Better black people food: Jamaican ? chicken/pork and oxtails or BBQ chicken/ribs and neckbones

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    Flatbush, Brooklyn
    Gunhill road,Bronx
    Anywhere in Queens
    The best West Indian restaurants in the United States.

Golden crust got the best beef patties
    they sell these ? at the Dollar Tree lol
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    curry goat is the best Jamaican food.
  • NOLAQUEEN
    NOLAQUEEN Members Posts: 38
    edited June 2016
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Beef patty and coco bread>>>>>

Had a beef patty fron the ? spot here and it was trash. I'd give it another shot somewhere else. But if it ends up being a disappointment too it's straight f**k a beef patty

As a foodie that is the general opinion I believe most Americans have of Jamaican food. I think those who are of Jamaican decent or from the Caribbean love the food more than outsiders. Based on my observations in foodie circles people prefer soul food more. Yet, the thing about soul food is unless you're in the south the food is terrible. Black people in the north don't know how to cook at all. Even the soul food in Harlem is trash, it taste nothing like the soul food in Louisiana, Mississippi or even Georgia.

? Rice
    CjOkm3-UUAQTAex.jpg

Shrimp and Grits
    CjOtcVgUoAEXJ_p.jpg

Cabbage
    CjOznz3UgAAmBGl.jpg

Red Beans and Rice
    CjOvB0MVAAAJQ4x.jpg

Candied Yams
    CjOxedIVAAA8bR7.jpg

Potato Salad
    CjOpuM2UoAAKrvO.jpg

Cornbread
    CjOkCZ0UYAIBy4n.jpg

Gumbo
    CjOmYq5UkAEr2m-.jpg

Jambalaya
    CjOi3JKUoAEBNmw.jpg

Collard Greens
    CjOdXSVUkAARcDP.jpg

Banana Pudding
    pic2NNaUD.jpg

Fried Chicken
    ChickenFried.jpg

So much more...

When I studied abroad, and lived in Australia and New Zealand, I found a couple Soul Food restaurants, all owned by whites who came to the United States to learn how to cook soul food and brought it back home, and is now making a ? load of money off of black food. White folks loving the ? over there. They would actually give me free food everytime I would visit their restaurants because I was Black; they wanted me to tell them if they cooked it right. lol

Soul Food > Jamaican Food

• Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    Flatbush, Brooklyn
    Gunhill road,Bronx
    Anywhere in Queens
    The best West Indian restaurants in the United States.

Golden crust got the best beef patties
    they sell these ? at the Dollar Tree lol

Nah not the dollar tree joints the one's from the store, fresh out the oven
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm feelin for sum Jamaican stew peas & rice right now.....I love Jamaican Pea soup as well
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    big up to all the rastas who were eating ITAL (VEGAN) before being vegan became the foodie, hipster, white people thing to do
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    Exactly what is oxtails? What part of the animal is it?

Well how about that, it's literally the tail of a cow.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    big up to all the rastas who were eating ITAL (VEGAN) before being vegan became the foodie, hipster, white people thing to do

while we at it, shout out to tge honorable elijah muhammed for his ahead of the game dietary suggestions

he was telling ? back on 40s 50s only eat brown food (vs white rice sugar) n all kinds of other true trailblazing ? , that only recently became a part of public discourse

eat to live ? !
  • lethal5
    Options
    Jamaican style Carrot juice is on point too
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

Peanut punch
    Sorrel with rum
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Black pudding and ? >>>> oxtails

Most of these dudes don't know anything about either of these.
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When it comes to "black people" food the only thing I like better than Jamacain is Louisiana Soul Food. Gumbo, Etoufee, crawfish, fried catfish, red snapper, jambalaya, etc,
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    we got these spots in my city but they over priced they tried charging folks $15 for a plate of 3 oxtails with rice and peas lol rode by there the other day and they are out of business. How much plate of oxtail w/ rice and peas run yall in your cities?

You in Houston right? Do you go to Cool Runnings?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

My boys pops hooks this on the regs. Too good when made properly.

