What do you think can be done about violence in many black communities?

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Give those black folks resources and there won't be a need for ? to rob steal or sell drugs etc. /thread

1. That requires social policies that might not be forthcoming. Can anything be done short of that?

2. I'm talking more specifically about violence, and if the violence really is more tied to the trading of insults than fighting over resources, it is not entirely clear that providing those resources would be the problem-solver that you're proposing.

Violence is the result of deprivation and the lack of resources. Give people better jobs and opportunities and there won't be a need for drug dealing, robberies etc.

There will always be crimes like robbery, assault, breaking & entering, etc. People will always want to get high so there will always be drug dealers.

Now can resources cut down on those crimes and the amount of people that turn to them? Yes they can but there will never be a crime and drug free society.

That's fair.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    The problem seems to be antisocial upbringing due to a lack of parents/family in the home. We can give some credence to the argument of high unemployment and low access to education but in my travels I have found that the presence of a familial unit makes all of the difference. Places in Africa like Dakar, Senegal for example have high unemployment but low violent crime. The same experience was had in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. It seems that the antisocial, individualist way of life practiced here is antithetical to natural human behavior and interaction. We are practicing a way of life in direct contravention to our breed.

Explain why there was more crime and violence in the past when there were more stable family units then
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's a lot of ? that needs to be done that's really out of our control. One thing that is in our control is we really need to start checking ourselves and each other. We don't need any financial support to MAKE, not ask, but MAKE each other stop committing crimes amongst ourselves.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    We just gonna talk ourselves in a circle again man.

And where are the black women to discuss?
    what, why?? black women aint the ones out here murdering one another at a crazy high rate. some of u ? i swear smh..
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legalize drugs so that the government controll the sales..so that cant be done anymore...so make it unheard for bastard children to be born meaning out of wedlock.....? it I'm cure...it...dont teach about slavery at school home so society forgets easin racism... Have a program where they knock on your door for community work projects......yeah this music gotta stop two...we gotta stop beating are kids we must....what's the word conform

Huh?

That would stop black men from feeling like they where wronged an white people from look in at us as slaves....how many whites got beat up about roots?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We just gonna talk ourselves in a circle again man.

And where are the black women to discuss?
    what, why?? black women aint the ones out here murdering one another at a crazy high rate. some of u ? i swear smh..

We cant make a move without our women backing us up but maybe I am just talking out of my ass.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    So @A Talented One what's the solution?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    So @A Talented One what's the solution?

His solution is prolly date white chicks
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The problem seems to be antisocial upbringing due to a lack of parents/family in the home. We can give some credence to the argument of high unemployment and low access to education but in my travels I have found that the presence of a familial unit makes all of the difference. Places in Africa like Dakar, Senegal for example have high unemployment but low violent crime. The same experience was had in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. It seems that the antisocial, individualist way of life practiced here is antithetical to natural human behavior and interaction. We are practicing a way of life in direct contravention to our breed.

Explain why there was more crime and violence in the past when there were more stable family units then

Whose crime rates?
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does thread starter feel the need to interject this amidst black protesting? You sound like those analysts asking "what about black on black crime"?
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ? ? snd cacs like you for starters
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Whose crime rates?

The US
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    free trade schools, and incentives to participate.....

lower probation time for active enrollment.......

and even more incentives towards securing employment upon completetion
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    I already answered the question the problem is the lack of resources which is why there is crime in low income areas. Put resources and opportunities in those areas and there won't be a need for crime. You can't totally eliminate violence but at least this would be a start.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    Strength lies not in defense but in attack. - Adolf ? .
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He lost tho
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options

He lost tho
    If killing 6 million jews is losing to you then its clear your enemy will defeat you..
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The solution is to go back to having strong communities that work together.

1) Have active community involvement in local schools. That means volunteering for tutoring, after school workshops and so on. I've been involved with Black Girls Code for example. The sweet spot to reach people is in that 7-17 range. http://www.blackgirlscode.com/

Sadly, our families are broken left and right, and too many kids simply aren't getting a good education in school, and also at home from their parents. If 50% of able bodied black adults volunteered, you could reach every black student out there. The whole culture in schools would shift similar to how it is in Asian communities. The same focus we put on Little League and Pop Warner should be put on the PTA.

