Options
    50 Cent
    5th Letter wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Funny how things ppl are using to say 50 was MVP this year didn't work just the year b4 for Em being MVP and it makes it more ironic that he's Em artist.... But this was a easy one tho
    Because 50 has no competition in 2003, in 2002 there were far more legitimate MVP candidates and Nas winning MVP isn't farfetched.

But Em was bigger and had more success in 02 than 50 had in 03.... So unless you gonna tell me Nas also was just as big and had just as much success y'all judging off of agenda and not the facts becuz you gonna just mix facts to fit your agenda

Voting Nas over Eminem isn't farfetched. And again 50 Cent had no competition in '03, That's basically the difference.

If we were to do a comparison
    02 Em = 03 50
    02 Nas = 03 Jay

So I'll never understand how one could win and the other could lose besides no other reason than skin color
    Nas 02>>Jay 03 and besides that Eminem won 2000.

So we giving out pity votes. SMH

Even when Nas wins, he loses.

He said Eminem lost because he's white by that logic he wouldn't have won 2000. But I get the feeling y'all wanted him to get 2002 so bad. Tough.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    I been voting based off commerical success AND how dope their music is.

Oh and black album is not on the same level as stillmatic, get the living ? outta here with that ? son
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Funny how things ppl are using to say 50 was MVP this year didn't work just the year b4 for Em being MVP and it makes it more ironic that he's Em artist.... But this was a easy one tho
    Because 50 has no competition in 2003, in 2002 there were far more legitimate MVP candidates and Nas winning MVP isn't farfetched.

But Em was bigger and had more success in 02 than 50 had in 03.... So unless you gonna tell me Nas also was just as big and had just as much success y'all judging off of agenda and not the facts becuz you gonna just mix facts to fit your agenda
    [\b]
    MVP shouldn't strictly be who sold the most records, there were good albums in 03 but nothing like what Nas did in 02, and he had success on top of it, 50 just don't have no comp in 03

Wait so black album isn't as good as stillmatic or had the same success???? You buggin..... Anything you can say about 50 in 03 you can say about Em in 02 and anything you can say about Nas in 02 you could say about Jay in 03..... Basically what y'all saying when you say MVP of the year it means who was the MVP in the streets becuz that's the only way you can come to some of these conclusions..... Y'all changing the criteria for MVP of the year as the years go on I'm just tryna see any consistency

What exactly is the consistency you're looking for?

What are the qualifications to being MVP of the year in hip hop????

There are no real qualifications. In some years you had obvious winners (Pac 96 and 50 Cent 03) and in some other years people are voting on preferrence for whoever they want to vote for.

That's all I was getting at..... There is no criteria ppl just switching up what the definition means each year to match who they want even if they contradict themselves in the end
  • GetoBoy
    edited August 2016
    Options
    50 Cent

Oh and black album is not on the same level as stillmatic, get the living ? outta here with that ? son

? BA>>>>>Stillmatic idgaf what you IC Nas fanatics think pocket that ? ....but ? it let me not turn this into Jay vs Nas 684742684639 whatever floats your boat there buddy
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    50 Cent

? BA>>>>>Stillmatic idgaf what you IC Nas fanatics think pocket that ? ....but ? it let me not turn this into Jay vs Nas 684742684639 whatever floats your boat there buddy

Nobody even thought of a damn nas vs Jay thread again cause I'm a fan of both. I just disagreed with your point which is silly. Every damn mvp thread you ? straight up ? about something. Everytime about anything. Like these threads are life and death. You ? need to cut it out.
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    50 Cent

Nobody even thought of a damn nas vs Jay thread again cause I'm a fan of both. I just disagreed with your point which is silly. Every damn mvp thread you ? straight up ? about something. Everytime about anything. Like these threads are life and death. You ? need to cut it out.

