The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Well ryan Anderson has shown hes not just a catch and shoot player who has some post moves in orlando and jersey if I'm not mistaken

Hes not terrible if hes already near the basket, Im talking about when he gets the ball at the beyond the 3 point line and he cant get a shot off so he decides to try and put the ball on the court and make something happen....That usually doesnt end well.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well ryan Anderson has shown hes not just a catch and shoot player who has some post moves in orlando and jersey if I'm not mistaken

Hes not terrible if hes already near the basket, Im talking about when he gets the ball at the beyond the 3 point line and he cant get a shot off so he decides to try and put the ball on the court and make something happen....That usually doesnt end well.

Ahhh I have not seen a single rockets game because it's been blacked out on my league pass. Luckily the heat play them only twice
  • southsil4lil
    Options

Ahhh I have not seen a single rockets game because it's been blacked out on my league pass. Luckily the heat play them only twice

Dont worry you can watch him get destroyed by Draymond Green and KD on Thursday

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember dweebs on the internet was mad the pels didnt keep Ryno...lol
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Dont get me wrong hes serving his purpose, hes shooting 41% from 3 and keeps the defense honest which opens up the driving lanes for Harden

I just dont like the money we gave him to do that

Eric Gordon has been great though
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That bosh situation gonna be interesting.The heat will waive him in march so he can't join any playoff teams this season and to get the cap space

But if he can play 25 games at any point in the future it could be the 17-18 season his money goes back on the heats books and they'll be ? .That being said I personally think duke should never play, but it's his life and he clearly wants to play.Hypothetically if he's cleared he could sign wit any team he wants for the vet min
  • AP21
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Dont get me wrong hes serving his purpose, hes shooting 41% from 3 and keeps the defense honest which opens up the driving lanes for Harden

I just dont like the money we gave him to do that

Eric Gordon has been great though

i liked Ryno, but he was definitely expendable

I liked Gordon too, but it was clear dude was tired of being in NOLA and wasnt willing to accept the role that was given to him here

glad to see both of em getting those checks tho...just not from a NOLA team lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Owl assigned to the d league for rehab? Only really see that happen in baseball. Maybe he's becoming disruptive. Read he all but demanded a trade. Portland needs to get on that.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sixers tonite

Inb4 stauskas hits 10 3 pointers

steve-austin-WWE-office-chair-entrance-ramp-1405013594C.gif?id=
  • Beta
    Options
    Owl assigned to the d league for rehab? Only really see that happen in baseball. Maybe he's becoming disruptive. Read he all but demanded a trade. Portland needs to get on that.

Who?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    That bosh situation gonna be interesting.The heat will waive him in march so he can't join any playoff teams this season and to get the cap space

But if he can play 25 games at any point in the future it could be the 17-18 season his money goes back on the heats books and they'll be ? .That being said I personally think duke should never play, but it's his life and he clearly wants to play.Hypothetically if he's cleared he could sign wit any team he wants for the vet min

Thomas I thought once like feb 22 or w/e his contract comes off the books because it'll be a year after he was diagnosed? You sure you're right?

And if bosh wants to stupidly play after that point that's on him. It's his choice at the end of the day but

ey1yxqoonzm1.jpg

This can happen
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Thomas I thought once like feb 22 or w/e his contract comes off the books because it'll be a year after he was diagnosed? You sure you're right?

And if bosh wants to stupidly play after that point that's on him. It's his choice at the end of the day but

ey1yxqoonzm1.jpg

This can happen
    Now there are a couple of things worth noting. If Bosh is ever able to play 25 or more games in the NBA, all of his cap money goes back on the HEAT’s salary cap. This is meaningful because Bosh has every intention of trying to play again. Bosh recently hired Rob Pelinka of Landmark Sports to be his new agent, and that wouldn’t happen if Bosh didn’t believe he could play again.

