Official Drake - "More Life" Playlist Discussion (3.18)

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh.. ? music is like ? to these zombies.. he already floods the radio you cant go 3 songs without hearing this cornball..

as far people getting up and arms about him taking shots at cudi.. that like beingin a fight and saying dont punch me in the face.... but hes a ? anyway when ? was trying to throw those bars a him he aced like a new ? .
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RickyRich you ? chewin ?
    Stop giving ? negative reactions
    I don't even care bout the reactions it just makes u look like a hoe

Three of these battyboys in here been flagging my ? .
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't got nothing to do with that
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who Jay have to wait on?!
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The more Senior types the more of a transparent excuse of a hater he proves to be. Anyways hes probably salty bout the first post to him still. Dude is doing Dhalsim reaches in here.

Bro, you just don't have a legitimate answer for anything that's been posted. Let it go.

lol @ Dhalsim reaches. Ya'll argument is just fallin' apart like Bonus Stage cars.

RYU570.gif

Drake can't have it both ways, my guy.
    He can't be the pop star above typical rap traditions like writing his ? one day, and then the rap GOAT warrior the next.

Ice Cube, LL Cool J, Kanye West, Dr.Dre, Eve did it, so why can't Drake ?? In 20 years no one gonna give a ? about who wrote what. Rap fans make me laugh cuz they show their age. In music today it's too multifaceted to only stick to one and doing so will get you nowhere because rap music is now pop music and the dominant form of music ? black culture is now pop culture.

When Rick Rubin was producing for bands ppl were crying foul because they didn't need to spend hours in the studio getting every note right, Rick could produce the sound over a machine without needing a whole band. In classical music it was once a time where ppl were jailed if they didn't compose their own songs and had someone else but today it's so common no one cares. Same thing with rap. Nothing is black and white anymore, if you're going to ? on Drake for it then Ice Cube and others need to be penalised and stripped of their reps too.

Nosigned cuz none of them artists named claim "top 5 top 5 top 5"
    Other than that, right on

LL Cool J named his album GOAT and popularized the term. But I haven't heard he had ghostwriters. Who ghosted for him?
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    and I actually think Drake dissing Cudi's mental health could be a good thing. Sometimes ? someone off competitively is enough fuel and motivation to get them excited about life again, especially since Cudi was taking shots and seems like a competitive guy.
  • RickyRich
    Options

Drake hangin around em chi ? 2 much
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My post isn't about ghostwriting it's about purists like you trying to dictate whose top 5 based on old principles that aren't relevant anymore. You guys are your own worst enemy. If ? cared about ghostwriting Drake would have lost his career, he sold more albums now than he used to and is even more popular now. Clearly no one cared you just hanging on to your old ass ways and hatred of dude you do this every Drake thread or thread about young rappers.

Says who? You ? ? They aren't old principles, guy. They're the principles. The vocal majority who are still bolstering Drake's sales are casual listeners in the same vein as Eminem's fanbase. They're voice means nothing after said artist is no longer active. And when they are all gone and done with Hip-Hop as one of their many trends, all that will remain are those principles.

The conversation on whether or not ghostwriting is now ok hasnt been decided. It's being waged now, throughout the game as we speak. Your critical mistake is carrying on as if the decision has been made.
    No one is going to strip Ice Cube of having 3 classics, influencing rap, paving the way and being one of the greatest rappers of all time JUST because he had del the funky homosapien write for him, no one will do the same to Snoop either or dispute he's one of the GOAT icons in music period. Only you purists do and man you ? say everyone is a fan just because they don't join bandwagon. ? like you are what's destroying the Reason SMMFH. Yall hate the south and say it's not Hip-Hop, say Kendrick and Cole can never be great because you constantly compare em to Pac or Big or Hov, and want all music to be like the 90s again.

You are mistaken. We already did. On the IC, this debate has ran its round. Cube is not credited as top 5, but NWA as a whole is credited as bolstering the culture, especially towards the mainstream.

