The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    early voted

voted for Johnson

felt great

He would have made a great moderate Republican.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    early voted

voted for Johnson

felt great

perhaps, but i voted for him b/c most of his policies align with my ideologies
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rPEOW13CYc

Foxnews republican civil war has began.........

giphy.gif

its weird that Megyn Kelly has become some sort of likable anti hero in this election cycle.

i think cuz she hasnt attacked trump like they want her too i think since hilary is a woman and trump comments even his beef wit kelly she kinda didnt really pick a side and just reporting and since its fox they dont like that
  • Crude_
    Options
    early voted

voted for Johnson

felt great

perhaps, but i voted for him b/c most of his policies align with my ideologies

He's got some good policies I agree and candidates like him are the future I believe but he's probably to liberal to go mainstream right now.

He's cut from the same ilk as a Bernie Sanders.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Republicans better find a way to reinvent themselves after this election is over if they want to remain relevant in this country outside local races.

They better also find a way to move more moderate and start at least trying to appeal to Blacks, Hispanics, and other non-White Americans.

They keep pushing these fringe candidates like Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachman, etc that only appeal to a certain demographic

The Republicans are like recovering addicts. They know that base isn't good for them but they stick to it until they hit rock bottom (losing the election). Then they say just what you said until it's primary time for the next election. At that point they relapse and go back to the base again.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cazbom5rim07.jpg

Got my vote on. No lines. In and out in 5 minutes

Voted last week. No lines. Filled out my info. Voted. Was out in under 15mins. Loved it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    The Republicans better find a way to reinvent themselves after this election is over if they want to remain relevant in this country outside local races.

They better also find a way to move more moderate and start at least trying to appeal to Blacks, Hispanics, and other non-White Americans.

They keep pushing these fringe candidates like Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachman, etc that only appeal to a certain demographic

They were supposed to do that after the 2012 election. Their so-called autopsy. That s*** didn't last long. I don't see them doing this w/o sacrificin moreally seats in Congress. B/c those fringe supporters would make them pay.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    early voted

voted for Johnson

felt great

Props to you for voting, but bro................

• gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zshibi9nuevi.jpg

Cowards already talkin ? . If that's how they feel tool up now and get it off your chest
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    zshibi9nuevi.jpg

Cowards already talkin ? . If that's how they feel tool up now and get it off your chest

Muthafuccas ain't gonna do s***.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article110546817.html
    Donald Trump promises ‘a new deal for black America’ at Spirit Square

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump promised a “new deal for black America” Wednesday at Charlotte’s Spirit Square.

Speaking to a mostly white audience
    , he talked about launching a new “urban renewal” in America’s inner cities and unlocking the “potential” of the African-American community.

“Here is the promise I make to you whether you vote for me or not, I will be your greatest champion,” he said, addressing the black community.

“We keep electing the same people over and over and they keep coming back to the African-American and the Hispanic community and keep talking about what they’re going to do .… I will never, ever, take the African-American community for granted. Never ever. Unlike Hillary Clinton.”

He also claimed Clinton would start an intervention in Syria “that could lead us into World War III.”

Trump took stage in the McGlohon Theatre shortly before 5 p.m. He is scheduled to hold a 7 p.m. rally in Kinston.

Trump’s appearance came less than two weeks before Election Day and as polls show the presidential race tightening. Democrat Hillary Clinton still leads by 5.6 points nationally, according to Real Clear Politics polling average.

The GOP nominee touched on familiar subjects including immigration, taxes, health care and plans for a $1 trillion investment in national infrastructure.

But he kept returning to another theme that he first addressed during a Charlotte rally in August: how his policies would benefit “the inner cities.”

Speaking a few blocks from where riots followed last month’s police shooting death of Keith Lamont Scott, Trump criticized what he called “uneven justice.” He promised that justice would be applied “fairly and equally and without prejudice” with safe neighborhoods.

“I want every poor African-American child to be able to walk down the street … and not be scared,” he said. “Safety is a civil right. The problem is not the presence of police but the absence of police. … We must work with our police, not against them.”

