Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room
    Man Rick Fox>>2012-13 Shard Lewis too
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yep, I was being generous...

cuz you know someone is going to bring up Rashard's All Star appearance and accuracy from distance.

But if you actually watched the games

Easily.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how ? tryna downplay Kobe's level of talent around him to try and elevate his status. Lol...? is funny B.

Nobody is downplaying, y'all are clearly overrating talent
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

cuz you know someone is going to bring up Rashard's All Star appearance and accuracy from distance.

Easily.

Y'all ? are so corny. This is what it comes down to, Rick Fox or Rashard Lewis.
    Options
    Somebody go player for player of this year's Cavs team vs the Kobe/Gasol Lakers.

Without the media hype and aggressive narratives, a lot of you ? would be surprised what you find....

I'm tryna figure out what you're tryna find here. I mean, a team that went to 3 straight finals and won two back to back is obviously ca great team,, but who was calling the Cavs a super team after the Warriors won 73 games. Ultimately what are you trying to prove, that championship teams compare skill and talent wise? No ? , but y'all in here talking bout talent and who score how many points a game and who grabbed how many boards, all while completely neglecting matchups and team cohesion. Keep on moving the goal posts though.
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    And now Bynum,Gasol, and Odom is the best front court of this generation lol

Tell me a better one

You don't think Pierce,KG, and Perk could give em problems

Bruh don't let these ? hyperbole make you think twice about how you feel, ? start bolding words and making outrageous statements to sound like they know what they talking about.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    Somebody go player for player of this year's Cavs team vs the Kobe/Gasol Lakers.

Without the media hype and aggressive narratives, a lot of you ? would be surprised what you find....

I'm tryna figure out what you're tryna find here.

Obviously, chemistry, matchups and cohesion play a part in a team's success. No one is debating that here.

Rick Fox, Radhard Lewis ...
    That was just one example of a player comparison ... in the argument comparing two teams ...

One of those teams, Lebron's Heat, is considered a "SUPER TEAM" whose "immense levels of talent" require the majority of fans to take credit away from Lebron for any titles that he won while playing with such an "elite team"...

The BETTER team ... is the Shaq/Kobe Lakers ... whose associated titles only serve to add to Kobe Bryant's legacy.

Thus questioning the veracity of the " Super Team" argument many use to invalidate Lebron's greatness
    And please don't sit here and tell me that ? don't do the bolded. Evidence is in this very thread.

That what the purpose of the exercise.

Options

I'm tryna figure out what you're tryna find here.

Obviously, chemistry, matchups and cohesion play a part in a team's success. No one is debating that here.

Rick Fox, Radhard Lewis ...
    That was just one example of a player comparison ... in the argument comparing two teams ...

One of those teams, Lebron's Heat, is considered a "SUPER TEAM" whose "immense levels of talent" require the majority of fans to take credit away from Lebron for any titles that he won while playing with such an "elite team"...

The BETTER team ... is the Shaq/Kobe Lakers ... whose associated titles only serve to add to Kobe Bryant's legacy.

Thus questioning the veracity of the " Super Team" argument many use to invalidate Lebron's greatness
    And please don't sit here and tell me that ? don't do the bolded. Evidence is in this very thread.

That what the purpose of the exercise.

Yea, yea...at the end of the day if you're saying Shaq/Kobe Lakers is a super team, then you're paying Kobe a lot of respect if you really watched those game's.

That being said, what the Heat and James and company did was clearly different than what the Lakers did. ? was a well orchestrated effort to get rich quick, as evidenced by LeBron proclaiming the Heat were gonna win 7 or 8 titles. Kobe/Shaq and the rest of the Lakers grew into an all-time great team, which is ultimately why they're comparable, because the Heat eventually became an all-time great team.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I like how ? tryna downplay Kobe's level of talent around him to try and elevate his status. Lol...? is funny B.