As for the rest of that ? ? What in the actual ? are you talkin' about? Cole writes and produces his own music. He is on another stratosphere in terms of talent when compared to Drake, and never have I ever or would I ever slight the ? . Show me the post ? . You full of ? and feelings. While you at it, show me the post in which I've said ? about The South not being Hip-Hop. Blasphemy. I will call select ? like Boosie or Young Thug and the mumble rappers garbage. Never have I ever gone as far as to say that they aren't Hip-Hop. Just ? Hip-Hop. You don't hear a peep from me concerning traditional talent like Isiah Rashad, Cole or the Vet Andre or ? that stay in they're own lane like Rae Sremmurd or even the obscure Awful Records crew.
    If you named who the top 5 rappers out right now, you have to say Drake, Kendrick, J.Cole, and whoever for the other 2. This is undisputed those are the guys of the moment.

Drake has constantly been disputed since the revelations of last summer. Not just on the incubated IC. All over the internet and on media outlets. So no. Your wrong.
    I used Rick Rubin to contrast the changes of a genre and others that's also happening in Hip-Hop. Your nose is too far up your ass to see that tho. Most these new rappers all rap and sing, and rap music IS pop now where tf have you been ? The Weeknd, Drake, Kendrick doing songs with Taylor Swift, the Kardashians, Kanye, love and Hip-Hop, Eminem, 50 Cent, Straight Outta Compton movie I could go on and on. Its not the 90s anymore, you go outside white kids give each other daps and use our terminology, ppl from different cultures dress like us, and all kinds of ? . Rap music is the most popular form of music right now, it is what's dominating the charts and producing the most stars you can't be THAT much of a purist to not understand or see that.

Hip-Hop being the most popular culture does not equate to it meshing into the genre of Pop Music like Taylor Swift. If that were the case, all of our artists would be eating just like these caucasian divas.

tl;dr: None of this ? ? is true, B. You are trying to dictate a narrative that is not done being written. None of those artists you mentioned before are above rap traditions like Drake is now.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    There we go up early to hate .
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So no discussion on the upcoming album, just a bunch of feelings/titan graphs.

People claim to not like drake but the tread is doing numbers for no reason at all
  • RickyRich
    Options

People claim to not like drake but the tread is doing numbers for no reason at all

These ? is undercover fans .
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That SR ? reaching like Michael Jordan on Space Jam.
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited October 2016
    Options
    And I bet your old ass is sitting in front of your mac book right now in a thrasher hoodie and skinny jeans with rainbow dreds trying to act "in".

Do not try to twist my post Sion, that fuckshit isnt gonna work here.

Those 80 million Caucasians did not dickride Pac until the African American community collectively agreed on his greatness. That is the point I'm driving here. Their voice and dollars 9/10 come into play way after the fact. They don't matter when culture and music is being made.
    That ? has 0 to do with purism. It's a facts.

Michael Jackson was a vocalist and overall entertainer who sang and danced. Once again, false equivalency. What exactly is Drake contributing other then his voice and image.

Kanye is getting slandered right now. On all social media outlets. As we speak. Because hypebeast like you bolster his already overinflated image when the music he's produced since sucking his own ? and failing to write or produce his own ? has not been up to par.

Tell me I'm lieing ? . Tell me Kanye's music post Graduation has been exemplary.

And I see you conveniently side skirted my mentioning of the obscure or turn up music like Rae Sremmurd but clung onto my mentioning of Rashad. Corny ass stereotypes. You out here with these assumptions because you believe I'm a 40 year old dunn son in butters and baggy jeans. LOLOLOLOL No.

You wanna know the stark reality you gotta deal with soon? Hip-Hop is a form of counter culture.

The same way these mumble rappers have gained prominence (by being rebellious try hards) is the same way they will fade into obscurity because the pendulum swings. It has already begun. So lets say what your saying is true, and ghostwriting is being accepted as the norm. A few years later, ? , for the sake of being different will begin to rebel against that. And what do you think is going to end up coming back into play?