Trump said his policies on immigration, trade and education all would benefit black Americans. “School choice is the greatest civil rights issue of our time,” he said.

Some black leaders dismissed what he called Trump’s “false promises.”

“It sounds like a desperate last-minute political trick,” said Sen. Joel Ford of Charlotte. “If he was serious,, his organization and the businesses he owns would reflect those values, and African Americans who’ve worked for him over the years would be coming out of the woodwork singing his praises.”

Trump trails Democrat Hillary Clinton by 2 points in Real Clear Politics latest poll average for North Carolina.

Before taking stage, Trump held a roundtable discussion backstage with North Carolina faith and community leaders backstage. Eight African-Americans sat in a horseshoe. Trump told them he’s been accepted well by the black community.

“The response has been unbelievable,” Trump said about enthusiasm from black Americans.

Trump was introduced by Leon Threatt, a Republican running for Congress in the 12th District. He’s bullish about Trump’s chances in North Carolina and across the country.

“I’m pretty confident that he’ll win this thing in a landslide,” Threatt said. “And I think we’ll see something similar across the nation. It’s looking real good. And I think the American people are ready for that.”

Trump appeared in Washington earlier Wednesday for a ribbon-cutting at his new Trump Hotel. At Spirit Square, he was on the same stage where three days before, Chicago’s Second City lampooned both he and Clinton in a performance called “Unelectable You.”

U.S. Rep. Alma Adams, a Charlotte Democrat, criticized Trump in a statement released by the Clinton campaign: “Donald Trump’s campaign is built on a foundation of harmful prejudices and economic policies which only benefit millionaires like himself while leaving hardworking North Carolina families behind.…

“It is clear that the only ticket in this election that values the success of all people in this country is Clinton-Kaine.”

Clinton returns to North Carolina on Thursday for a rally at Wake Forest University with first lady Michelle Obama.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited October 2016
    Options
    early voted

voted for Johnson

felt great

And let's not forget this lil gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3O01EfM5fU
  • Crude_
    Options

They were supposed to do that after the 2012 election. Their so-called autopsy. That s*** didn't last long. I don't see them doing this w/o sacrificin moreally seats in Congress. B/c those fringe supporters would make them pay.

They better adapt or they'll be further left behind.

Ain't nobody fooling with that party outside White gun toting folks who live in rural areas that think "handouts" and "freeloaders" are ruining their great country.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article110546817.html
    Donald Trump promises ‘a new deal for black America’ at Spirit Square

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump promised a “new deal for black America” Wednesday at Charlotte’s Spirit Square.

Speaking to a mostly white audience
    , he talked about launching a new “urban renewal” in America’s inner cities and unlocking the “potential” of the African-American community.

“Here is the promise I make to you whether you vote for me or not, I will be your greatest champion,” he said, addressing the black community.

“We keep electing the same people over and over and they keep coming back to the African-American and the Hispanic community and keep talking about what they’re going to do .… I will never, ever, take the African-American community for granted. Never ever. Unlike Hillary Clinton.”

He also claimed Clinton would start an intervention in Syria “that could lead us into World War III.”

Trump took stage in the McGlohon Theatre shortly before 5 p.m. He is scheduled to hold a 7 p.m. rally in Kinston.

Trump’s appearance came less than two weeks before Election Day and as polls show the presidential race tightening. Democrat Hillary Clinton still leads by 5.6 points nationally, according to Real Clear Politics polling average.

The GOP nominee touched on familiar subjects including immigration, taxes, health care and plans for a $1 trillion investment in national infrastructure.

But he kept returning to another theme that he first addressed during a Charlotte rally in August: how his policies would benefit “the inner cities.”

Speaking a few blocks from where riots followed last month’s police shooting death of Keith Lamont Scott, Trump criticized what he called “uneven justice.” He promised that justice would be applied “fairly and equally and without prejudice” with safe neighborhoods.

