The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Allan Crabbe,Evan Fournier or Nicholas Batum the only fa's I would want the bulls to sign.They're getting none of them so re sign moore and charge the off season to the game or trade for a wing this team will overachieve on some portland blazers ? or they're gonna suck and ? forbid jimmy gets injured then it's ova

I'd also like to see dwight go to the bucks I want to see a team actually challenge the cavs not these fugazi hawks,raptors squads a legit threat

A lot of these teams wit mad cap space about to come up empty when they sign nobody and still have dough to spend so after the smoke clears the bucks can easily trade greg monroe

Bulls can get Evan Fournier but they'd have to overpay, especially since he's restricted.

I'd love Batum on the Knicks (or for the Warriors to go after him if they can't get KD) but I heard he likes playing for Steve Clifford and is probably staying. Also, I think the Hornets are gonna probably try to trade for Greg Monroe if they can't get Dwight...and I love your idea of Dwight to the Bucks, honestly haven't heard anybody suggest that before
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk how I feel about Rondo possibly being a net but i think Brook Lopez would eat playing with him. We'll need shooters.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight on the bucks easily makes them atleast top 3 defensive team in the NBA
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    I just can't wait to see the Greek freak full time at PG.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to see Memphis take a shot at Batum or Fournier but it's all for naught if Conley leaves
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight on the bucks easily makes them atleast top 3 defensive team in the NBA

The Bucks were 4th in defense in 14-15 then signed monroe to play the 5 and dropped to 23rd.You can't have a bad defender at the 5 or it will affect your whole defense specifically pick n rolls.

I watched both them games the bucks played vs the warriors last season.Them young lanky ? gave the warriors problems they switched every screen and gs could barely pass the rock without it getting deflected or stolen and gs shot mad contested 3's they struggled cuz of the length on the perimeter(same thing wit the thunder in the playoffs) they had to deal with.31 to's and shot 28% from 3's vs the bucks last season in 2 games.That is not a coincidence there's a reason why kidd started bringing monroe off the bench.To be fair monroe was killing green in the post in one of those games
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And mcw was killin curry in the post.I said at the time he was lookin like prime penny on the blocks when curry guarded him
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Iverson's son got a crossover just like his dad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I97n-M6nRoE

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allan Crabbe,Evan Fournier or Nicholas Batum the only fa's I would want the bulls to sign.They're getting none of them so re sign moore and charge the off season to the game or trade for a wing this team will overachieve on some portland blazers ? or they're gonna suck and ? forbid jimmy gets injured then it's ova

I'd also like to see dwight go to the bucks I want to see a team actually challenge the cavs not these fugazi hawks,raptors squads a legit threat

A lot of these teams wit mad cap space about to come up empty when they sign nobody and still have dough to spend so after the smoke clears the bucks can easily trade greg monroe

Love Crabbe. I want us to go after him as well. We would probably have to over pay immensely and even then I think Portland will match. They can't afford to lose him.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Solid move. needed the depth. We can potentially use his expiring contract in a trade down the line.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »

Bulls can get Evan Fournier but they'd have to overpay, especially since he's restricted.

I'd love Batum on the Knicks (or for the Warriors to go after him if they can't get KD) but I heard he likes playing for Steve Clifford and is probably staying. Also, I think the Hornets are gonna probably try to trade for Greg Monroe if they can't get Dwight...and I love your idea of Dwight to the Bucks, honestly haven't heard anybody suggest that before

Fournier isn't going anywhere. We're matching even if he gets offered max. There's no way we make the Ibaka trade if that wasn't the case. Our gm has gone on record multiple times
    saying re signing Evan is our top priority.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    an3vvexkk368.png
    Batum meeting with the Lakers ....i can dig it
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    They said spurs interested in pau

I hope to ? this isn't true. I'm also happy that they aren't as heavily interested in Conley as people made it out to be. He is a solid player but not all that young or healthy from the last few seasons.

Lin would be a nice 6th man but to compare him to what Manu did all those years is insane. Lin would be a decent piece but wouldn't provide as much as Manu did.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a radio interview yesterday, Tim MacMahon of ESPN.com said that the Dallas Mavericks will be getting the first meeting with Whiteside when the clock hits 12:01 a.m on July 1st. He noted, “It’s not like the Mavericks have had a ton of success in free agency recently,” which just points to the fact that Mark Cuban is on the edge of his seat waiting to make a big splash this offseason. – via Heat Nation

In regards to the the question of will the Mavericks pay Hassan the max? “Absolutely, no questions asked. The financial negotiations with the Mavericks will take all of one second. Max. One second max for the max,” Tim MacMahon stated emphatically. – via Heat Nation
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sppra0e8tovf.jpg

Didn't know it was 37 ? in the cheapseats
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this would be a great pickup if we could snag noel for say maybe tross +cash+ some extra bodies we got
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When the Lakers turn into Payless?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Knicks wanna be the potentially 2014 bulls so bad....
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? Melo really bringing half they squad to NY .

$18 million a year !! the contracts this summer are gonna be one for the ages !!
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

They're backkkk

New York finna go all the way

Melo finally finna get ring

Them ? finna be untouchable!!!!

Gotdamn youngings don't listen

106_zpsogsxtivk.gif

Usgadx_zpsmqkk9wai.gif