Baton Rouge: 3 Officers Dead, 3 Injured

Options

Comments

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm tired of this conversation. There is just too much dumb ? being spewed on both sides.

Case and point:
    15 million black people in america
    1.5 million cops
    Y'all do the math

100k men could bring america to its knees.

Really, my ? ? You think it's that simple. You have one group that is notoriously unified, has basically been militarized, and is full of people that are trained and equipped for combat.

On the other side, you have a group that outnumbers the other group by a factor of 10 (by your numbers), however, what does that number look like when you take away the children, elderly, and disabled. How many of the people left are willing to go to war? How many of the people left have the training or capabilities to go to war? How does the math look when you factor that in?

All of that's irrelevant though? Do you really think that ? could just declare war on the cops, and all we'd have to worry about would be the cops? How long do you think this war would go before the National Guard and other domestically based military units were brought in to shut ? down. Ya'll ? aren't thinking rationally. Blacks make up less than 13% of this country, and almost all of those people are integrated into the system in a way that such a war would be just as destructive to that community as to the rest of the country.

Violence may be necessary to solve this issue, but it will only be effective if it's in defense of the people and the people's interests. These ambushes are cowardly and ultimately they will be totally ineffective. The only thing they will succeed in doing is turn the sentiment of most of the country completely in the direction of the enemy. How long do you think it will be before black men are getting killed and most everybody in this country think its justified because we have officially been targeted as a threat?

Im not gonna knock your point cuz it's valid. But I know what happens when a group of like minded individuals got 1 goal in mind. 100 attacks a day won't change anything? 24 hour news coverage won't change anything? You know what happens when they institute martial law? They step on other people's toes that don have anything to do with this. Go and tell those Texas they have to give up there guns cuz the blacks are out of control. Watch the response. Go to Bama and Georgia and west va and South Cac and tell them give up your guns or go to jail. This is bigger than just black people in america. It's about rights in america. And impeding any right to any American whether it's for the better or not will always bring trouble. Bu then again, maybe that's just the way I see it. Maybe those gun nuts will gladly give up some rights and their guns. Maybe Americans aren't as american as they think they are.

I feel what you're saying, but I think you're misjudging the situation. You're basically relying on the idea that blacks going on the offensive would somehow draw a certain element to our side. You're not really considering who that element is. Those CaCs in Bama, Georgia, and SC are far more likely to pick up their guns and deal with the "Black Problem" themselves than to wait on marial law. For example, this was taken from the Baton Rouge thread:
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Man f-ck whoever that put this on Twitter...

Cm4MKUbXYAAfwXB.jpg

The problem Americans are American, and Americans have always been stupid and easily led to attack each other rather than the people who are really oppressing them.

Could go either way. Not saying they are allies. But a violation of a person's rights pushes some of those people into a corner. Either way it looks bad on america. Instead of fixing a corrupt system they pushed a part of their nation to the point where they hate cops more than fear them. Instead of building bridges and coming up with solutions they'd rather demonize an entire group of people. Put that on the world stage and watch the chaos that unfolds.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm tired of this conversation. There is just too much dumb ? being spewed on both sides.

Case and point:
    15 million black people in america
    1.5 million cops
    Y'all do the math

100k men could bring america to its knees.

Really, my ? ? You think it's that simple. You have one group that is notoriously unified, has basically been militarized, and is full of people that are trained and equipped for combat.

On the other side, you have a group that outnumbers the other group by a factor of 10 (by your numbers), however, what does that number look like when you take away the children, elderly, and disabled. How many of the people left are willing to go to war? How many of the people left have the training or capabilities to go to war? How does the math look when you factor that in?

All of that's irrelevant though? Do you really think that ? could just declare war on the cops, and all we'd have to worry about would be the cops? How long do you think this war would go before the National Guard and other domestically based military units were brought in to shut ? down. Ya'll ? aren't thinking rationally. Blacks make up less than 13% of this country, and almost all of those people are integrated into the system in a way that such a war would be just as destructive to that community as to the rest of the country.

Violence may be necessary to solve this issue, but it will only be effective if it's in defense of the people and the people's interests. These ambushes are cowardly and ultimately they will be totally ineffective. The only thing they will succeed in doing is turn the sentiment of most of the country completely in the direction of the enemy. How long do you think it will be before black men are getting killed and most everybody in this country think its justified because we have officially been targeted as a threat?

Im not gonna knock your point cuz it's valid. But I know what happens when a group of like minded individuals got 1 goal in mind. 100 attacks a day won't change anything? 24 hour news coverage won't change anything? You know what happens when they institute martial law? They step on other people's toes that don have anything to do with this. Go and tell those Texas they have to give up there guns cuz the blacks are out of control. Watch the response. Go to Bama and Georgia and west va and South Cac and tell them give up your guns or go to jail. This is bigger than just black people in america. It's about rights in america. And impeding any right to any American whether it's for the better or not will always bring trouble. Bu then again, maybe that's just the way I see it. Maybe those gun nuts will gladly give up some rights and their guns. Maybe Americans aren't as american as they think they are.

