Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how is bron top five when he has no heart?
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room
    Kobe and LeBron are both top 5. No discussion. Those old ? wasn't on they ? like that. Dominating 16 team leagues filled with white boys who can't dribble with their left hand, gets you no points.

The only footage of a ? playing being youtube highlight reels, does not give the viewer a fair and real evaluation of the ? 's game. It's just more media ? ? molding the minds of the casual fan.

There's actually full game footage of them playing back then. They've showed them quite a few times on hardwood classics. It's like watching the spurs play with no Tony Parker and Ginobili lol. All fundamentals and it takes a minute to adapt to that style, but their shooting, ball movement, and bball IQ was high.

The same thing you're doing knocking the old school era is the same thing these younger kids going to be doing 15-20 years from now to knock Lebron and Kobe. The game will change, players will be bigger, stronger, and more athletic so they will discredit the previous players accomplishments based off the era they played in.

The same way how they try to knock Jordan and his era because they weren't as athletic as the current era of NBA players.

A few games isn't enough, I've watched Jeremy Lin look like a solid PG for a long list of games. If that stretch of games was all we had to judge him from, ? would be saying he's nice or underrated or something similar.

Every star in the NBA has fundamentals, so that has nothing to do with the context of this conversation.

At the bold, as they should. The game stays the same, the names change. As it currently stands, LeBron and Kobe are top 5. If a new ? comes through and overlaps their career, then LeBron and Kobe get moved out of their slots, simple as that.

The real iconic players set a bar so high, their spot stays solidified i.e. Jordan and Kareem. That's the challenge of the whole thing.

So by your definition a child of this era can't watch a few old games of Magic, Bird, MJ, or Hakeem and notice how skilled they were? Far as Jeremy Lin people was saying he was a solid PG because he showed he actually had skills. The NY and ESPN media spun that out of control because they never saw an Asian at the pg position school ? on the court lol.

And no not every star have fundamentals, case in point Dwight Howard was considered a superstar top 5 franchise player in Orlando but the consensus was his fundamentals were lacking. He was operating on instincts, athleticism, and talent alone.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    Bean went to 3 straight finals and won two with Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odem as major pieces on the team. That's two of the 5 biggest fuckups in the last decade. Them type of ? live in self sabotage mode. My ? leadership during those years gets severely underrated. I can only put Mike and Magic above Kobe. Bron 4th. Then Shaq.

Reach
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So would you say he's average then and not a threat?[/quote]

I just told you , Draymond is mostly a good player because of his defense, hustle, rebounds and winner mentality but nobody worried about his offense thats why he always gets open 3 point shots so no his offense is not a big threat no coach has a specific gameplan to try to stop draymond from scoring feel me ? just like Russell his impact was strictly on defense and i'm not sayin defense dont count for anything cause its very important but when we talking top 10 he cant be there on defense alone. Hakeem was just as good defensively and ? on him on offense plus played against much tougher competition the league was full of all star centers when he played,Russ only had to deal with Wilt...same for Wilt but at least wilt was averaging 50pts a game on 60+fg% lol

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    U said guys above Kobe have better resumes?!? I only see 3 guys with comparable resumes to Kobe and that's MJ, Kareem, Magic... Every1 after that has holes in their arguments to justify against Kobe...

If y'all just don't like Kobe I understand but to say dudes have a better resume than Kobe is just off base..

That's why I'm not bout to debate with ? , if you look at what Kobe has accomplished it's hard to say why he ain't top 5

This.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Russ is the reason for the Celtics dynasties of the 50/60's, Russ is the reason the players around him were hall of famers, think of where Parker and Ginobili would be without Duncan because that's as good a comparison as it gets, do your history on him instead of just looking at stats and thinking that tells the whole story, do your history on Wilt and you'll figure out why he wasn't as great of a winner but a prolific stat stuffer, Russ would of been great in any era no he wouldn't win 11 championships but he dominated an era for an extended period and will always be the lord of the rings because of it therefore will always be on the mt Rushmore of basketball
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Also he would be the all time leader in blocks by a large amount but it wasn't a recorded stat at the time
  • Ether44mag
    Options
    Also he would be the all time leader in blocks by a large amount but it wasn't a recorded stat at the time

stop trying to explain to me that he was great I know that....Im sayin he cant be greater than some other names thats all
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

stop trying to explain to me that he was great I know that....Im sayin he cant be greater than some other names thats all