“I want every poor African-American child to be able to walk down the street … and not be scared,” he said. “Safety is a civil right. The problem is not the presence of police but the absence of police. … We must work with our police, not against them.”

Trump said his policies on immigration, trade and education all would benefit black Americans. “School choice is the greatest civil rights issue of our time,” he said.

Some black leaders dismissed what he called Trump’s “false promises.”

“It sounds like a desperate last-minute political trick,” said Sen. Joel Ford of Charlotte. “If he was serious,, his organization and the businesses he owns would reflect those values, and African Americans who’ve worked for him over the years would be coming out of the woodwork singing his praises.”

Trump trails Democrat Hillary Clinton by 2 points in Real Clear Politics latest poll average for North Carolina.

Before taking stage, Trump held a roundtable discussion backstage with North Carolina faith and community leaders backstage. Eight African-Americans sat in a horseshoe. Trump told them he’s been accepted well by the black community.

“The response has been unbelievable,” Trump said about enthusiasm from black Americans.

Trump was introduced by Leon Threatt, a Republican running for Congress in the 12th District. He’s bullish about Trump’s chances in North Carolina and across the country.

“I’m pretty confident that he’ll win this thing in a landslide,” Threatt said. “And I think we’ll see something similar across the nation. It’s looking real good. And I think the American people are ready for that.”

Trump appeared in Washington earlier Wednesday for a ribbon-cutting at his new Trump Hotel. At Spirit Square, he was on the same stage where three days before, Chicago’s Second City lampooned both he and Clinton in a performance called “Unelectable You.”

U.S. Rep. Alma Adams, a Charlotte Democrat, criticized Trump in a statement released by the Clinton campaign: “Donald Trump’s campaign is built on a foundation of harmful prejudices and economic policies which only benefit millionaires like himself while leaving hardworking North Carolina families behind.…

“It is clear that the only ticket in this election that values the success of all people in this country is Clinton-Kaine.”

Clinton returns to North Carolina on Thursday for a rally at Wake Forest University with first lady Michelle Obama.

This was actually a great speech. He talked a lot about issues in the Black community and actually gave solutions. Instead of symbolic non concrete proposals like other politicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY7iotp8sBg
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

They better adapt or they'll be further left behind.

Ain't nobody fooling with that party outside White gun toting folks who live in rural areas that think "handouts" and "freeloaders" are ruining their great country.

This is true. But as long as those white gun toting folks are still around, regardless how deminishing they're numbers get, the GOP will still be beholden to them...via...the NRA.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    zshibi9nuevi.jpg

these ? aint gonna do ? , didn't Ted Nugent threaten the president and got that FBI phonecall and has been quiet ever since.

these twitter thumb thugs man.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    i really want the GOP to die

it should be Democrats , Libertarians , Green Party and independents as major parties

but i know coz its about winning so badly one of these parties word court right wing nuts and will entertain their crazy just to secure a victory.

in 2016 those deplorables should not have a voice or a platform at all, should do like the UK who shut the BNP and all the fringe ultra right wing parties down.We don't need to hear any of their ideas at all.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is anybody taking these Wikileaks of emails as the gospel like Fox News are?
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »

not really since mostly consists of her staff talking ? not her personally. My coworker and I talk all types of ? about the bosses and policies of our company. Plus at this point in the game we all know both of these choices are foul how much more "proof" is needed to come to that conclusion? Holla at me when they find some Michelle Obama creepset pics.... respectfully
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Im not really taking them as gospel, but they contain some good information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3U990BmhoQ
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ay y'all

Bill Clinton leveraged his immense popularity to make a lot of money of off speeches.

This is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY important news.

Details of these events have been leaked in an attempt to invoke extreme shock and outrage.

**Demostrates Extreme shock and OUTRAGE!!!!**

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    early voted

voted for Johnson

felt great

this means what exactly

i dont have a fav foreign leader either and got much more important ? to be worried about rather than knowing leaders of other countries/nations
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But your not running for pres---

Nevermind.