2) Stop giving a pass to gang violence. If we're talking about sheer numbers, nothing is hitting us harder, so we have to actively run this out of our communities. I'm not with the "what about black on black violence" ? , but.....I do wish we had a fraction of the same energy protesting, having summits, etc., going at gangs, that we've had recently. Because a 15 year old murdered in gang violence deserves the same attention that someone shot by the cops does.

3) Invest in Black communities. Doesn't mean simply buying at black owned stores, but also investing with others together in business ventures.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    There will always be violence in the Black community. Just like there will always be violence in the white community, ? community, Asian community and every other community you care to throw in the argument.

Blacks need to stop perpetuating the lie that violence, ? , drug dealing, and all crime is concentrated in Black communities.

If, you believe or go by statistics Black ? Blacks at about 90% and whites ? whites at about 85%. The difference is negligible.

What we need is for stupid people to cease asking this stupid question.

You ? ? skunt.

And ? ? .

The black serious violence rate is way higher than white and other races.

NOW get the ? here with your head-in-the-sand ? .
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Violence is going down

And jobs is the answer

No, not anymore.

Experts cannot agree on what to call a recent rise in homicides, much less its cause, but new data on Friday that showed a sharp spike in homicide rates in more than 20 cities rekindled debate over whether it was time for alarm.

The data showed particularly significant increases in homicides in six cities in the first three months of the year compared with the same period last year — Chicago, Dallas, Jacksonville, Fla., Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Memphis. But almost as many cities reported a notable decline in recent months.

New York saw a 25 percent drop, while Las Vegas’s homicide total nearly doubled.

Law enforcement officials struggled to explain the numbers and differed over their significance....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us/murder-rates-cities-fbi.html?_r=0

Look at long term trends mr small island

That is irrelevant to this discussion. I am talking about last year and this year. And yes, these two years are not enough to conclude that the longer-term trend has reversed.

So I'm obviously not making any claim for a long-term reversal. Though these two years are enough to start being concerned.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Why does thread starter feel the need to interject this amidst black protesting? You sound like those analysts asking "what about black on black crime"?

I'm not connecting this with the protesting. I am most certainly not one of those "But what about black on black crime?" people. OK?

We can talk about this regardless of what ever else is happening.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    There will always be violence in the Black community. Just like there will always be violence in the white community, ? community, Asian community and every other community you care to throw in the argument.

Blacks need to stop perpetuating the lie that violence, ? , drug dealing, and all crime is concentrated in Black communities.

If, you believe or go by statistics Black ? Blacks at about 90% and whites ? whites at about 85%. The difference is negligible.

You ? ? skunt.

And ? ? .

Prove it.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You ? ? skunt.

And ? ? .

I don't mind insults. They actually liven things up from time to time.

With that said. If, you are going to insult at least have something to back up your claims.

So, you helmet wearing, ? the next time you attempt to insult me at least do so with intelligence and wit.

The Raw Numbers

Statistics are cut-and-dry, and they do not lie. According to the FBI’s most recent homicide numbers available, from 2011, a staggering 83 percent of white murder victims were killed by fellow Caucasians. (Of murders committed by Blacks, only 14 percent were of whites.) And because whites are the majority in the country — there are six times as many whites as there are Blacks — that means they commit the most murders. This could be viewed as startling to many, especially whites, because hardly ever is “white-on-white” crime dissected in the media. As an example, Time magazine’s Joe Klein wrote an entire column recently on crime, focusing on the Black community and calling it a “social disaster.” But there was no mention that whites overwhelmingly are killed by whites, which was typical of media outlets.

Violent Crimes

Whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes, according to the FBI. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led Blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-? cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led Blacks, again, more than 2-1. Williams asks: “Given this mathematical truth, would anyone encourage African-Americans to begin shooting suspicious white males in their neighborhoods for fear that they’ll be ? , assaulted or murdered?”

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/black-on-black-crime/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kerry-coddett/white-on-white-crime-an-u_b_6771878.html

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/03/03/9-facts-white-white-crime-far-exceeds-black-black-crime-media-conceals/
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? are quoting Adolf ? now???
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    So I reckon that you can't prove it @A Talented One