Nobody is downplaying, y'all are clearly overrating talent

LOL how ? ? Those numbers on a squad with Kobe and Gasol doesn't say overrated. They were key pieces to the Lakers success. You can't tell me the Lakers wouldve won ? without Bynum and Odom.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room
    Not bout to argue with no butt hurt space jammers.

Kobe played the top 2 greatest defensive teams the league has ever seen in the deepest most competitive western conferences the league ever seen. Where you could win 50 games and not be guaranteed a playoff birth. Unheard off. He did it with a trash playoff avging 12ppg super soft choking wimp in Gasol who was only good during the first title run and the Lakers were already the 1seed before he got there)

1. Kobe (everything Jordan had skillwise and more better playmaker and shooter beat better teams with less help)
    2. Jordan (played in a watered down expansion league with his own super team that won 2less games without him. Lost to Shaq on the magic)
    3. Shaq (most dominant ever should be undisputed goat but got lazy)
    4. Kareem (could be switched with Shaq)
    5. Magic (should have lost 2 rings to Isiah)
    6. Wilt (the league changed the rules to stop him unlike how they changed em 2 help Jordan)
    7. Zeke (only person with winning record against Jordan bird and magic)
    8. LeBron (will be 3rd soon even though he is one of the most mentally soft on the list)
    9. Hakeem
    10. Bird

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »

Kobe played the top 2 greatest defensive teams the league has ever seen in the deepest most competitive western conferences the league ever seen. Where you could win 50 games and not be guaranteed a playoff birth. Unheard off. He did it with a trash playoff avging 12ppg super soft choking wimp in Gasol who was only good during the first title run and the Lakers were already the 1seed before he got there)

1. Kobe (everything Jordan had skillwise and more better playmaker and shooter beat better teams with less help)
    2. Jordan (played in a watered down expansion league with his own super team that won 2less games without him. Lost to Shaq on the magic)
    6. Wilt (the league changed the rules to stop him unlike how they changed em 2 help Jordan)
    8. LeBron (will be 3rd soon even though he is one of the most mentally soft on the list)
    9. Hakeem
    10. Bird

Nice list... Bold list I might add
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And now Bynum,Gasol, and Odom is the best front court of this generation lol

Tell me a better one

You don't think Pierce,KG, and Perk could give em problems

Bruh don't let these ? hyperbole make you think twice about how you feel, ? start bolding words and making outrageous statements to sound like they know what they talking about.

Lol honestly I wanted to hear him say his Celtics frontline would get abused
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    You idiots act like "superteam" is an actual NBA term and not some ? the media made up to market that Heat team, and now there's rules as to what makes up a "superteam" lol, if those Laker teams don't meet your ? criteria as to what a superteam is fine....but they still were better teams
    Options
    You idiots act like "superteam" is an actual NBA term and not some ? the media made up to market that Heat team, and now there's rules as to what makes up a "superteam" lol, if those Laker teams don't meet your ? criteria as to what a superteam is fine....but they still were better teams

I'm a Lakers fan, of course I feel like we would have waxed that ass, so you'll get little argument from me there
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Easily.

Rashard Lewis' all star appearance came from a Chris Webber injury. He was decent but idk bout a hunnid mill decent

• its....JOHN B
    Options

I'm a Lakers fan, of course I feel like we would have waxed that ass, so you'll get little argument from me there

You're also biased in this debate
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still in here crying about Kobe I see
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If Kobe was on the same team as Mugsey Bogues y'all would say, he had to much help!!! Gtfoh y'all wanted Kobe to not have any pieces to work with yet he got 5 rings... Lebron literally gm's every team he plays on to make it a qualified SUPER TEAM only got 3/7 rings and y'all still give him a green light for top 5... Y'all never make any sense to me... Just say this with me ... KOBE CANT BE DENIED!
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just wondering if anyone's opinion has changed because of anything said here.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone's opinion has changed because of anything said here.

Yea mine did, I had him top 10 but now I got him at 11
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »

9. Hakeem
    10. Bird

You are a ? idiot.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe wasn't even the best player on his team FOH
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options