The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Folks are hella depressed here
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol withstand Hilary won the popular vote.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    BedStuy wrote: »
    4 million wasted votes on gary johnson. 4 million yo :smirk:
    So it wouldn't have made a difference if Hillary got even a million of those votes.
    :lol: yeah aight :smirk:
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the real, last night felt like a nightmare, and I honestly don't have ? to say right now. I'm still in shock about our whole situation. ? can't be life
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it wouldn't have made a difference if Hillary got even a million of those votes.

It really wouldn't have and if you fail to understand why you need to educate yourself more on this subject.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It probably wouldn't have. Again, raw numbers don't matter. Hillary beat Trump with the popular vote. So just adding 1 million or even 4 million onto her total wouldn't have necessarily made a difference. You have to look at the points for each state. Trump had such a big gap in some areas that you could have basically given all of Johnson's points to Hillary and she still would have lost the state. And that's assuming that all of Johnson's supporters would have voted for Clinton, which is likely untrue.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    This thread no longer serves a purpose TRUMP WON so it's time we stop crying and get over it for the next 4-8 years i hope we turn away from our political naivete and get to work on improving our individual lives and as a community i hope blacks finally realize that we have to cling together and stop suffering ? and weaklings pushing the

feminist, liberal, leftist agenda and on that note @desertrain10 how has your day been going?????

lol Well of course you'd feel that way. It was basically a win for you.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread no longer serves a purpose TRUMP WON so it's time we stop crying and get over it for the next 4-8 years i hope we turn away from our political naivete and get to work on improving our individual lives and as a community i hope blacks finally realize that we have to cling together and stop suffering ? and weaklings pushing the

feminist, liberal, leftist agenda and on that note @desertrain10 how has your day been going?????

lol Well of course you'd feel that way. It was basically a win for you.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT????
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

It probably wouldn't have. Again, raw numbers don't matter. Hillary beat Trump with the popular vote. So just adding 1 million or even 4 million onto her total wouldn't have necessarily made a difference. You have to look at the points for each state. Trump had such a big gap in some areas that you could have basically given all of Johnson's points to Hillary and she still would have lost the state. And that's assuming that all of Johnson's supporters would have voted for Clinton, which is likely untrue.

Yeah i agree with this...as much as people wanna say she won the popular vote....she should've NEVER lost the electoral college vote...

She lost nc, fl, michigan, wis, and pa...

MInd you these are states either growing minority populations, major urban areas, or deep liberal hotbeds...no reason a strong democratic candidate should lose those in 2016...

But she wasn't a strong candidate...and say what you want about trump but he was on america's tv and phones for everyday for a year
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    - Republican President
    - Republican Senate
    - Republican House
    - Republican Supreme Court
    - Rudy Giuliani and Newt Gingrich in his cabinet
    - Spike in hate crimes
    - More drones, more wars
    - Defunding planned parenthood
    - Restriction of reproductive rights
    - Hispanics will have to keep their papers on them at all times
    - Loss of health coverage for millions of americans
    - Complete reversal in progression towards advancement in new energy technologies
    - Extreme wrong direction for climate change
    - Loss of many rights for millions of women (right to choose, right to free or affordable health care for women for things like mammograms and pap smears that have saved millions of lives)
    - Risk of loss of rights for lgbt community
    - Stop & frisk increases leading to more police killings of minorities
    uproar from many minority groups (muslims, etc) leading to more distress to the country
    - Collapse of global markets (already started)

We gotta go through this for the next four years folks
    deadeye wrote: »

Black people have been going through most of this all along.

It's "other people" who are about to get their respective wake-up calls.

Cmon fam. This is a lazy argument.

Take another look at the bolded. You don't really agree with your statement.

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't leave home without these now

j16ehvnrptab.jpg
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannnnn. I threw my Obama Birth Certificate Mug at the wall.
  • zzombie
    Options
    well at least we can probably say goodbye to ? marriage and no fault abortion
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

White man is a natural ? .

They ain't gon throw away their desires.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Michelle Obama vs Trump 2020?

Nah ? Kanye.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

htew0xlb9ixq.jpg

She would have had to win two or three of those states to have actually won the election. So it's still untrue that you could have just randomly taken a million votes from the third party candidates, given them to Hillary, and assured a win. They would have had to have been distributed correctly. And on top of that, you have to make the assumption that those vote would have gone to Hillary. You can't make that assumption. Again, what people seem to be missing is that a lot of voters hate Hillary. There is a good chance that if those third parties weren't there, the votes would have gone as much or more for Trump as they did for Hillary. So this type of speculation is pointless.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The president elect last name is Trump. That pretty much letting u know right there how the game being played. It's over.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    lol ? , get out of here with your toddler logic. Had I voted for Hillary, the outcome would have been exactly the same, so why would I have any more room to complain?

I have the right to complain because I live in this country. But unlike you, I won't sit around and ? about the ? because that won't change anything either.

You're an idiot because there's millions of you saying "If I had voted, the outcome would've been the same." No, because there's millions of you who didn't vote. If you millions had voted, the outcome would've been different.

That makes you an idiot. And you have no room to complain about anything that President Trump does. You and Colin Kaepernick.
    Thank you. If 50 to 100 people are saying the same thing in multiple states then what does that say? Anyway I'm just enjoying the memes and other "information" that's being spread around.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wow people still don't know how the electoral college works.

Guys there were literally millions of votes in this election that in the end would've been inconsequential to the donkeys and elephants anyway. Wouldn't have made a lick of a difference as far as the presidency is concerned. This isn't hyperbolic rhetoric just simple math.

Those votes only would've mattered of they were all placed within NC, MI. OH, PA, FL and WI collectively. Which was not the case. So stop blaming 3rd party voters who still exercised their right to vote. It's more complex than that.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It really wouldn't have and if you fail to understand why you need to educate yourself more on this subject.

Alrighty then :/ I was reading that a lot of Gary supporters was Bernie supporters
  • zzombie
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

White man is a natural ? .

They ain't gon throw away their desires.

true but religion mitigates their behavior and the disdain people in america have for homosexuality is based on religion