As for the rest of your ? , save that ? blanket argument.

Hip-Hop being the most popular culture or genre of music does not automatically flail it, as a genre in it's entirety, into the realm of Katy Perry bubblegum pop. You keep trying. Its not working, B.
    Drake himself may have a spot in their world. The rest of our artists are still looked at as outsiders. But you don't have to take my word for it. Do your googles.

@Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Put me back on ignore and stop ? '
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They're part of the machine. That's the hilarious part. Can't help but keep his name in their mouths. Stop giving him the relevance you hate him for having dummies.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My post isn't about ghostwriting it's about purists like you trying to dictate whose top 5 based on old principles that aren't relevant anymore. You guys are your own worst enemy. If ? cared about ghostwriting Drake would have lost his career, he sold more albums now than he used to and is even more popular now. Clearly no one cared you just hanging on to your old ass ways and hatred of dude you do this every Drake thread or thread about young rappers.

Says who? You ? ? They aren't old principles, guy. They're the principles. The vocal majority who are still bolstering Drake's sales are casual listeners in the same vein as Eminem's fanbase. They're voice means nothing after said artist is no longer active. And when they are all gone and done with Hip-Hop as one of their many trends, all that will remain are those principles.

The conversation on whether or not ghostwriting is now ok hasnt been decided. It's being waged now, throughout the game as we speak. Your critical mistake is carrying on as if the decision has been made.
    No one is going to strip Ice Cube of having 3 classics, influencing rap, paving the way and being one of the greatest rappers of all time JUST because he had del the funky homosapien write for him, no one will do the same to Snoop either or dispute he's one of the GOAT icons in music period. Only you purists do and man you ? say everyone is a fan just because they don't join bandwagon. ? like you are what's destroying the Reason SMMFH. Yall hate the south and say it's not Hip-Hop, say Kendrick and Cole can never be great because you constantly compare em to Pac or Big or Hov, and want all music to be like the 90s again.

You are mistaken. We already did. On the IC, this debate has ran its round. Cube is not credited as top 5, but NWA as a whole is credited as bolstering the culture, especially towards the mainstream.

As for the rest of that ? ? What in the actual ? are you talkin' about? Cole writes and produces his own music. He is on another stratosphere in terms of talent when compared to Drake, and never have I ever or would I ever slight the ? . Show me the post ? . You full of ? and feelings. While you at it, show me the post in which I've said ? about The South not being Hip-Hop. Blasphemy. I will call select ? like Boosie or Young Thug and the mumble rappers garbage. Never have I ever gone as far as to say that they aren't Hip-Hop. Just ? Hip-Hop. You don't hear a peep from me concerning traditional talent like Isiah Rashad, Cole or the Vet Andre or ? that stay in they're own lane like Rae Sremmurd or even the obscure Awful Records crew.
    If you named who the top 5 rappers out right now, you have to say Drake, Kendrick, J.Cole, and whoever for the other 2. This is undisputed those are the guys of the moment.

Drake has constantly been disputed since the revelations of last summer. Not just on the incubated IC. All over the internet and on media outlets. So no. Your wrong.
    I used Rick Rubin to contrast the changes of a genre and others that's also happening in Hip-Hop. Your nose is too far up your ass to see that tho. Most these new rappers all rap and sing, and rap music IS pop now where tf have you been ? The Weeknd, Drake, Kendrick doing songs with Taylor Swift, the Kardashians, Kanye, love and Hip-Hop, Eminem, 50 Cent, Straight Outta Compton movie I could go on and on. Its not the 90s anymore, you go outside white kids give each other daps and use our terminology, ppl from different cultures dress like us, and all kinds of ? . Rap music is the most popular form of music right now, it is what's dominating the charts and producing the most stars you can't be THAT much of a purist to not understand or see that.

