Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    NCswag wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    This paper bag colored ? waits until he's benched to start acting up. He wants to get releases and get paid, not stand up for black folks. He did that ? like once last preseason, now he says he won't stop? ? outta here ? .

Troll away

Stop believing ? ? trying to throw ? on injustice and look at FSCTS. The 49ers were known to be shopping Colin around. They DON'T WANT HIM and his contract. So you magically wait until now to not respect the flag? This same ? been going on to black folks since his rookie year. Did he do that ? when he was fighting for a roster spot? ? no. But you can say I am trolling if you want to, it's cool l.
    ? gon ?

This is an ecample of why people of all other races believe that black people can't have conversations without being ignorant.....and you know what? Generally they are right.
    No that's a ? excuse to ? . The guy is basically throwing his career away for my rights, YOUR rights & other black & brown ppl that are being oppressed in america. This is something we criticize athletes for not doing and when they finally make a stand, ? like you come flying in outta nowhere to be critical. Just be mindful of the fact he's protesting on YOUR behalf risking millions for your dusty azz. Would you do the same?

WOW. You really believe that, huh? I guess I'll just be a ? then, ? .

Well you sure are sounding like one, so if the shuffle shoe fits................

Hilarious.
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Anyone that's saying Kap is only saying this cause of his current situation in the 49ers need to look up his contract numbers, dude could retire today and be set for life, hell he gon make close to 12M this season wether he on the bench or not
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17418050/san-francisco-police-union-president-rips-colin-kaepernick
    San Fran police union president rips Kaepernick

Talk of Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit down during the national anthem reached far beyond football Monday.

And many weren't thrilled with the San Francisco 49ers quarterback's strong words about why he is doing it: to instigate change and challenge authority when it comes to race relations and what he considers police brutality.

Martin Halloran, the San Francisco Police Officers Association president, sent a letter Monday to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and 49ers CEO Jed York denouncing Kaepernick's "ill-advised" statements and a "naivete" and "total lack of sensitivity" toward police, along with an "incredible lack of knowledge" about officer-involved shootings.

The police union invited Kaepernick or anyone else from the league to visit the San Francisco police academy to build communication and understanding about the profession.

"I only wish Mr. Kaepernick could see the emotional and psychological challenges that our officers face following a fatal encounter," Halloran wrote. "Some are so affected they never return to the streets. In short, Mr. Kaepernick has embarrassed himself, the 49er organization, and the NFL based on a false narrative and misinformation that lacks any factual basis."

Kaepernick, who has sat through the anthem at all three 49ers preseason games so far, is prepared to keep fighting for what he believes in, even alone.

"The fact that it has blown up like this, I think it's a good thing. It brings awareness," Kaepernick said Sunday. "Now, I think people are really talking about it. Having conversations about how to make change. What's really going on in this country. And we can move forward. ...There is police brutality. People of color have been targeted by police. So that's a large part of it and they're government officials. They are put in place by the government. So that's something that this country has to change. There's things we can do to hold them more accountable. Make those standards higher."

San Fran police union w/ the pig point of view...
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True colors was out all day at work. Can't wait til casual Friday I'm bout to put the face in my sig on a tshirt
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    My Father served in Vietnam, killed people to preserve his own safety and his soldiers safety. Came back from war for this country only to be told he wasn't good enough to eat from the same counter or drink from same fountain, still called a ? .

This is a country where they dragged our innocent ancestors out their housed at night, ? the mother and daughters in front of their families, then lynched them and threwa party under the bodies.

Any Black man who stands against their tyranny is killed. ? your flag saulute.

independence-day-salute-o.gif

my ? !!
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    giphy.gif

Amerikkka and its hipocracy
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He invalidated anything he said by his handle...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    :lol:

Po lil tink tink
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    I hear you ? Foster. I just wanna say, um, you cant blame your father whooping your mothers ass on slavery. Not everything can be blamed to racism, or slavery. Some things are just people ? up, and they have to lay in the bed they made. Your father was simply a coward. Like many of our fathers. Racism didnt hold many of them back. Just being a little scared ? did.

Even crazy Ann Coulter says that the only people that are owed anything in america are black people. Im not denying the economical and psychological effects racism and slavery have had on black people for generations, but im not so sure the psychological effects of that racism still factors in as strongly in current generations 40 and under.

This idea that young brothas across america who are killing each other, robbing each other, impregnating women out of wedlock and not taking care of their children, not going to college, not working, is not just them ? up is a hard pill to swallow.

I cant just keep spending my life defaulting back to racism to try to explain away everything while progressing forward in life. At the end of the day, stupid people exist, and stupid ? happens. But sitting around waiting for someone to acknowledge my feelings isnt putting money in my bank account, because no black person in america is ever getting reparations in the form of a big fat check in your account.

Im sure ? Foster would agree with that statement, considering hard work got him to where he is, and continued hard work will allow him to help others get out of their situations too. Not sitting around crying about racism, which im sure had the least negative impact in his life, considering he grew up in a household of drug abuse and domestic violence like many of us.

Bruh this made me laugh like a ? lol.....
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Domestic terrorist" will soon be a term to describe black people in America...watch....

@Black_Samson if that becomes the case, what doors does that open as

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    A pandering college coach? Nahhh lol.

I can't wait until these ? smarten up and start committing to black colleges out of high school. Hell, at least the coaches know their struggle as black men at the end of the day.

i would love if black atheletes went to hbcu's but we dont own none of them so were ? . i wanted this but black folks dont own ?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »
    A pandering college coach? Nahhh lol.

I can't wait until these ? smarten up and start committing to black colleges out of high school. Hell, at least the coaches know their struggle as black men at the end of the day.

i would love if black atheletes went to hbcu's but we dont own none of them so were ? . i wanted this but black folks dont own ?
    True, but it would create and strengthen the mindset to ? with each other in our communities more.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Maybe I'm outta pocket and no disrespect to the vets here but ain't no soldier ever died for me. I know he can't push it that far but ? what these ? talking about

We all gotta choose our own path, soldiers chose theirs. I'm appalled at the arrogance of anybody implying they died and fought for my imaginary freedom.

I say this all the time props to any military member who served honorably.. but fighting for MY rights never happned
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://kron4.com/2016/08/29/alameda-county-sheriffs-office-invites-49ers-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-to-police-academy/
    Alameda County Sheriff’s Office invites 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to police academy

ALAMEDA COUNTY (KRON) — The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office has invited San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to the police academy in response to his comments against police in America.

“You can become a cop in six months, and don’t have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist, that’s insane,“ Kaepernick said during a postgame interview over the weekend.

The sheriff’s office is inviting Kaepernick to its Sheriff’s Office Regional Training Center:

We would like to cordially invite you to the Alameda County Regional Training Center (RTC) in Dublin, CA. The RTC is currently in session hosting our 156th and 157th basic police academies. In addition to the academy, we train thousands of law enforcement officers from throughout the state and country in all aspects of our profession, including use of force. We have a specially designed Use of Force simulator that puts officers in situations where they must make split second decisions on what actions to take. In addition, we invite you to meet with our current academies and veteran officers to talk to them about their experiences and yours.

We hope that you will take this opportunity to meet with a new generation of law enforcement officers and have an open dialogue.

This comes after Kaepernick is facing tons of controversy after not standing up for the national anthem during preseason games.

The county pigs want Kap to go to a pig propaganda academy...