I feel what you're saying, but I think you're misjudging the situation. You're basically relying on the idea that blacks going on the offensive would somehow draw a certain element to our side. You're not really considering who that element is. Those CaCs in Bama, Georgia, and SC are far more likely to pick up their guns and deal with the "Black Problem" themselves than to wait on marial law. For example, this was taken from the Baton Rouge thread:
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Man f-ck whoever that put this on Twitter...

Cm4MKUbXYAAfwXB.jpg

The problem Americans are American, and Americans have always been stupid and easily led to attack each other rather than the people who are really oppressing them.

Could go either way. Not saying they are allies. But a violation of a person's rights pushes some of those people into a corner. Either way it looks bad on america. Instead of fixing a corrupt system they pushed a part of their nation to the point where they hate cops more than fear them. Instead of building bridges and coming up with solutions they'd rather demonize an entire group of people. Put that on the world stage and watch the chaos that unfolds.

That's America for you. There is a lot less money to be made in peace than drama, so which way do you think a country that prioritizes money above everything else will go? Sad, but sadder that the average American still doesn't see the centuries old trick that's being played.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What these police deparments fail or better yet refuse to recognize, is their policies and procedures are going make shootings this become more commonplace. Cops have a license to ? , every shooting is ruled as justified..so now more and more people are walking around with a "? or be killed" mindstate, the logic being that if they are shot, the cops won't be punished anyway so I'll take them out because they are gonna take me out.

The chickens truly have come home to roost, many people for many decades have tried working with the system to appropriate change. Many have turned the other cheek, have loved their enemies and have treated others as they wish to be treated. None of that has changed things..They didn't want peace..

The dam has broken...

Its going to keep happening...
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still unclear but a news reporter just said the call that brought the cops was a setup by dude to ambush them. Obama speaking now. One of the other cops is in critical condition
  • Magicjohnson
    Magicjohnson Members Posts: 265 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Black male kills 3 officers, 2 of them being black. And now 4 families, 3 of them black now have one less member. One less potential husband, one less potential father.

Damn
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shooter was 29yr old Gavin Long

I woulda swore it was a white guy

Gavin top5 whitest names all time
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IceManKam wrote: »
    Cnl41LWUkAE1T6_.jpg

One of the officers killed. Montrell Jackson

? chose his own fate
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today was the shooters birthday
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    Y'all gotta stop acting like any body being killed is a good thing...

If they want to celebrate death, let them be animals and cerebrate death...

We are a peaceful people... Killing is only a necessity when the time calls for it...

None of these deaths should be anything to be happy about... It's tragic that it has to come to murder to bring joy to people these days...

If I'm ever in a situation where I gotta take a life, I'm very sure happy would be the last emotion I would feel....

Y'all really think it's cool to shoot people with a smile on your face? That's sadistic no matter how you cut it.

I have no issues calling every cop thatunjustly killed a black man a monster who has no soul or humanity....

And if you're out here smiling and cheesing that they dying in response you're more like them than your people who just want an end to the violence...

It's like I said in the beginning..
    Some people want peace, and others just want to fight...

A lot of y'all just want a fight... no solutions, no answers, no harmony, no future... Just blood....

I want more than just blood.... We all gotta want more than blood....

Even if they ? cops all summer.... something other than death has to come from all this...

But a lot of y'all seem to be happy with just the death itself

You sound like a ? . You cryin for peace when black people just defending themselves. Where was this outcry for peace when it was just ? catchin hell?

It's always been there... Always....

I don't enjoy watching anyone die .... Ain't nothing ? made about not wanting to see murder of anyone
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Shooter was 29yr old Gavin Long

I woulda swore it was a white guy

Gavin top5 whitest names all time

Not really.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Dude who shot them was apart of a all white gun loving group. Probably was a ?
  • Dupac
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »

We are a peaceful people... Killing is only a necessity when the time calls for it...

None of these deaths should be anything to be happy about... It's tragic that it has to come to murder to bring joy to people these days...

If I'm ever in a situation where I gotta take a life, I'm very sure happy would be the last emotion I would feel....

Y'all really think it's cool to shoot people with a smile on your face? That's sadistic no matter how you cut it.

I have no issues calling every cop thatunjustly killed a black man a monster who has no soul or humanity....

And if you're out here smiling and cheesing that they dying in response you're more like them than your people who just want an end to the violence...

A lot of y'all just want a fight... no solutions, no answers, no harmony, no future... Just blood....

Even if they ? cops all summer.... something other than death has to come from all this...