Hip-Hop being the most popular culture does not equate to it meshing into the genre of Pop Music like Taylor Swift. If that were the case, all of our artists would be eating just like these caucasian divas.

tl;dr: None of this ? ? is true, B. You are trying to dictate a narrative that is not done being written. None of those artists you mentioned before are above rap traditions like Drake is now.

We're using the race card now ? Now you're only reaffirming what I already proved LOLOL - you're a purist. So those same white fans I assume you're alluding to who bought 80+ million if 2Pac's records say that Pac is irrelevant now ? So they dictate Hip-Hop is what you're saying ? SMMFH. All that's left is the music the principles mean nothing to music because music is art at the end of the day and cannot be art or thrive with 101 principles limiting it. It didn't mean ? for Michael Jackson, the temptations, Whitney Houston, or Ice Cube, and it dayum sure won't mean ? to this generation when it's all said and done that's the truth. Music marks time and nobody will care who wrote what 20 years ago when they say "I remember when I was here when Ice Cube dropped Today Was A Good day".

No YOU discredit Ice Cube, he's still one of the greatest rappers of all time and made history. Last I checked @Stew IC Classics vault Ice Cube had several Classics in there. So miss me with that "we already did" ? . You purists don't have a place in Hip-Hop yall are guests for the moment, it shows too. The most influential rapper of the last 15 years is Kanye West and he goes against everything you purists believe and doesn't even pen his own ? . He goes against YOUR principles. Of course you won't discredit Isaiah or Cole they fit that boom bap ? you feel is THE only music SMMFH. Bet you won't accept they're from the South tho, to you Cole is a new Yorker I bet.

Hip-Hop being the most popular culture does not equate to it meshing into the genre of Pop Music

^^^ this needs to be filed in that dumbest posts thread. Hip-Hop today influences fashion, movies, obviously music, art, dance and every form of media or art of this era. I don't think you understand what "pop culture" or "pop music" is... The definition is simple really. When Korean kids have murals of NaS Illmatic on city alley walls, when Drake and ASAP Rocky can sell out shows in Melbourne Australia, when Mariah Carey can STILL be the biggest selling artist in Japan and have streets dedicated to her, when out terminologies are used on CNN or NBC by ppl who are oblivious to where they came from that should tell you that Hip-Hop today is popular culture.

I knew you had your head up your ass but I didn't think it was this bad. I bet you only wear Timberland's and hoodies all year round to every social event LOLOLOLOL. Hey man by all means do you but even you gotta stop and see how ridiculous you sound and look at times.

Yeah that ? Sr on ignore. Gee status. Swear he kicking knowledge tho.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Pac and Biggie to die

What do big and pac death gotta do with Jay owning his own music and telling other ? till you own your own you can't be him???
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers get ? on a daily basis on this forum to the point where I question if you ? like anything at all. so what makes drake any different? That "drake threads doing numbers so y'all must be undercover fans" is ? lol... Do that same logic work when the reason is in Troy ave/Meek Mill /Eminem threads 10 pages deep saying the same tired ? for 2 years or does it just work for Drake cause y'all love that ? ? I'm cool with the fun,games and debates and ? but be consistent
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Rappers get ? on a daily basis on this forum to the point where I question if you ? like anything at all. so what makes drake any different? That "drake threads doing numbers so y'all must be undercover fans" is ? lol... Do that same logic work when the reason is in Troy ave/Meek Mill /Eminem threads 10 pages deep saying the same tired ? for 2 years or does it just work for Drake cause y'all love that ? ? I'm cool with the fun,games and debates and ? but be consistent

You know the same ? is being said in those threads too though
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options

You know the same ? is being said in those threads too though

That ? that hate on Meek, Troy Ave or Em are lowkey Meek, Troy or Em stans?
    I've never seen that thrown around in those threads.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I don't think Jay owned all his masters from jump. That was the main reason him and Dame couldn't agree on the split of Rocafella. Jay said he'd walk away if they let him get the masters to RD and Dame said ? no....