The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hillary’s Plantation is on Fire and the Negros Out with Fire Hoses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0AfQWHAO8Y
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Ain't no normal, ordinary Black people voting for Donald Trump b...i don't care what kinda polls and numbers they dig up

Right. It's looking like it'll be 3rd party or nothing on my end. I have a few issues and values I won't budge on. If I can't find a candidate that aligns with those, then I'll sit out this presidential election. I refuse to be apart of this lesser evil sht.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Ain't no normal, ordinary Black people voting for Donald Trump b...i don't care what kinda polls and numbers they dig up

Right. It's looking like it'll be 3rd party or nothing on my end. I have a few issues and values I won't budge on. If I can't find a candidate that aligns with those, then I'll sit out this presidential election. I refuse to be apart of this lesser evil sht.

I'd say exercise your right to vote. Even if it's for 3rd party, what particular issues are you concerned about?

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd say exercise your right to vote. Even if it's for 3rd party, what particular issues are you concerned about?
    ^^^^^^^^^^THAT ? there.

Look, even Jill Stein's views I don't 100% agree with. But I'm going to vote, period. That's the only way you can get your voice out there. YOU HAVE TO VOTE.

Notice: I didn't say vote Democrat. I didn't say vote Republican. I didn't say vote Green Party, or Libertarian.

I said VOTE.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don't see the correlation between a vote and my voice

My voice is complex, a vote is not

But I'm simple, pay me no mind

I thinks it's cool if you want to vote and believe in that but don't push it on others. Older generations had their shot, let the youngins try their own way cause previous ways ain't work

You're going to vote for someone you know isn't going to win as if that's better than the person who abstains
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They never want to answer the bolded types of questions..........LOL
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    I don't see the correlation between a vote and my voice

My voice is complex, a vote is not

But I'm simple, pay me no mind

I thinks it's cool if you want to vote and believe in that but don't push it on others. Older generations had their shot, let the youngins try their own way cause previous ways ain't work

You're going to vote for someone you know isn't going to win as if that's better than the person who abstains

I feel ya. Imo I think not voting only hurts and furthers the two party hold over the electoral college. Vote third party, if not its a self-fulfilling prophecy of the two party system. I believe there should be more choices and the presidential debate stage should be more than two people.

I've been a pretty vocal supporter of Hilary on here, but I don't think she's the perfect candidate with the perfect platform. But I do believe she's the most qualified and has the most policy-driven agenda. I think what happens (and this is with most presidential elections) is people vote once ever four years and then expect politicians to do the rest. When really the fight should be every day for what you believe in.

In essence I can see why not voting is a form of protest I just think it's a disservice to yourself. Leave the top of the ticket blank, and focus on your local politicians. You most likely have cousins, friends, or children who can be affected by politicians on the local level.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

My barber been doing a running joke for a year where he says he hope Trump wins. Then, after everyone reacts like "WTF" he adds: "So he'll get assassinated!". Everyone laughs.

LIKE you tryna tell me that ? up in arms about "Superpredators"...........

.......are gonna turn out for the Police Union endorsed dude running on "Law & Order" ? .......

giphy.gif

........who has Giuliani as his right hand man and likely Attorney General pick.......

giphy.gif

and every White Supremacist twitter account in the world going H.A.M for him?

giphy.gif

One Trump slanted poll and 3 internet trolls don't mean ? .

? that youtube dashiki ? , ? wear a kufi it don't mean that he bright
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don King endorses Donald Trump
  • Swiffness!
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So I just caught a bus from City Hall when I realized all the commotion was because Trump's in town....

z1zcphsp7sq8.jpg

Every convo on the bus immediately switched to how much ? hate Trump.

Those 400,000 votes from Philly bury Republican presidential tickets.....Lol Trump is dead meat in Pennsylvania.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if the young people supporting Gary Johnson know what he and his party stands for. I doubt it. So does Paul Krugman:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/opinion/vote-as-if-it-matters.html?src=me&_r=0
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I wonder if the young people supporting Gary Johnson know what he and his party stands for. I doubt it. So does Paul Krugman:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/opinion/vote-as-if-it-matters.html?src=me&_r=0
    Krugman is a ? ? , for this reason: he makes the claim that voting for Johnson requires you to agree with everything that the Libertarian platform includes, but also claims a young voter who DOESN'T agree with everything Clinton/the Democrats stand for should vote for them because "it matters."

...so why does one party require my 100% agreement and the other not? surely he's not long in the bag for Clinton or anything.

also, anyone claiming there's no reason to believe an HRC position to be "insincere" is either a ? liar or a ? idiot. you tell me which Krugman is.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Trump African-American tall hall.meeting

It's town hall, ? lol
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ted Cruz is saying he will vote for Trump.....these politicians have no nuts or morals.....Trump dissed your wife and implicated your father in the JFK assassination.....Im sorry, there are some things that you can not overlook for the sake of "party loyalty"
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    I'm on record saying Cruz should've laid hands on Trump at a debate for the ? he said about his wife. What a ? ? .
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come everytime a news site posts hillary ahead in the polls trump supporters say the polls are fake or "rigged" and they dont believe them?? Are his supportors so ? delusional that they refuse to believe that not everybody is ? idiot??? Yea america is ? up but theres still enough ppl with common sense know to that trumps ass is unfit to run the country, i swear his followers are ? brain dead
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    How come everytime a news site posts hillary ahead in the polls trump supporters say the polls are fake or "rigged" and they dont believe them?? Are his supportors so ? delusional that they refuse to believe that not everybody is ? idiot??? Yea america is ? up but theres still enough ppl with common sense know to that trumps ass is unfit to run the country, i swear his followers are ? brain dead

Because they are delusional and ignorant and have cancer of the mind
  • farris2k1
    Options

Because they are delusional and ignorant and have cancer of the mind

Yep, thats my only conclusion, but its like why are some ppl this ? stupid? Im thinking too far into it i kno but, ? interesting to me, id like to kno how these ppls minds work
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But when those same polls show Trump ahead they're spot on.
  • farris2k1
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »

But when those same polls show Trump ahead they're spot on.

Lol i kno right!