That's me. Smile on my face cuz i have felt the barrel of a police issued 9 mm to my head. I have felt those heavy ass flashlights banging on my ribs. I've heard cops disrespect my mother and father. Ive fought 1 and caught a luck charge of Disorderly cuz the judge was real. I saw the retaliation after that ? to. No remorse on my end. Yea it may have been some good cops out there that died but it's always ? the police.

You're a good dude bruh. I have no doubt you're capable of murder, but I highly doubt you'd enjoy it.

People who enjoy life can't enjoy death.... It just doesn't work like that...

What the ? does that even mean? Get these pseudo christian ideals outta here man. These turn the other cheek ? ? . We been turnin the other cheek for four hundred years, they been kickin us in our ass for four hundred years. I think its time to switch strategies.

Bruh you ain't speaking strategy by speaking death...

Is your strategy just ? and ? and ? with nothing in between??

Cuz all these ? applauding death aren't exactly saying much as as strategy other than "? crackers".....

Like I said earlier, some of y'all truly have no interest in nothing but violence
  • Dupac
    Options
    gns wrote: »

That's me. Smile on my face cuz i have felt the barrel of a police issued 9 mm to my head. I have felt those heavy ass flashlights banging on my ribs. I've heard cops disrespect my mother and father. Ive fought 1 and caught a luck charge of Disorderly cuz the judge was real. I saw the retaliation after that ? to. No remorse on my end. Yea it may have been some good cops out there that died but it's always ? the police.

You're a good dude bruh. I have no doubt you're capable of murder, but I highly doubt you'd enjoy it.

People who enjoy life can't enjoy death.... It just doesn't work like that...

Guess youve never been around a caucasian jarhead

So now that's the goal? To be like Caucasian just heads??

Again if you're on the same ? they on what are you really looking for??

? like that don't care about people or a struggle, they just want blood... no more, no less...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now let's see how the media treats this, and see if they splatter their name across the airwaves like they did Micah
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    If every time an unarmed black person get killed these cops had to worry some ? like this would happen to them, you don't think that might give them more pause than us just continuing to ask them nicely not to ? us? Idiots worried about "narrative change" don't see the bigger picture, ? what narrative? The one of oh they were criminals anyway so they deserve to die, that one?

Some mfs lack empathy, the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes and feel for them even when that person is unlike you. Mfs like that only understand ? when it happens to them. They need to have it in the back of their heads like "? I better not be so trigger happy cuz these ? are fed up and might come for my ass." And they don't know when or where that ? is gonna happen. This might be the only effective check on their behaviour, cuz asking nicely and marching peacefully sure don't seem to be working. I mean they fear us already anyway

First and foremost i am indifferent to these chicken coming home to roost.
    However the narrative matters because it can and will get worse for US... thats my concern of the negative effects of whats happening towards US.. If a change of narrative didnt extend pass someones feelings then who cares but thats not the case.. it doesnt stop there

Worse than what? We face every kind of discrimination and oppression right now! From environmental to economic racism, that ? runs the gamut. They ? us unarmed with impunity, how much worse can it get? You ? afraid they'll reinstate slavery. Oh wait I forgot, we have that too thru the prison industrial complex

Do you understand that their entire white privilege and identity is predicated on having zero empathy. They will never get it or change until you force them to have it. When they experience the ? enough then they will finally be like damn, this is ? up, it will never happen before that, and all black people need to know this as fact

Oh I absolutely can get worse

Aren't you in Canada btw?

I live in Detroit and am married to a black man, I'm not less in this ? cuz I'm from Canada. My point is, they do whatever they want right now already, us being passive is not keeping anything at bay. If they aren't doing certain things like martial law is more because they are worried about global perception, not because we're being good lil ? that don't fight back and just march peacefully.

Not saying we need to stop doing that too, but when the chickens come home to roost, they just have to deal with it, they don't get to return the chickens. Thru the hardship, they just might learn some empathy.

well you are a muslim too and you hate america :'(

I'm an existentialist actually, nice try tho. Look at whitey coming in here throwing around labels. I bet you don't know one Muslim person either. And just like you crackas always talking about where are the peaceful Muslims whenever there is a terrorist attack, where are all the white people and good cops when an innocent black person is murdered. Or is it that you only want sympathy for y'all plight while actively oppressing everyone else? You white people are completely blind to the level of arrogance and entitlement you have, don't worry tho we see you

why do you hate me so much you somalian pirate? :'(
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/baton-rouge-shooter-anti-government-group
    Report: Baton Rouge Shooter Was Affiliated With Antigovernment Group

The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday, citing someone who was not named in the story, that the suspected shooter who killed three police officers in Baton Rouge was affiliated with an antigovernment group.

Police said the suspected shooter was dead. Two others had been arrested, but it was unclear of their connection to the incident.

A "person briefed on the investigation" told the Journal that the suspected shooter was from Missouri and affiliated with a group called the "New Freedom Group."

The suspected shooter was not named in the publication's report.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Everybody is Che Guevara or Sun Tzu all of a sudden.

Behind a keyboard they are