? it's called debating wtf kinda ? ass forum you looking for if ? can't debate they point....what we should all just answer then hold hands and sing Kumbaya foh if I see ? ima call it out period
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    50 Cent

? it's called debating wtf kinda ? ass forum you looking for if ? can't debate they point....what we should all just answer then hold hands and sing Kumbaya foh if I see ? ima call it out period

There's nothing to "debate". The criteria was laid down since the beginning for you slow ass ? . You just trying your hardest to be the smartest guy in the room and sounding stupid while you're at it...the votes are critically AND commerically. The people that didn't vote for em didn't think too much of his ? critically as the other options. It's not rocket science. No debate needed no ? kumbaya needed to be sung. Thats all, people didn't vote for Eminem, so what get over it
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    50 Cent
    Eminem got 2000 be satisfied with that.
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    50 Cent

There's nothing to "debate". The criteria was laid down since the beginning for you slow ass ? . You just trying your hardest to be the smartest guy in the room and sounding stupid while you're at it...the votes are critically AND commerically. The people that didn't vote for em didn't think too much of his ? critically as the other options. It's not rocket science. No debate needed no ? kumbaya needed to be sung. Thats all, people didn't vote for Eminem, so what get over it

Ok ? if that's the criteria then critically the dude won every hip hop award and the album was regarded as his best and commercially sold millions of records so by those criterias it should be an easy pick but clearly those aren't what ppl are using..... How bout you be honest with your simple ass be honest with yourself and cut the ? ? smh
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    :joy: yall funny
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    50 cent had that year

i didnt heard anything from jay back then thats how big 50 buzz were

he was on tv all the time and his music was good thats a ? crazy combination
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    50 Cent

Ok ? if that's the criteria then critically the dude won every hip hop award and the album was regarded as his best and commercially sold millions of records so by those criterias it should be an easy pick but clearly those aren't what ppl are using..... How bout you be honest with your simple ass be honest with yourself and cut the ? ? smh

Critically people that voted for Nas liked Stillmatic, Lost Tapes and ? 's Son more than The Eminem Show. Stillmatic and ? 's Son were both commercially successful, he also had a few pop/mainstream moments like the J Lo collaboration. Eminem may have sold more records and may have been a bigger star mainstream wise. But Nas checked out in his own way too. Musically and commercially.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    50 cent had that year

i didnt heard anything from jay back then thats how big 50 buzz were

he was on tv all the time and his music was good thats a ? crazy combination

Kinda hard to hear when you in one these b,

oven-open.jpg?itok=4tS4v9ap
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    I will repeat 2 things Nas in 02 changed the game he added a new term to our culture no other artist did that ? that year thus the Ether Button. 2003 50 came hard against a field that was subpar he had no competition and seized the opportunity. Given those 2 concepts Eminem had a game changer in 2000 and he too added something new to the Hip Hop Lexicon "Stans"and they are manifesting throughout this thread showing their unbalanced Homotional ? ...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    50 Cent

Wow b you seriously going to make a case for Eminem album CRITICALLY by using the argument that he won awards? MTV and grammys? I'm not even going to get into the gkmc vs macklemore ? cause I'm 100% sure you know it already. You just on your last leg in your debate but for some reason still want to debate so you'll just pull some ? out your ass even though you know it's ? . FOH
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    50 Cent
    I will repeat 2 things Nas in 02 changed the game he added a new term to our culture no other artist did that ? that year thus the Ether Button. 2003 50 came hard against a field that was subpar he had no competition and seized the opportunity. Given those 2 concepts Eminem had a game changer in 2000 and he too added something new to the Hip Hop Lexicon "Stans"and they are manifesting throughout this thread showing their unbalanced Homotional ? ...

So we basing it on if ? developing words for the urban dictionary now...

