• Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    d1al_t0ne wrote: »
    How in the ? is Wu-Tang, Tribe, Mobb Deep, or RUN-DMC overrated?

This thread should be called "groups I don't ? ' like because I am a ? boy".

ATCQ are ? forefathers. They used to dress up like hippies with blouses and scarves. They used to always talk ? about Gangster rap for no reason. They had artwork drawn by ? men on their covers. I dont know why they are even considered a hip hop group because when they first came out in 90 they were trying to be hip-house ? like PM Dawn and CC Music Factory. They play ATCQ at ? clubs and Michael Crackerport and other reptilian aryans co signs them so yeah ATCQ are textbook fuckboys.

Gtfoh.... Tribe has thee best catalogue in all of hip hop

So QTip and them ? wasnt wearing tye dye night gowns and flowers in they hair in 1990 talking ? about hip hop calling themselves house and experimental???

I was around back then. You gotta remember that rappers were one dimensional back then. Just about every rapper wore a kangol, a gold chain and four finger rings. You could watch Yo! MTV Raps back then and watch 5 videos in a row where every rapper had a gold chain. When the Native Tounges came out it was refreshing to see somebody wearing something other than a gold chain.

You had The Jungle Brothers, De La Soul and Tribe Called Quest. Of the three I preferred A Tribe Called Quest.

I mean seriously, if you listen to Straight Outta Compton and then compare it to Tribe's first album, which album can you relate to more? Do you really walk around Compton with a gold chain and shoot people?

Tribe fanatics are weirdos If you related to tribe in your teens , you were a weirdo ,when I say weirdo I'm speaking from a street ? 's perspective. So you mean to tell me it was " refreshing" for you to see cats with flowers in their hair and you were looking at the gold chain cats like they were not it ?? Loll weirdos...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannnn

Wu Tang = NAH

CLIPSE = GTFOH

CAMP LO = TRASH RAPS dope beats

BOOT CAMP CLIK = LOL

ONYX = Who's Heard a Whole album of these ? .?

NAPPY ROOTS = are you ? serious.?

JURASSIC 5 = SUPER GARBAGE

RUN DMC = Overrated AF but got some classics
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    Mannnn

Wu Tang = NAH

CLIPSE = GTFOH

CAMP LO = TRASH RAPS dope beats

BOOT CAMP CLIK = LOL

ONYX = Who's Heard a Whole album of these ? .?

NAPPY ROOTS = are you ? serious.?

JURASSIC 5 = SUPER GARBAGE

RUN DMC = Overrated AF but got some classics

How are Camp Lo overrated if no one knows them

Hip hop heads know Camp Lo,
    And they Raps were terrible af but had some cool beats at times
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it every rap group that has ever existed or will exist is overrated..sheesh...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OK so we voting for DOPE groups that are overrated??? Not WACK groups???

If so, I would have agree UGK, I love their music, ? and Bun have classic tunes both solo and as a group, but some have UGK as top5 GROUPS of all time, but I wouldnt even have them top10...

Dont get wrong, they are IMO a legendary group and have classic records BUT I think they are slightly overrated...

Ive never really been a fan of Clipse so they dont get my vote, but Im a fan of UGK... Also Im not really a fan of Cash Money's HotBoys so they cant really get my vote, as Im casting my opinions based on a group that I actually like...
    KingHustle wrote: »
    KingHustle wrote: »
    Already knew certain ? was gonna come in and hate on outkast and ugk.

But to answer the question: Mobb deep
    Mobb Deep>>>>>UGK til big Pimpin UGK was a local group

Wrong. UGK was known nationwide. How you think Jay knew where to go for the feature? He couldve went to no limit or CMR but somehow UGK ended up there. Weird.

And 50 Cent got Bun on 'Guess Whos Back' BEFORE Jay... Like I said thought they were dope, but slightly overrated...

Someone mentioned Jungle Brothers somewhere in the thread, I always thought they were WACK...
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outkast always been overrated to me.... Still don't see how ppl be considering 3000 a goat.... And the fugees are also a overrated group they should have been just called Lauryn Hill and the Pips
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody says tribe is the goats they are a hip hop group that had their time 20+ years ago just like epmd,de la,gang starr etc.You got cats saying aquemini is a classic or top 5 album and outkast are the greatest duo/group ever their music wack.Low end theory and midnight marauders are better than any album outkast ever made
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes in here naming groups that were never house hold names in Hip Hop to begin with. ie

Mobb Deep

Capone and Nore

Gangstarr

Goodie Mob

UGK

these are niche\regional groups. Calling them overrated is dudes just throwing names out to get a reaction.

The only credible groups to discuss as overrated are groups that have made noise throughout Hip Hop and beyond.

PE

Outkast

ATCQ

NWA

Wu

RUN DMC

Ghetto Boys

Hot Boys

Bone Thug

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    d1al_t0ne wrote: »
    How in the ? is Wu-Tang, Tribe, Mobb Deep, or RUN-DMC overrated?

This thread should be called "groups I don't ? ' like because I am a ? boy".

ATCQ are ? forefathers. They used to dress up like hippies with blouses and scarves. They used to always talk ? about Gangster rap for no reason. They had artwork drawn by ? men on their covers. I dont know why they are even considered a hip hop group because when they first came out in 90 they were trying to be hip-house ? like PM Dawn and CC Music Factory. They play ATCQ at ? clubs and Michael Crackerport and other reptilian aryans co signs them so yeah ATCQ are textbook fuckboys.

Gtfoh.... Tribe has thee best catalogue in all of hip hop

So QTip and them ? wasnt wearing tye dye night gowns and flowers in they hair in 1990 talking ? about hip hop calling themselves house and experimental???

I don't recall that at all. Flowers?

I do know that during that time most of us Hip Hoppers were growing up. We started shopping at the Gap, wearing Polo, Tommy, Aeropostle and other brands aside from Lee's, and Levi's. We started trading in jeans for Khaki's, chains for medallions, sneakers for Eastlands\timberlands and track suits for button ups. Tribe reflected the evolution of the Hip Hop audience.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is all laughs. Lmao
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody says tribe is the goats they are a hip hop group that had their time 20+ years ago just like epmd,de la,gang starr etc.You got cats saying aquemini is a classic or top 5 album and outkast are the greatest duo/group ever their music wack.Low end theory and midnight marauders are better than any album outkast ever made

Playas Ball is a Christmas song.........

Kast>>>>>>>
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really just throwing out names in this thread now
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Cella Dwellas

Bush Babees

Lords of the underground

Das Efx

lil jon and the eastside boys

69 boys

outsiders

Crash crew

UTFO

Do or Die

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu tang. I can't tell you to this day who all of the members are or which is rapping at any given time if they're on the track together.

Fight me, reason nerds.

Gravel pit, triumph, and cream. That is it!

You clearly have poor knowledge of Wu.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Sunz of Man
    Killarmy
    Souls of Mischief
    Digable Planets