Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• Mumo wa MauMau
    Mumo wa MauMau Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room
    In order

MJ - No explanation needed

Duncan - He brought 5 championships in tiny San Antonio. He saved Pop & turned him into a top 3 Coach in basketball history. His aura of greatness rubbed on Parker and Manu who later on flourished unlike if they had been drafted by other teams. Duncan was the system. And Pop was the engineer. Broke up Shaq/Kobe Lakers and Heat Big 3.

Bill Russell - 11 rings is too many no matter what era he played in. He is Boston.

Hakeem Olajuwon - GOAT defender and won a Championship without homecourt and prior to that with bums.

Kareem - Numbers don't lie. Plus longevity
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room
    5gkaucsagfn7.jpg

Who won more without the other
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The one with much more passion, work ethic, and longevity.

Of course that's Bean. In fact, he beats MOST players in that regard and it's helped him become an All-Time great.

No one can take that away from him.

However, it's well documented that outside of his prime (and even within it) Shaq's laziness held him back from having some of the most gaudy stats and one of the greatest careers in NBA history.

We aren't speaking on passion and longevity exclusively; more important factors include a player's level of dominance and greatness.

And when's you talk about that and bring up Shaq's name -

No one can take that away from him.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Top 10, but not top 5
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of shooting guards, yes.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe has to be top 5.

Smh @ people denying Kobe top 5 status and yet putting Magic in their top 5.

Magic doesn't belong anywhere near the top 5.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe has to be top 5.

Whoa bro... I was all in when I saw the first paragraph then I continued to read and got disgusted... ? ?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Kobe is top 5,

I feel like the Kobe haters ? rushed the poll to ? the discussion... It started at like 20 No's, to my initial yes and since the people have gotten to analyze the case it's been about a 55/45 debate
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Kobe has to be top 5.

Why is this dude still allowed to post? I just found out mods get paid yet they are useless smh
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Not bout to argue with no butt hurt space jammers.

Kobe played the top 2 greatest defensive teams the league has ever seen in the deepest most competitive western conferences the league ever seen. Where you could win 50 games and not be guaranteed a playoff birth. Unheard off. He did it with a trash playoff avging 12ppg super soft choking wimp in Gasol who was only good during the first title run and the Lakers were already the 1seed before he got there)

1. Kobe (everything Jordan had skillwise and more better playmaker and shooter beat better teams with less help)
    2. Jordan (played in a watered down expansion league with his own super team that won 2less games without him. Lost to Shaq on the magic)
    3. Shaq (most dominant ever should be undisputed goat but got lazy)
    4. Kareem (could be switched with Shaq)
    5. Magic (should have lost 2 rings to Isiah)
    6. Wilt (the league changed the rules to stop him unlike how they changed em 2 help Jordan)
    7. Zeke (only person with winning record against Jordan bird and magic)
    8. LeBron (will be 3rd soon even though he is one of the most mentally soft on the list)
    9. Hakeem
    10. Bird

You are a ? idiot.

@dallas' 4 eva

This is what u morons always do when u can't dispute fact....I said I wouldn't debate no butthurt space jammer but ill make an exception and ? on you if you can actually formulate a coherent argument against anything I said. Good luck.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    I still feel Kobe is top 5...

Kobe> LBJ
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe was 6 for me.

But after diving deeper he's number 5
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like these list need to be top 5 I was born and ACTUALLY watched play cause none of us saw Prime Wilt, Prime Big O, even Prime Dr. J. Ijs

true..

mines would be

Mike
    LeBron
    Shaq
    AI
    & Kobe (and i hate ? Kobe) Tim Duncan

in that order..

FIXED!
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Kobe was 6 for me.

But after diving deeper he's number 5

Let's get 10 more votes for Kobe
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 5 DOA

Michael Jordan
    Kevin Durant
    Lebron James
    Scottie Pippen
    Allen Iverson
  • 77beefer
    77beefer Members Posts: 2
    Options
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan, lebron, kobe, iverson, dirk.. dirk championship run was awesome
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    7 more votes get him in there
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't be no top 5 player without atleast 3 league mvps imo and 3 rings imo. There has to be some base requirements. Don't give me no ? about Kobe should won more mvps nonsense either.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bird, Hakeem, Barkley, Big O or even Duncan ain't better than Kobe... Y'all just digging up names now smh

It's funny how Kobe's whole goal to be the GOAT was to get to MJ's 6 rings to be right with Jordan, but he's only 1 ring off and ? that Kobe out-ringed for chips, y'all are putting above Kobe...

