Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room
    Wilt shooting the ball 63 times to score 100 in a meaningless game against the worst team in the league that didn't have their starting center does not make him top 5

Looking back at this thread post for post...

Every dude CS has named over Kobe has a massive hole in their argument that Kobe had filled... I don't understand at all why it's hard to admit Kobe is as great as all of the above and should be in the top 5.. Kobe is the biggest overachiever of all of the all time GOATs... We aren't talking about a presumed superstar top 5 pick of his draft class, we are talking about the 13th pick of the 1st rd. straight outta high school, in one of the goat draft classes of all time.. Off the rip, year 2 he had MJ's notice and respect in high regard, MJ knew Kobe was gonna handle business and be next up and Kobe delivered...

These penalties Kobe gets, for being paired with Shaq to go on the only 3 peat since the Bulls.. to go Han Solo & recreate his whole game in his advanced stages to get his own 2 peat sans Shaq, Kobe was a top 3 player for at least 15 years which were more than a lot of the career goats y'all claim to have peaked Kobe... Only accolade he didn't get was 6th man of the year... Kobe is TOP 5 DOA

Kobe has holes in his argument too

Kobe got your guys beat, numbers don't lie, neither does longevity... From MJ to Steph he did it all

Steph wasn't ? till 2 years ago. And was to young when MJ was playing.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant deny dude. He cold. I was never a Lakers fan and hated dudes guts but if he not top 5 its most likely something to with him personally and not his game.

Jordan
    Kobe
    Kareem/Hakeem
    Magic
    Lebron/Big O
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant deny dude. He cold. I was never a Lakers fan and hated dudes guts but if he not top 5 its most likely something to with him personally and not his game.

Jordan
    Kobe
    Kareem/Hakeem
    Magic
    Lebron/Big O

It's def personal bro... theres no valid reason why hes not in the top 5
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room

Jordan
    Kobe
    Kareem/Hakeem
    Magic
    Lebron/Big O

There's also no valid reason why other players not named Kobe Bryant aren't in the top 5 either my G
  • Logical Truths
    Options

Jordan
    Kobe
    Kareem/Hakeem
    Magic
    Lebron/Big O

When you go back and watch their first 3 chips its crazy how talented he was in every aspect of them game including passing. He got a lot of people involved more than he got credit for. Countless times he would literally throw the ball straight down the lane to Shaq for one dribble and a dunk. Shots for Fox, Fish, Horry. Everyone. ONLY REAL PROBLEM WAS KOBE WAS TOO TALENTED AND SHAQ WAS TOO DOMINANT and they clashed instead of working it out. Kobe's arrogance also rubbed people wrong. He's top 5 though.
  • Logical Truths
    Options

Jordan
    Kobe
    Kareem/Hakeem
    Magic
    Lebron/Big O

There's also no valid reason why other players not named Kobe Bryant aren't in the top 5 either my G

Opinion vs opinion. He should be in there though in my opinion. I dont see five other players I would rather have than Kobe
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jordan
    Kobe
    Kareem/Hakeem
    Magic
    Lebron/Big O

Opinion vs opinion. He should be in there though in my opinion. I dont see five other players I would rather have than Kobe

He arguably top 5 bro.... but so are other players
  • Logical Truths
    Options

Jordan
    Kobe
    Kareem/Hakeem
    Magic
    Lebron/Big O

He arguably top 5 bro.... but so are other players

I can respect that
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Not in mine.

Top 10 though.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a joke that ? put Wilt in top 5 talk. He was taller than the white boys he played.
    LeBron only started being the best after the NBA castrated defense after Detroit dominated the East. And the ? still can't dribble a basketball like a pro player.
    Kobe definitely top 5 - this ? is insane.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    It's a joke that ? put Wilt in top 5 talk. He was taller than the white boys he played.
    LeBron only started being the best after the NBA castrated defense after Detroit dominated the East. And the ? still can't dribble a basketball like a pro player.