Another part is in waiving Bosh, the HEAT would place him in the free agent pool since no team in the NBA has the cap space to claim his $23.7 million contract. So after clearing the waiver process, Bosh would be free to choose whatever team he’d like to sign with, and there may be more than a few teams willing to sign Bosh at the minimum to get him on their roster and in their medical program to see if he can be salvaged at some point. If Bosh can get off the blood thinning medication, his return to the court could be very quick, as again, he’s in perfect condition physically and has been staying in shape, which could make the situation a little sticky for Miami.If Miami waives Bosh, they have to be mindful of the 25-game number. To gain cap space in July, Bosh can’t play this year, so while the HEAT can opt to waive Bosh on February 9, they may be better suited to wait until mid-March to ensure that Bosh can’t play those 25 games.There are issues there, as Bosh playing next season could push Miami into the luxury tax if his contract comes back on their books after they sign free agents. This is a real possibility if he can get off the medication.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    In an interview with Karizza Sanchez of Complex.com, Iman Shumpert was asked about Phil Jackson‘s “posse” comment regarding LeBron James, and replied that the Knicks president has “always got a comment.” More from Shumpert, who grew up rooting for the Bulls and was traded away from the Knicks by Jackson: “You traded me away from New York, cool. It’s all business, it’s all love, whatever. But I’m a grownup now. You not my hero no more. The Bulls era is gone, Mike is gone, Pippen is gone, you ain’t coaching the Bulls no more. So, I don’t care what you got to say about ’Bron.”

lolll shump also said the cavs "gonna bust the warriors ass" next june too
  • Beta
    Options

ey1yxqoonzm1.jpg

This can happen
    Now there are a couple of things worth noting. If Bosh is ever able to play 25 or more games in the NBA, all of his cap money goes back on the HEAT’s salary cap. This is meaningful because Bosh has every intention of trying to play again. Bosh recently hired Rob Pelinka of Landmark Sports to be his new agent, and that wouldn’t happen if Bosh didn’t believe he could play again.

Another part is in waiving Bosh, the HEAT would place him in the free agent pool since no team in the NBA has the cap space to claim his $23.7 million contract. So after clearing the waiver process, Bosh would be free to choose whatever team he’d like to sign with, and there may be more than a few teams willing to sign Bosh at the minimum to get him on their roster and in their medical program to see if he can be salvaged at some point. If Bosh can get off the blood thinning medication, his return to the court could be very quick, as again, he’s in perfect condition physically and has been staying in shape, which could make the situation a little sticky for Miami.If Miami waives Bosh, they have to be mindful of the 25-game number. To gain cap space in July, Bosh can’t play this year, so while the HEAT can opt to waive Bosh on February 9, they may be better suited to wait until mid-March to ensure that Bosh can’t play those 25 games.There are issues there, as Bosh playing next season could push Miami into the luxury tax if his contract comes back on their books after they sign free agents. This is a real possibility if he can get off the medication.

Ahh okay cool thanks

Hope he just goes away. Start being a magician or w/e weird ? he likes to do
  • Beta
    edited November 2016
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

4sfyk9b3iek9.jpg

I mean, aww man I'm sorry to hear I hope his absence won't affect our team too much
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Knicks before melo trash team that missed the playoffs or got bounced in the 1st round.Knicks wit melo trash team that misses the playoffs or gets bounced in the 1st round they won't do jack this year and can't wait to see the excuses for melo when he flops again this season.

Duke is one of the most overrated players in nba history especially for being a 6'8 "pure scorer"
  • AP21
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

He look like Wade in the air.

Legendary

real ?

before i saw who it was...just quickly strolling down, i legit thought it was wade lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo gotta take a back seat to portzingis when he starts doing more all around the Knicks will improve but the isos will hold yall back
  • Beta
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Melo gotta take a back seat to portzingis when he starts doing more all around the Knicks will improve but the isos will hold yall back

Melo gotta take a back seat to a 2nd year guy who looks like lurch? :# tough break ?