Hiphop is dead-A Decade Later

Options
2»

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    This album title had the south in their feelings.

man there wasn't any body down here thinking about this . why are you up north ? always so concerned with the south?

Jeezy ? on the radio says otherwise
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only Nas album that doesn't have at least one great song. This album is the definition of mediocre.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

man there wasn't any body down here thinking about this . why are you up north ? always so concerned with the south?

luda.jpg

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NIsL_VMCLwA
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7. "Black Republican" (featuring Jay-Z) L.E.S., Wyldfyer 3:45
    THIS IS A ? CLASSIC.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jeezy ? on the radio says otherwise

Oh you ? talking about artist. Y'allmake it sound like ? was in the club,on the block ,riding deep in the whip and on college campuses ? 'and boo-hooing about this petty ? . My sister had the album hell I gave it a listen. Wasn't a i big issue to me.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might get around to listening to this album one of these days.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas has so many great albums it's crazy.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still got the CD I copped the first day.....this album had mad sensitive rappers in a tizzy.....looking at that punk Jeezy
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Listened to this heavily when it came out. Blunt Ashes stays in the rotation.

And Nas had a dope song with Game that had come out month earlier that it seemed like Nas was pushing for a comeback.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ4gOcMzjZ4

you must not have been listening then, southern artists did the marketing for Nas with how much they talked about it in interviews
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anduin wrote: »
    Listened to this heavily when it came out. Blunt Ashes stays in the rotation.

And Nas had a dope song with Game that had come out month earlier that it seemed like Nas was pushing for a comeback.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ4gOcMzjZ4

you must not have been listening then, southern artists did the marketing for Nas with how much they talked about it in interviews

i dont get why southern artist were so upset. Did he throw shade in his lyrics I did t here the album in years I back remind it all I remember is hip hop is dead, black Republican and some song about black Rock n roll and r&b artist like Sam cook and their tragic deaths.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only southern rappers that felt a way were Wayne tip n jeezy, maybe a few others I can't recall. Tbh there were rappers proudly claiming they weren't that hip hop ? whatever that means..

Nas wasn't even the 1st to say it. Gfk said it in an interview around the time SC or PT dropped. 3stax said it on a song on the outkast gh album..
    https://youtu.be/0HxSYRp6OiU
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options

So D4L didn't say anything?? What about Outkast??
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only southern rappers that felt a way were Wayne tip n jeezy, maybe a few others I can't recall. Tbh there were rappers proudly claiming they weren't that hip hop ? whatever that means..

Nas wasn't even the 1st to say it. Gfk said it in an interview around the time SC or PT dropped. 3stax said it on a song on the outkast gh album..
    https://youtu.be/0HxSYRp6OiU

Luda too, that's your 4 biggest selling artists down there
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Big boi was mad !!!
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my first nas album. not a classic but has some classic tracks
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still listen to this ? regularly
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its actually one of my fav Nas albums.

Let There Be Light, Still Dreaming, Blunt Ashes, Can't Forget About You, just so many tremendous cuts
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    'Still Dreaming'... bruh

WTH happened to Kanye?

Some dreams stay dreams, some dreams come true. Dope ass track.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Hip Hop is not dead, people need so shut up and find the music that fits their lane. With the internet that is quite easy. If you don't like mumble rap, drill, or pop turn off the radios and look for your music online or there an app. Tired of you phony philosophical ? complaining about music like its limited to one genre. ? want to change the world through the ego instead of doing the Great Work....smh

The fact that if you don't want to listen to short bus rappers on the radio and have to go online to hear rappers that atleast sounds like they have half a brain cell, just proved one of nas points.

I cosigned you.

However, back in the 80s daytime/top 40 radio didn't play real Hip Hop. They played commercial rap like It Takes Two by Rob Base, Push It by Salt N Pepa, Walk This Way by Run DMC, I Need Love by LL Cool J and U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.

In Boston if you wanted to hear "real Hip Hop" (Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, Kool G Rap and DJ Polo, NWA, Schooly D, Just Ice, Dougie Fresh, Stetsasonic, etc. ) you had to stay up on the weekends and listen to the college radio shows. There's a lot of colleges in Boston so there was usually a rap show on Friday night and another rap show on Saturday night. The thing is the college stations changed their schedule every semester so you had to keep up with what station was doing what (which wasn't that difficult, all you had to do is call the station and ask what time is their rap show).

No one gives a ? what you fools did in Irish land 20 years ago