The NBA didn't change the rules because of Detroit
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    How is he top 5 when the individual accolades don't justify it. You're talking about Jordan, Russell, Lebron, Magic, Kareem, Bird,etc have multiple league and finals mvps along with the rings.

I have it as Jordan, Kareem, Russell, Magic and Lebron for now. I also have Duncan and Bird in front of him.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless u like 60+ years old i dont see how anybody can talk wilt, kareem, bill Russell etc. Foh. ? cant even break down their games u basically gotta go off stats to show them love honestly. Not taking away from what they did but lets keep it a buck.

Out of cats i actually had the opportunity to watch kobe is easily top 5. Only issue i ever had with him is he allowed himself to be walking target unnecessarily on and off the court and somethings will stick forever. But on a pure basketball level hes in my top 5
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    He's in my top 5, but can't be mad at anybody excluding him from theirs. Once you get to a certain tier it's damn near a pick 'em.

So many variables when it comes to rating players. Stats, teammates, rings, def. 1st teams, MVP's, scoring records, quality of competition, era, rule changes, heart or lack thereof, skill set, mentality, passing, footwork, versatility, coaching, meeting/exceeding hype, overcoming trials and tribulations, influence on others, playoff/finals record, win percentage, injuries, front office decisions.

Being in that top 10 room is good enough, because alotta these ? are interchangeable to a certain degree. I mean, in a draft, if you want Kareem but end up having to take Shaq, is anybody really that disappointed?

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hilarious
  • FlightKing
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Hilarious

The truth is funny sometimes.
  • FlightKing
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

The NBA didn't change the rules because of Detroit

Yeah they did. Defensive ? brought bad ratings.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Wilt
    Bron

Kobe 7th or 8th with Duncan
    Shaq in my top 10
    Bird at 9
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This discussion is over underdogs win the debate... On First Take today, Max Kellerman asked Shaq "who's the best post-MJ including Hakeem and Shaq"

Shaq said Kobe is the 2nd greatest player to ever play in the NBA outside of MJ... That's TOP 5 validation from a Hall of Famer, trumping this poll in itself

Hakeem, Lebron, Bird, Barkley, Wade, Rondo, etc all the names y'all keep throwing to stop Kobe from being top 5, even HOF'er have said over and over again, Kobe is Top 5.. Kobe is in that room, deal with it
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This discussion is over underdogs win the debate... On First Take today, Max Kellerman asked Shaq "who's the best post-MJ including Hakeem and Shaq"

Shaq said Kobe is the 2nd greatest player to ever play in the NBA outside of MJ... That's TOP 5 validation from a Hall of Famer, trumping this poll in itself

Hakeem, Lebron, Bird, Barkley, Wade, Rondo, etc all the names y'all keep throwing to stop Kobe from being top 5, even HOF'er have said over and over again, Kobe is Top 5.. Kobe is in that room, deal with it

como?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

como?

I was joking of course but that's what y'all doing to discredit Kobe
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Can't take any ? serious who got Lebron over Kobe. ? like a ? having 2 chainz over Pac, can't talk reason to a ? like that.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited September 2016
    Options

Exactly, Shaq himself said Kobe is better than him and Lebron. I'm assuming alot of these ? on here aint start watchin ball till 2008.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Kobe can be the second greatest player since MJ

Don't mean he's still top 5

Duncan case can be made that he's the best since MJ.

50 wins every year since year 1. Never missed the playoffs or was even a low seed
    Multiple MVPs
    Multiple FMVPs
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^Sams case can be made for Bron too, I don't get what's so hard for these nig nogs to understand it's many players with just as strong if not a stronger argument. That's why I can't stand Kobe-Tards they literally ? on every other great player to big him up.

Like this ? Goldie, bruh Bron got as many MVP trophies as Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan COMBINED you know 3 other top 10 all time greats along with 3 rings to go along with it, how does he not have an argument for being better than Kobe?