The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn! Everyone's up in their feelings today over a racist old white elite not winning the presidency. I'm looking forward to jobs coming back to the working class which means black communites, and no more giving our resources to illegals.

Anyone seen JJ_evans this morning?
    tumblr_static_filename_640_v2_zpskr9kxy5b.gif

Not going to happen that way. Some jobs are already giving potential layoff warnings. Mine included. People mentally incapable of fending for themselves might lose SSI, TANF, & SNAP benefits.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I predicted this in both this thread and the debate thread...

After the last debate...EVERYONE was talking about Trump and nobody was talking about clinton...for pretty much the entire election cycle...yall called me crazy...

But most ppl dont follow these things closely...they only know trump and either will vote for him or against him...more ppl voted for him than for hillary its really that simple...

As far as the black vote...its interesting...if blacks wouldve voted for clinton in the same numbers they did obama...nc, pa, and maybe fl wouldve made it really close...

But the fact of the the matter is that nobody of color i know cared about hillary...i think the general consensus on trump was slight amusement...dont think blacks not voting doesnt matter...we stayed home because we didnt care or trust hillary and we were indifferent or slightly interested or conflicted about trump...

Actually. She won the popular vote
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I-AINT-EVEN-MAD.jpg

Yeah I'm more like "Oh this what we doin? Aight... I guess."
    l7qud0cgjucm.png

Life goes on. Still gotta get up for work at 630am every morning. Bills still gotta be paid babies still gotta eat
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    My point went completely over your head. I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about what happened last night. Those people weren't voting for Trump or Hillary to be their friends. You see Hillary and think she was the lesser evil of the two. The majority of the people in the middle disagree with you. They saw Trump as the lesser evil, so it absolutely was about Hillary. The fact that she was hated is exactly what made Trump so palatable to a lot of people.

I'm not saying Trump winning was good for anyone. I full expect his presidency to be a trainwreck, but some of you are just being silly and misrepresenting how he got elected. That serves no purpose at all.

And once again, I didn't vote. I admit that. I live in MD. MD went blue. Hillary still lost. Again, it's sad that ya'll really don't understand how this ? works.

Wait. You didn't even vote? You're as much of an idiot as Colin Kaepernick is. You have no room to talk.

You "Every Vote Matters" people are funny and stupid, but think what you want. People like you are why Trump is in office.

I voted for Hillary and so did my state.

You didn't vote. You have no room to complain about anything that happens for the next 4 years.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I firmly believe this is all for Pence
  • Guy Gardner
    Guy Gardner Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White folk woke up to troll the internet like that pic of that white kid they said look like black moms on Christmas morning when they said you wasn't getting ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not a far fetched idea. I've thought about that as well
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's old af. He could still have a heart attack before January.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Not a far fetched idea. I've thought about that as well

Trump is 70 years old so he might not even make it to 2 terms.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah that's if Trump gets impeached or if gets a full 8 yr term (scary)
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn! Everyone's up in their feelings today over a racist old white elite not winning the presidency. I'm looking forward to jobs coming back to the working class which means black communites, and no more giving our resources to illegals.

Anyone seen JJ_evans this morning?

More likely THIS is what we will have to look forward to......

Trump: Stop-and-frisk would '"overwhelmingly save"" black and Hispanic lives

Donald Trump is again defending stop-and-frisk policing tactic
    He says it will help save lives
    Melbourne, Florida (CNN)Donald Trump argued Tuesday that the controversial stop-and-frisk policing tactic once employed in New York City is constitutional, adding that it would "overwhelmingly" save African-American and Hispanic lives. The practice, however, has been criticized as racial profiling that unfairly targeted those very minority groups.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    pbf5es6747aq.png

I think the first thing that needs to happen once "45" is gone is that the Electoral College needs to be permanently dismantled.

The principle of it is valid, but I believe the percentages of the votes should be reflected in the Electoral college Votes granted.

There should be no actual Electors involved.

The votes should be automated based on the popular vote of the state.

E.g. -

CA

60% Democractic 33 votes

40% Green Party 22 votes

This would better reflect the will of the people, while accounting for geographic population disparities.

The electoral college system not being perfect is different than implying that it the electoral college system is completely inadequate and renders the popular vote "meaningless".
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

porque...

dime
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She said there will be a female president and hopefully sooner than we think?

uh, wonder what's up her sleeve this time...

she's gonna ? around and get got
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Nah, more than likely it'll be Elizabeth Warren
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

I wonder if Trump still refers to her as Pocahontas
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You didn't vote. You have no room to complain about anything that happens for the next 4 years.

lol ? , get out of here with your toddler logic. Had I voted for Hillary, the outcome would have been exactly the same, so why would I have any more room to complain?

I have the right to complain because I live in this country. But unlike you, I won't sit around and ? about the ? because that won't change anything either.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Warren
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Roy Cooper is about to come through like a hurricane in 2020. You heard it here first.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol ? , get out of here with your toddler logic. Had I voted for Hillary, the outcome would have been exactly the same, so why would I have any more room to complain?

I have the right to complain because I live in this country. But unlike you, I won't sit around and ? about the ? because that won't change anything either.

Exactly. "All votes matter people" have no retort to the bold.

The only logical route to debating that takes some form of "well if you AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU would've went out to vote"... which then completely nukes your argument against the individual.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really got the trembly voice trying to make sense of all this. Gonna see what happens when the initial shock wears down. My question is who got next for either party? Trump killed his competition and ain't no telling who will step up for the Dems.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    damn. Would've been nice to have experienced a liberal supreme court in my life time.

Some tidbits:
    Here’s another way of phrasing that: If you are anywhere between the ages of 0 and 47 years old ― that includes both of this article’s authors ― you have never lived a day of your life with a left-of-center majority in the most powerful institution in the judicial branch of government. That has had a tangible impact on what world you live in.

In ways big and small, the conservative court dominance that began in the late 1960s has meant increasing power for corporations and the rich; decreasing rights for citizens and labor unions; a harsher and more punitive criminal justice system; higher barriers for access to the courts; and the stalling, gutting or full-scale rollback of civil and voting rights.

“The Warren court had made the promotion of equality its central mission ― voting equality, school equality, equality for criminal defendants,” said Columbia law professor Michael Graetz, co-author with Linda Greenhouse of The Burger Court and the Rise of the Judicial Right, released in June. “In the Burger court, equality was no longer terribly important. And a whole series of other values ― local interests, states’ rights, business interests ― took precedence. So you had a transformation in the guiding values of the court due to the Nixon appointments.”

Among other changes to the constitutional landscape, the Burger court struck down and then quickly reauthorized the death penalty, gutted school busing designed to end segregated schools, put important limits on affirmative action policies, and upheld the unequal distribution of public school funding based on property tax lines.