to instagram or Twitter regardless of race and you any video on there if there is music being played in the background 90% it's hip hop music being played.

Exactly, yet they don´t want to come out of their pockets for the genre or give it the recognition and respect it deserves, but let some pop star come out and straight to number 1 and outselling everyone else, smh...like that ? ass track Justin Timberlake just came out with, knowing that ? don´t have any replay value nor is it getting bumped like that nor getting that organic buzz.

Just a way to further devalue and downplay the quality and artistry of black ppl, hate to bring it to that, but it is what it is.

Btw, the good thing about these sites streaming wars is the apple and tidal exclusivity deals is also that it exposes the demand for certain artists, like Tidal gained a mil more subscribers just for Beyonce´s new album and the spike in streams on apple and spotify for Drake speaks for themselves and further back up my point.

Struglling rappers and rappers that aren´t supported by their fan bases need to take a page out of these artists strategy to see a rise in sales, then again, ? can always download, but its getting harder and harder to get hands on free downloading links.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wackest line on the album was "views already a classic" that ? kills the vibe and makes me hit the shaq face. nah drizzy, you can't call it a classic, only listeners can call ? classic
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That has to be a trolling account.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i get what vegas is saying but theres nothing he can do about it . everyone takes from dancehall . justin biber whole album is dancehall .
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    FHD>>>>>Any Drake Studio album..... I don't think FHD or any Drake albums are classics but lyrically sonically and cohesiveness give me FHD over any Drake album
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    The coalition just in here kicking back like...

haters.jpg
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So i listened.

Its a ? r&b album.

Its 80% singing for ?

Why is this thread 73 pages?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Exactly lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    FHD>>>>>Any Drake Studio album..... I don't think FHD or any Drake albums are lyrically sonically and cohesiveness give me FHD over any Drake album

@GetoBoy you 100% correct and he took a huge risk is toured last summer doing the entire album in it's entirety. When drake whines about ex's and side hoes he misses it is ? and pointless. When Cole revealed his insecurities and fears they were followed in FHD by courage and strength to make it out of his city. People truly connect to the message of FHD. What grown ass man with a father figure truly can connect to drake trying to save his exs.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of ? cut the check so they can take this flow.

Best part of the album

The "Ice Cube writes the rhymes I say" of 2016.

Album was ? butter btw.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Drake’s ‘VIEWS’ To Pass Eminem For Another Chart Record
    BY HHE EDITORS · JUNE 6, 2016

drake views happy
    Instagram/ChampagnePapi
    Drake’s VIEWS should reach double platinum some time this week.

It’s also going to push Eminem out of a pretty nice chart record.

According to Hits Daily Double, VIEWS has moved 1.93 million units, sales plus streaming, heading into its sixth week. VIEWS is also projected to top the album chart of the sixth straight time, making Drake the first male artist in at least a decade to accomplish this.

The last to do five was Eminem with his 2010 album Recovery.

Additionally, VIEWS has become the first album to top a million in pure digital sales.

Just imagine what a Drake album with better reviews and more positive word-of-mouth would do.