Wrong....they can't be greater than him, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME
  • Ether44mag
    Options

Wrong....they can't be greater than him, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

the names I put ahead of him are all champions too what are you saying ??
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Not as impressive and dominate over a long period like Russ, Keem was super talented but didn't win till Jordan retired and went through long droughts of no finals appearances, my top 5 consists of players who dominated over an extended period, always got the best out of their teammates and won or had their teams in contention to win consistently
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Nothing wrong with top 10, it comes across as disrespect when comparing to other great players you consider better, but to me

MJ
    Russ
    Bron
    Duncan
    Magic

All consistently dominated their respective generations, got the the best out of their teammates and got the accolades to be mentioned amongst the top 5, 6-10 is harder

Bird
    Kobe
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Wilt
    Keem

I'm not sure which one I'd leave off
  • Ether44mag
    Options
    Not as impressive and dominate over a long period like Russ, Keem was super talented but didn't win till Jordan retired and went through long droughts of no finals appearances, my top 5 consists of players who dominated over an extended period, always got the best out of their teammates and won or had their teams in contention to win consistently

He went to the finals in 86 and beat the showtime lakers when he had help...he won because he had help in 94 and 95 not because michael retired, he never lost in the playoffs against michael so saying he won because michael retired dont have nothing to do with it
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

He went to the finals in 86 and beat the showtime lakers when he had help...he won because he had help in 94 and 95 not because michael retired, he never lost in the playoffs against michael so saying he won because michael retired dont have nothing to do with it

Fair enough but he still didn't win in 86
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know y'all ain't using Jeremly ? Lin to make an argument against Wilt, Russel, Bird etc.

GTFOH

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So u tellin me Hakeem's Western Conference Championship holds more weight than a Kobe-Shaq chip... Ur buggin bro... Reach levels smh
  • Ether44mag
    edited August 2016
    Options

he won in 94 and 95 ,its not a shame losing to the 86 celtics
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

That's why he's top "10"
  • Coreymj
    Coreymj Members Posts: 1
    Options
    MJ
    Kareem
    Kobe
    Magic
    Duncan

Off top, I favor wings over bigs. Basketball gives big men an inherent advantage just for being tall, so if a big and a guard are even, or close the guard gets the advantage in my opinion.
  • Ether44mag
    edited August 2016
    Options

That's why he's top "10"

who the hell did Russell beat to be top 5 then...I'll wait

hakeem beat Magic and Kareem, David,Ewing, Barkley ,Drexler ,Shaq all this while only playing with another all star on his team on 2 occasions only (sampson in 86 and drexler in 95)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    15ppg with shooting under 45% at Center against trash players.

Let that be anybody from this era. ? would be calling him a ?
  • Ether44mag
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

thank you

Hakeem stats in conf.finals against Abdul Jabbar 30ppg 11rpg 2apg 2spg 4bpg

Hakeem stats in the finals against Shaq ; 33ppg 12rpg 6apg 2spg 2bpg

Hakeem stats in finals against Patrick Ewing 27ppg 10rpg 4apg 2spg 4bpg

Hakeem stats in conf.finals against david robinson 37ppg 13rpg 5apg 1spg 4bpg

all this with 50+fg% of course
  • its....JOHN B
    edited August 2016
    Options

Of course this nickinpoop had to chime in, I told y'all ? fuckas do your damn history

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/325794-bill-russell-is-not-overrated

^^btoken down brilliantly
  • Ether44mag
    Options

Of course this nickinpoop had to chime in, I told y'all ? fuckas do your damn history

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/325794-bill-russell-is-not-overrated

^^btoken down brilliantly

the article proves he was playing in a good system with alot of good player they were 6 players in double figures no wonder why they dominated to win 11 rings ...5 mvps 11 rings...that shows you he was not the only reason for those rings