Gods son or Eminem show

Options

Comments

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    murdap wrote: »
    No black female is going to sit down and listen to a whole eminem song. Now that i think about it ive never heard an african american woman bumping any em track.

Black women>>>>Em fans and music

If u can put me on to some females that bump nas send em over this way
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods son
    If u wanna meet a non em fam just walk up to any black female in the U.S. Black Women who are Nas fans be them classy black women the type of female you bring home to mama nem. You cant bring no dusty foot eminem fan home to the fam.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods son
    jim1000 wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    Hate to vote against Nas but even tho GS had some of my fav songs (get down, last real n alive, book of rhymes) it had much more skipped tracks than Em.

And in my opinion Eminem Show was Em's last good album of his career.

More skippable tracks?? Nah homie. GS was solid all throughout that album. Too many gems on there like Zone out, Warrior song, Dance, If heaven was a mile away, Made you look, Nas went in on "the cross" dont know why some are hating on that beat, Thugs Mansion wit Tupac.

My ? , I told these ? this ?

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods son
    I love Eminem and I loved the Eminem show at the time, but that albums has not aged well at all. While Eminem is never better as a rapper, the production is pretty bad and after Say goodbye to Hollywood, the album takes a a pretty big nosedive. The aerosmith sample on Sing for the moment just sounds corny now, and though his verse on Hallie's song is fantastic the singing has lost whatever charm it had in the moment.

Agree with a majority of this. I loved Eminem first 3 albums and devils night. The older I get the harder it is to listen to them though. I like say goodbye to Hollywood. Still a lot of great songs on the album, but some of what once sounded good to me sounds corny to me today with Eminem.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods son
    The only song I didn't like on ? 's Son was Carry The Cross.

I liked Zone Out.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I love Eminem and I loved the Eminem show at the time, but that albums has not aged well at all. While Eminem is never better as a rapper, the production is pretty bad and after Say goodbye to Hollywood, the album takes a a pretty big nosedive. The aerosmith sample on Sing for the moment just sounds corny now, and though his verse on Hallie's song is fantastic the singing has lost whatever charm it had in the moment.

Agree with a majority of this. I loved Eminem first 3 albums and devils night. The older I get the harder it is to listen to them though. I like say goodbye to Hollywood. Still a lot of great songs on the album, but some of what once sounded good to me sounds corny to me today with Eminem.

Imo eminem show was a more mature Em than what he had put out before that but cosign on some of his ? being corny when u listen back today
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Gods son
    Hate to vote against Nas but even tho GS had some of my fav songs (get down, last real n alive, book of rhymes) it had much more skipped tracks than Em.

More skippable tracks?? Nah homie. GS was solid all throughout that album. Too many gems on there like Zone out, Warrior song, Dance, If heaven was a mile away, Made you look, Nas went in on "the cross" dont know why some are hating on that beat, Thugs Mansion wit Tupac.

I agree with everything else but the bolded, how you going to name one of the worst songs in his catalog first like it was the best song on the album?

I liked "zone out" but it wasn't my favorite on the album. My top songs off that album was "book of rhymes" (favorite song on GS IMO), then "dance", "last real ? alive", "get down", "made u look" in that exact order.
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Gods son

Couldnt stand zone out n production on the cross killed it for me. The rest of the tracks u mentioned I like too but there are like 4-5 tracks I skip every time. Eminem show has 2 songs I cant stand (dads gone crazy, n that single with dre) n with around 20 tracks that says a lot

Question: are u or have u ever been an Em fan? Bc some ppl might be voting for Nas who dont even ? with Em which kinda skews the results imo

Nah I'm a Em fan for sure. He's in my top 10 for all time greatest rappers. I have him around 9ish. But IMO he's just not better than esco.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods son
    Book of rhymes is brilliance
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Nas is the best rapper alive, but gtfoh with this ? , GS aint ? with TES is any way lol

??? There's a em album better than a Nas album ? where ????
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't zone out beat, public enemys "public enemy #1" beat backwards? Which idiots idea was that to make it backwards? Why not just use the beat as is
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them TES beats aged liked ? and nuff of them were stale back in 03 let alone now. I feel like it cudda been a classic if it were shorter and there was a lil more Dre.

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow

So many things wrong with this statement. I dont know who the poster is but If you wanna battle me, Id love to prove you wrong. ? says the album takes a nosedive before it gets into the best track on the whole cd, I cant make this ? up. (the areosmith sample was corny from day one imo)
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em's best ? cant ? with Nas worst ? .
  • Stew
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    Them TES beats aged liked ? and nuff of them were stale back in 03 let alone now. I feel like it cudda been a classic if it were shorter and there was a lil more Dre.

Youve been hating on Em for years, thats a fact(dnt really care for an explanation cause I already know why). Those beats have been the same since they came out. Nothin to brag about, they fit his rhymes, thats it. If they were that trash this album would never come up but it always does cause his RHYMES/LYRICS were/are 10/10. ? love to bring up rhymes/lyrics when it fits one of their fav rappers but never with somebody they have something against, they try to find another out to discredit. Hmmmm
  • Stew
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    Love ? 's Son btw, bought it, own it. He was in an awkward mental state that transferred on wax of how he was feeling. Super unpopular opinion "Last Real ? Alive" >>>>> "Ether"
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods son
    The Recipe wrote: »

Cosign. Eminem might be a great "lyricist" when it comes to putting words together, but he's a terrible musician when it comes to making music.

2Pac was the opposite. he wasn't much of a wordsmith but he made great music.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    Stew wrote: »
    "Last Real ? Alive" >>>>> "Ether"

Cosign 1000%
    Ether was cool n necessary at that moment but a track like Last Real N Alive is why I ? with Nas heavy
  • Stew
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    5 Grand wrote: »

Cosign. Eminem might be a great "lyricist" when it comes to putting words together, but he's a terrible musician when it comes to making music.

You're a self admitted hater, correct? I can search right now and find 20 post of you hating on Eminem. Thats a fact :joy: why do you continue to post about him, u a Gee alias?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    Im taking em show
  • The Recipe
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ? Son was the first Nas album I ever heard and I was amazed, it made me seek out his whole discography. Thank You Kazaa and Piratebay. Eminem Show made me dismiss all future Anglo Saxon rappers.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gods son
    That zone out track is wack to me but jungle low key be having some funny lines

Warning
    Jungle always keep a gun on him
    Pull out
    shooting-machine-gun-gif-68096d1368546749t-random-social-chit-chat-machine-gun.gif
    forehead yawning
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Eminem should apologize to his fans for his last 5 albums.
  • Stew
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thé Eminemshow
    Eminem should apologize to his fans for his last 5 albums.

Why?

artist.jpg

:joy:

Feelings button is right there.vvvv since u have no other comeback
  • The Recipe
    edited August 2016
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Cosign. Eminem might be a great "lyricist" when it comes to putting words together, but he's a is terrible musician when it comes to making music.

Fixed