The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    Bill out there holdin ? up

Bill might have to o.g. check Obama on the plane.

Obama did look frustrated a lil and didnt wanna hug bill when he finally got in i wonder how that conversation went after lol

Obama said just because you played the sax on Arsenio doenst mean you can be late
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57f07866e4b082aad9bbadad

Trump’s 1995 Tax Records Suggest No Federal Taxes For 18 Years: New York Times
    The Trump camp is not denying it.

Trump’s 1995 Tax Records Suggest No Federal Taxes For 18 Years: New York Times
    The Trump camp is not denying it.

3 hours ago

JONATHAN ERNST / REUTERS

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump holds a rally with supporters at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan, U.S. September 30, 2016.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump declared a $916 million loss on his 1995 income tax returns and the large tax deduction may have allowed him to avoid paying federal income taxes for up to 18 years, the New York Times reported on Saturday.

The Trump campaign, in a statement responding to the Times report, said that the tax document was obtained illegally and that the New York Times is operating as an extension of the presidential campaign of Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

The Times said it had obtained Trump’s 1995 tax records and that they showed he received the large tax benefits from financial deals that went bad in the early 1990s.

The newspaper said that tax experts it hired to analyze Trump’s records said tax rules which are especially advantageous to wealthy filers would have let Trump use his $916 million loss to cancel out an equivalent amount of taxable income over an 18-year period.

The Times said that although Trump’s taxable income in subsequent years is as yet unknown, a $916 million loss in 1995 would have been large enough to wipe out more than $50 million a year in taxable income over 18 years.

Trump has declined to release his tax records, unlike previous presidential nominees in modern history, saying his taxes are under a federal audit. Experts say he could still release them publicly if he wished.

“Mr. Trump is a highly-skilled businessman who has a fiduciary responsibility to his business, his family and his employees to pay no more tax than legally required,” the Trump campaign statement said.

“That being said, Mr. Trump has paid hundreds of millions of dollars in property taxes, sales and excise taxes, real estate taxes, city taxes, state taxes, employee taxes and federal taxes, along with very substantial charitable contributions,” it said.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The taxes thing is a weak angle of attack..his supporters don't care about that unless they're talking full blown tax evasion..to me it seems like he wasn't on the hook for taxes because of loopholes so he didnt pay them
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen research say for years that tax fuckery is about the worst thing somebody can do in voters eyes. Trump diehards would still vote for him if he bragged about ? Ivanka ofc but this cuts on both the tax and "not as rich as advertised" levels

"The Trump campaign, in a statement responding to the Times report, said that the tax document was obtained illegally"

Aftet all that Wikileaks dickriding ya'll did?

giphy.gif
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uScWHcTzk

Here is the frontline joint, im watching now highly recommended

• HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    The taxes thing is a weak angle of attack..his supporters don't care about that unless they're talking full blown tax evasion..to me it seems like he wasn't on the hook for taxes because of loopholes so he didnt pay them

It's kind of hard, at least in my mind, for Trump to take an anti-establishment angle when he uses the establishment to his advantage every chance he gets

Last thing he is going to do is shake up a system he benefits from
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everyone realizes that his supporters will never leave him, but this new tax info will make those people leaning his way think twice before jumping on his bandwagon. It will also open up the door for the media to pressure him into releasing his up to date tax info.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

His supporters dont care bout anything he does or says those stupid ? are riding with him till the end and will cosign anything and everything he does, the ? sad really
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2016
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

His supporters dont care bout anything he does or says those stupid ? are riding with him till the end and will cosign anything and everything he does, the ? sad really

Anyone that supports him is racist or stupid... probably both
    Its worse than sad its nauseating i got a stomach ache listenin to his surrogates yesterday morning defending anything he does.. this country is in a ? up place.. because not only has he even furthered the divide.. he continually primes them.. and is priming them in the event he loses by saying its rigged.. and everyone eats this ? up..
  • Stiff
    Options

It's kind of hard, at least in my mind, for Trump to take an anti-establishment angle when he uses the establishment to his advantage every chance he gets

Last thing he is going to do is shake up a system he benefits from

He already went down the road when they hit him with the bankruptcies and he just bragged about "using the laws in a savvy" way and all his supporters just chalked it up to him being a clever businessman (smh)...and this was early on in the primaries. This angle won't stick..

The best way to beat him IMO is to just keep him engaged in these strange side-beefs that he won't have the humility to let go and move on from(Megyn Kelly, the Khan family, and most recently the former Miss Universe)..and let that dominate the news cycle to just keep showcasing how unhinged he is to independent voters.
  • Stiff
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

Everyone realizes that his supporters will never leave him, but this new tax info will make those people leaning his way think twice before jumping on his bandwagon. It will also open up the door for the media to pressure him into releasing his up to date tax info.

