Corona beer founder dies...and makes everyone in his old village a millionaire in his will

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
And even if I die, he's in my will somewhere.....

The founder of Corona beer has left £2m in his will to each resident of the small Spanish village in which he grew up.

Antonino Fernández, who died aged 98 in August, left £169m to the 80 residents of the small village of Cerezales del Condado in north west Spain, The Telegraph reports.

The owner of the only bar in the village, Maximino Sanchez told the Diario de León newspaper: "We never had any money before. I don’t know, what we would have done without Antonino."

Mr Fernández first moved to Mexico in 1949 aged 32 where he started working for the Grupo Modelo brewery.

He rose through the ranks and was in large part responsible for making the company's beers, including Corona, some of the best selling in the world.

He served as the brewery's CEO from 1971 through to 1997.

A noted philanthropist, Mr Fernández established a company in his home province of León which provided jobs for those with disabilities before replicating the same model in the Mexican state of Puebla.

For his charity work, King Juan Carlos of Spain awarded him the Order of Isabella the Catholic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/corona-beer-founder-millionaire-mexico-antonino-fernandez-spaish-village-a7437856.html

Didn't forget where he came from......

Comments

• the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immobilizing yourself vicariously through the people you've laced.

Now that's how you leave a legacy.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props..very inspirational
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP most interesting man in the world
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

i aint dead
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

Thats Dos Equis..... i jus call him Dos.....he good
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could see myself doing something like this if im blessed enough to be able to do so.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the article it stated that he didn't give all his money to the village and that they are not all millionaires. He did leave a lot of money and got a lot of the institutions out of debt though. Either way that's a great thing he did for his home town
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The inflation in that village will be ridiculous.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I helped that happen
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's ? dope man! R.I.P. To old boy. Corona is terrible tho
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    easy to not forget where you came from when the community helps build you.

very easy to forget where you came from when its nothing but fukk boys wanting to live out their scarface dreams.

props to him and his culture.

i bet they wont take the money an try to flip birds with it

Right cause ? is naturally born with the mindset to flip packs and be scarface

Remember ? got they culture stolen from them....and passive aggressive ? like you don't help

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

very easy to forget where you came from when its nothing but fukk boys wanting to live out their scarface dreams.

Remember ? got they culture stolen from them....and passive aggressive ? like you don't help

? we don't want to hear the "we got our culture stolen" excuse anymore . what do you want pity??? No one give a ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

i help more than you think.....i just dont speak about it. there is no need. i let people like you think they know what they are talking about.

but i am also not stupid or blind to what i know my hood would do if i left them all 2mill.

fact of the matter is our community is fukked up and does not promote building and investing in our youth or education or do we celebrate success outside of sports or rap like we should.

i guarantee that man could go back to his old barrio and they welcome him with love and admiration because he made something of himself.

try that ? in North Philly. ? will try to rob you, set you up and find a reason for you to throw it all away. I am a living example and can attest to everything i said.

people tend to not understand the triple edged sword it is being a successful self made black man. they only assume.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so we gonna act like ? dont be trynna to flip they money with they irs returns
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I moved out of that village in June.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice to wake up to some good news every once in awhile

Hate to be a party-pooper but the story is not entirely accurate:
    He may not have made each residents of the of village he grew up an overnight millionaire but the man behind Corona beer has left a lasting legacy in his birthplace.
    Antonio Fernandez, who went on to become the CEO of Grupo Modelo, the brewery company who make the popular beer died a billionaire aged 99 in August.

The 77 residents in the tiny Spanish village of Cerezales del Condado were left perplexed by news articles claiming the billionaire had left each of them a share of his enormous fortune for living in his birthplace.
    Villagers confirmed the fairy tale was not entirely accurate, as he had left the money to his family in his will.

'It's simply not true, unfortunately,' Lucia Alaejos from the Fundación Cerezales Antonino y Cinia told The Local in Spain.
    'It seems someone got the wrong end of the stick and the story has just grown and grown.
    'It's got completely out of hand.'

Although the beer tycoon had no children of his own, he was one of 13 siblings and his fortune has been handed to his extended family.

'Many of them still visit for some months each summer, so it is great for the village and keeps it alive,' Alaejos said, according to The Local.

'But the villagers won't be sharing in that inheritance directly.'

So, villagers may not be rolling in cash overnight, but Fernandez's impact on the place he grew up has outlived him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3968880/Billionaire-founder-Corona-beer-brewery-makes-Spanish-village-grew-MILLIONAIRE-will.html#ixzz4R7QqBu90
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sike ? . You want that bread you better pry it from his cold dead hands boy
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i help more than you think.....i just dont speak about it. there is no need. i let people like you think they know what they are talking about.

but i am also not stupid or blind to what i know my hood would do if i left them all 2mill.

fact of the matter is our community is fukked up and does not promote building and investing in our youth or education or do we celebrate success outside of sports or rap like we should.

i guarantee that man could go back to his old barrio and they welcome him with love and admiration because he made something of himself.

try that ? in North Philly. ? will try to rob you, set you up and find a reason for you to throw it all away. I am a living example and can attest to everything i said.

people tend to not understand the triple edged sword it is being a successful self made black man. they only assume.

So we're now taking anecdotal experiences as fact? When are you going to understand that what you're going through is just that?

What if I told you that you was a victim ass ? on only got picked on and bullied because they sensed weakness? What if I told you, if a RESPECTED ? went back to hood to break bread, there would be nothing but love for sun?

What you go through is not reflective of the community, it's a reflection of SELF.