Sorrel is my ? tho. Fresh as ? on a hot day.

Dead @ ? eating black pudding. Can't do it. That ? is like pork or beef blood with rice or oats. Nah ? . Wasn't ? with that as a kid and I'm definitely not ? with it now that I know what's in it. Scust.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NOLAQUEEN wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Beef patty and coco bread>>>>>

Had a beef patty fron the ? spot here and it was trash. I'd give it another shot somewhere else. But if it ends up being a disappointment too it's straight f**k a beef patty

As a foodie that is the general opinion I believe most Americans have of Jamaican food. I think those who are of Jamaican decent or from the Caribbean love the food more than outsiders. Based on my observations in foodie circles people prefer soul food more. Yet, the thing about soul food is unless you're in the south the food is terrible. Black people in the north don't know how to cook at all. Even the soul food in Harlem is trash, it taste nothing like the soul food in Louisiana, Mississippi or even Georgia.

? Rice
    CjOkm3-UUAQTAex.jpg

Shrimp and Grits
    CjOtcVgUoAEXJ_p.jpg

Cabbage
    CjOznz3UgAAmBGl.jpg

Red Beans and Rice
    CjOvB0MVAAAJQ4x.jpg

Candied Yams
    CjOxedIVAAA8bR7.jpg

Potato Salad
    CjOpuM2UoAAKrvO.jpg

Cornbread
    CjOkCZ0UYAIBy4n.jpg

Gumbo
    CjOmYq5UkAEr2m-.jpg

Jambalaya
    CjOi3JKUoAEBNmw.jpg

Collard Greens
    CjOdXSVUkAARcDP.jpg

Banana Pudding
    pic2NNaUD.jpg

Fried Chicken
    ChickenFried.jpg

So much more...

When I studied abroad, and lived in Australia and New Zealand, I found a couple Soul Food restaurants, all owned by whites who came to the United States to learn how to cook soul food and brought it back home, and is now making a ? load of money off of black food. White folks loving the ? over there. They would actually give me free food everytime I would visit their restaurants because I was Black; they wanted me to tell them if they cooked it right. lol

Soul Food > Jamaican Food

Look at you. Spend bare time complaining about bout ? but you eating black mans food out the white mans hand.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingHustle wrote: »
    we got these spots in my city but they over priced they tried charging folks $15 for a plate of 3 oxtails with rice and peas lol rode by there the other day and they are out of business. How much plate of oxtail w/ rice and peas run yall in your cities?

I was one of the first customers there when they opened I used to have homeboys that lived in that area and we stopped in for drinks during their opening week
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gourmet ? I had recently. It was very good!

rrhx02.jpg
  • lethal5
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The other day, I just went to my main Jamaican spot for some Pepper Steak, rice & peas, and coleslaw....

...You know that the chef did his thing, when a ? like me was still thinkin bout that tastey ass meal at 2 in the morning the next day,

.....they gave me a TON of steak with my order, im surprised i finished it all!
  • lethal5
    edited June 2016
    Options
    As a Jamaican, I luv me some Oxtail and Curry Goat, but personally I find that you cant buy it from a restaurant.....they usually just give u a box of bones...
    (thats probably why most people stick to just buying ? chicken from restaurants).

...I find you gotta get it homeade ( by moms, grandma etc), to ensure your gettin a good cut of meat.....or ? , just learn to make it yourself, it ain't that hard.
  • lethal5
    Options
    NOLAQUEEN wrote: »
    This is the caused of so many health problems in the Black community.

Vegetarian > Slave food

I see what your sayin bruh....but Jamaican cooked oxtail is like ? to a ? taste bud's

...but i see where u comin from, i ain't mad at cha
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall eatn pig slop

Go head n flag it ?
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingHustle wrote: »

I was one of the first customers there when they opened I used to have homeboys that lived in that area and we stopped in for drinks during their opening week

Cool runnings has been there about 20 years..used to be called blue mountain cafe..we used to go there when club ridddims was called karabana
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't eat pork at all. I do eat curry or ? chicken and Oxtails are favorite.