Idris-Elba.gif
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    MVP shouldn't strictly be who sold the most records, there were good albums in 03 but nothing like what Nas did in 02, and he had success on top of it, 50 just don't have no comp in 03

Wait so black album isn't as good as stillmatic or had the same success???? You buggin..... Anything you can say about 50 in 03 you can say about Em in 02 and anything you can say about Nas in 02 you could say about Jay in 03..... Basically what y'all saying when you say MVP of the year it means who was the MVP in the streets becuz that's the only way you can come to some of these conclusions..... Y'all changing the criteria for MVP of the year as the years go on I'm just tryna see any consistency

There are no real qualifications. In some years you had obvious winners (Pac 96 and 50 Cent 03) and in some other years people are voting on preferrence for whoever they want to vote for.

96 for Pac was obvious?? I dont know about that my ? . There were some great albums that came out that year. As a matter of fact you can make a valid point that the Fugees could have been MVP that year. ALL I remember was "Killing me softly" getting serious burn back then. Also "Fu gee la" and "ready or not". The Fugees were huge in 96 as well. 96 has no comparison to 2003 is my main point. 50 had no comp while Pac did.
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    50 Cent

Wow b you seriously going to make a case for Eminem album CRITICALLY by using the argument that he won awards? MTV and grammys? I'm not even going to get into the gkmc vs macklemore ? cause I'm 100% sure you know it already. You just on your last leg in your debate but for some reason still want to debate so you'll just pull some ? out your ass even though you know it's ? . FOH

Oh my bad I forgot the only "critical acclaim" that matters is the hood.... Guess project pat is critically acclaimed too cuz you ? gave him a classic.... Swear you dudes mindstate can leave y'all lil blocks smmfh..... Oh and macklemore album was critically acclaimed.... In fact I dont even think yo simple ass know what critically acclaimed even means becuz if you did you'd know how dumb you sounding
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    50 Cent
    jim1000 wrote: »

96 for Pac was obvious?? I dont know about that my ? . There were some great albums that came out that year. As a matter of fact you can make a valid point that the Fugees could have been MVP that year. ALL I remember was "Killing me softly" getting serious burn back then. Also "Fu gee la" and "ready or not". The Fugees were huge in 96 as well. 96 has no comparison to 2003 is my main point. 50 had no comp while Pac did.
    Pac had better competition in '96 between Bone Thugs (who had the biggest hip hop record of the year), The Fugees, Nas and LL Cool J. But even then Pac still handily won that poll. 50 sold the most and had the biggest hip hop song in '03.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    50 Cent

So we basing it on if ? developing words for the urban dictionary now...

Idris-Elba.gif

In a way the impact of the songs changed the way Hip Hop spoke the impact was that profound so yes if you move in a way that the industry changes the way they operate you deserve MVP status. Em did it in 2000, Nasir did it 2002, and 50 did it in 2003 even though he did not change the language he changed the way business was done in the industry but explaining this to kats that never produced an album nor booked a show nor did anything beside possible freestyling with their homies a few times is hard to do because you kittens lack scope past your circle...
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    50 Cent

Pac had better competition in '96 between Bone Thugs (who had the biggest hip hop record of the year), The Fugees, Nas and LL Cool J. But even then Pac still handily won that poll. 50 sold the most and had the biggest hip hop song in '03.

LMAO

• jim1000
    Options
    50 Cent

Are we going by the poll or your view on it?? If it was by the poll then my bad but I still stand by my statement that 96 cant be compared to 03. 2003 was pretty much 50 and 96 had worthy MVP candidates other than Pac.
  • jim1000
    Options
    50 Cent

LMAO

I see what you did there but to me its a combination of records sold and impact. I'm guessing you are wondering how Em lost in 02 since he sold the most.
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    50 Cent

LMAO

They can't even see themselves moving the goal post lol
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    50 Cent

Are we going by the poll or your view on it?? If it was by the poll then my bad but I still stand by my statement that 96 cant be compared to 03. 2003 was pretty much 50 and 96 had worthy MVP candidates other than Pac.
    The bold is correct. My point is that '96 had more worthy MVP candidates yet Pac was still the clear choice for MVP. If you thought the Fugees were the MVP of the year I won't argue against that. Compare that to 2003, 50's biggest comp is Lil Jon and The Eastside Boyz and Jay Z who's had much better years.