He's not releasing the tax returns under any circumstances. He's already being pressured and he's just going to keep bringing up the "audit". Whatever he has in there he and his camp knows will sink him so he's not gonna do it..

his camp figures the media pressure to release>>>actually releasing and showing the world he's only worth a couple hundred million or he's in some deep ? with Russians or whatever.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree it's a weak attack but it as bad as when they were saying "your not worth 10 billion your worth 1 billion," nobody gives a ? about that. Beat trump with ideas and knowledge lol

Although it's ironic that all his surrogates are coming out defending his tax breaks but if it was a minirity they'd say we were a drain on the economy
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    160922161400-dalai-lama-trump-impression-2-super-169.jpg

Yes that is the Dalai Lama impersonating Trump
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

the dems are trying to win over undecideds and millennials so i dont think they care for the Trump Voter.
  • Sorrow_god
    Sorrow_god Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
    thinking about voting jill stein this november, I like all of her pro's but can to seem to find any cons. anyone more knowledgeable wanna help me out here?
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thats funny how Trump doesn't like the NYT violating his privacy on the taxes issue but he is all in support of Obama;s privacy (a bounty for anyone that can produce his birth certificate or college transcripts), Clinton's privacy being invaded (inviting Russians to hack her email, Wikileaks from the past and more that is being released this Wednesday according to Assiage)
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorrow_? wrote: »
    thinking about voting jill stein this november, I like all of her pro's but can to seem to find any cons. anyone more knowledgeable wanna help me out here?

The most negative thing I've heard about the Doc was she was anti-ammunizations, which is weird considering she's a medical doctor, and she wants to end foreign aid to Isreal.

She's pretty much Lady Bernie at this point. Hell, she asked Bernie to take over and run on the Green Party ticket.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    interesting video.
    Hillary Clinton & the truth about Libya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvSi6CsjVDo
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assange set to release Clinton campaign ender tonight 2am CST!

042115_hillary_clinton2_gty_1160.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-sVGIp6E9g

Yes, you read that right: 2:00 in the morning (AM) Central. Wikileaks is set to make a huge announcement during German daylight hours, which would be early in the morning for the US, and it’s reported the announcement pertains to a huge data dump that exposes more of Hillary’s crimes.

“People have a right to understand who it is they’re electing,” said Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, adding that the information comprised of “a variety of different types of documents, from different types of institutions that are associated with the election campaign, some quite unexpected angles that are quite interesting, some even entertaining.”
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lord Ether
    Options
    'Greater share of oil production' Hillary Clinton emails reveal motives of Libya intervention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtkCpyrIoLg
  • Lord Ether
    Options

Reason for the actions in Lybia. This is taken from another source, but the info is interesting.

1. Gaddafi wouldn't bow down to the Rothschild central reserve banking cartel.

2. Gadaffi Proposed $400 million African Satellite - gadaffi alone came up with $300 million for this project.
    For those who ask, whats the big deal in it, it's really a huge set back for European western countries, because they get paid by Africa every year $500 million in rent for the services European satellite provides to Africa.
    Africa being self sufficient is definitely a set back for western economy.

3. AMF: African Monetary Fund - No more borrowing from Rothschild Central Bank for African countries, AMF was planned to produce its own currency for Africa, backed by Gold standard.
    Interest free.

4. Libya's $300 Billion Gold reserves.

5. Libya sits on Africa's largest oil and natural gas reserves.

6. Gadaffi planned to free the entire African continent from the clutches of Western imperialism.

7. Libya's Blue gold - Libya's priceless water basins.

* In Libya there are four major underground basins, these being the Kufra basin, the Sirt basin, the Morzuk basin and the Hamada basin, the first three of which contain combined reserves of 35,000 cubic kilometres of water. These vast reserves offer almost unlimited amounts of water for the Libyan people. *In the 1960s during oil exploration deep in the southern Libyan desert, vast reservoirs of high quality water were discovered in the form of aquifers. * thus Gadaffi, started the construction for the Phase I of the $25 Billion "Great Man made River Project" in 1984.
    The Great Man-Made River (GMR) is a network of pipes that supplies water from the Sahara Desert in Libya, from the Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System fossil aquifer. It is the world's largest irrigation project
    As of now, almost all three phases has been finished by the Libyan administration .

It carries more than five million cubic metres of water per day across the desert to coastal areas, vastly increasing the amount of arable land. The cost of one cubic meter of water equals 35 cents. The cubic meter of desalinized water is $3.75. Scientists estimate the amount of water to be equivalent to the flow of 200 years of water in the Nile River.

Here is the $70 trillion Blue Gold in Libya, that caught the most attention and Love of Bankers.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of posters on here knew about this right here but the other points sounds accurate.

3. AMF: African Monetary Fund - No more borrowing from Rothschild Central Bank for African countries, AMF was planned to produce its own currency for Africa, backed by Gold standard.
    Interest free