That's some hypocritical BS right there... Kobe accomplished just as much, if not more than them cats... & just because Kobe plays the 2 spot as Jordan, is a bunk reason for him not being in the top 5 room... He was the biggest star in the NBA since MJ and Magic, the only 2 who properly belong above Kobe without question... Give me some valid cases why y'all got dudes in the room over Kobe at least

I can't with these ? after a ? put Charles Barkley over Kobe. We need posters to get drug tested before posting wtf!
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    ? gave it to everyone too

Just sayn

Only Kareem Jordan and maybe Magic and Bird depending on how u feel about impact vs number of Championships Kobe can either be before or after those two guys but any lower than number five or six, I think it's gotta be some kind of personal disdain for the guy.
  • DR. JEK
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Kobe holds the following Lakers' records:

Minutes Played
    Steals
    3pt FG made
    FTs made
    Field Goals made
    Points in the regular season
    Points in the playoffs
    Points in the season
    Points in a half
    Points in a quarter
    Most games in the regular season
    Most playoff games in the regular season
    Most seasons played
    Most playoff seasons played
    Most all-star game selections
    Most all-NBA first teams
    Most all-Defensive first teams

In other words, Kobe is the greatest Laker of all-time and it's not even close. Kobe would also embarrass Magic on the court, so stop the ? .

This^
  • DR. JEK
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sgt HJ wrote: »
    1. M. Jordan - No brainer. Offensively, defensively, mentally and often underrated but physically MJ was the best at almost everything on the court. You name it, MJ could do it. MJ would do it and MJ did it. That to me is what make him the greatest because the level at which it was done still hasn't been matched. At least not on all facets of the game. Speaking of MJ still to this day is like telling a fairy tale. A fantasy story. Almost "? " like. Yes, that was MJ.
    3. L. James - Lived up to the expectations and beyond. Sure there were growing pains but they weren't created by this kid. They were created by the critics, fans both for and not for, other NBA players current and past. Lebron grew as a leader, he had a more powerful presence than the likes of Magic Johnson on both ends of the court and he could score. The best unselfish yet still dominant player ever. 13 yrs in and without question, today he's the best player playing. You can always count on seeing whatever teams he's on to be in the NBA Finals. FACTS!! Assassin? some argue that he's not. Not a problem. The opponents usually put themselves in the air, Lebron just kicks away the chair.

3. S. O'Neal - No answer for whatever he wanted to do in the paint offensively. In that Shaq-zone, if he had the ball which wasn't for very long but you can almost always count on those 2 pts. What made Shaq such a powerful force was how he got those 2 pts. The rim felt his presence just as much as the centers he played against. Sure there were more refined centers in the league. The Dream, Ewing and Robinson just to name a few but Shaq did it his way and he meant it and more importantly there wasn't anything you could do about it.

4. W. Chamberlain - Quite simply the most dominant scorer of any error. The 100 pt game still stands not to mention the 50 pts per game a season which has yet to be broken. Nothing else left to say about that.

5. Magic - The ball in Magic's hand while in transition down the middle with Worthy on one side, Kareem on another side put the other team in a world of trouble. The only thing you can do is watch what happens after Kareem or Worthy scores. How it got there? uumm, Magic!

I don't know if this really means anything. I mean props to you for thoroughly explaining your position. Only reason I don't know if it mean anything is I'm sure I can come up with a paragraph why Kobe should be top five just from him being the best player in the league from 04-10
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh you still whining about this?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Players putting other guys above Kobe who didn't take over the league anywhere close to Kobe...the only players who captivated the league at the Bean's level was MJ, Magic and Kareem so how in the hell do ? with worse resumes get over on him... the logic makes zero sense