LMS Debate: Nomad vs Aggyaf: Is home schooling better than a traditional education?

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most common reasons parents opt to homeschool their children are:

* customize or individualize the curriculum and learning environment for each child

* accomplish more academically than in schools,

*use pedagogical approaches other than those typical in institutional schools

* enhance family relationships between children and parents and among siblings

* provide guided and reasoned social interactions with youthful peers and adults

*provide a safer environment for children and youth, because of physical violence, drugs and alcohol, psychological abuse, racism, and improper and unhealthy sexuality associated with institutional schools

* Teach and impart a particular set of values, beliefs, and worldview to children and youth.

My son is homeschooled. His mother is a stay at home parent and she serves as his teacher (as do I when I am home, as my job involves some travel).

K, 1st, and 2nd grade my son was struggling in school. They said he couldn't read, couldn't do this or that, etc. They wanted to hold him back a grade and even talked about putting him in special ed. Why, because y'all don't know how to teach him? It's bad enough that it was 35 kids to one teacher.

Not on my watch. Had a meeting with the principle one day and had my son read, write, and do all of the things they said he couldn't do. The teacher sitting there with the "I ate ass face" because she couldn't explain to the principle why everything she suggested had no bearing or justification. Told them that would be his last year there and we were going to homeschool him. My son is now in 5th grade.

Everything is provided in homeschool. The send you everything you need for each subject, including all science related lab equipment. What they don't send, you would go into the actual school to do. He goes to actual school with other homeschooled kids every Tuesday. My son is thriving under being homeschooled. When he goes to school they put him with the 6th graders as he is bored with the 5th graders. He is teaching a 6th grade class how to code video games y'all and he the only black kid in his class. Now, they want to skip him ahead a grade because he is doing so well.

My son is crazy. He's mad into science and is inventing his own soil to restore dead plants (That's something that's not on most 10 year old's minds).

We are thinking of home schooling him until high school, though nothing is set in stone. It's all dependent upon his progress, among other variables.

Oh, he is very active in the community, he trains in Karate 3 times a week, and enjoys public speaking. His confidence and social life are sky high. It's been a pleasure watching him evolve.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    And where the ? was my teammates?!

Most of em lost....

What's the overall score of this ? after this debate? Anybody keeping up with that ? besides @2stepz_ahead ?

As of now we're only up by 1

Damn, really? I thought it was tied or we were up. I remember my opponent got washed, kai was laundered, Aggy just got hit with the fluff and fold, whoever Gabi debated got put on spin cycle. That's 4 right there. So we had 9 debates already?

Guess I ain't been paying attention. Only victories I can remember from you guys are you and zombie's ? ass. I know there are more, I just don't remember. Who was @yellowtapesport debating in the first round?

Figo won his debate too. It was tie up until my debate and Paprika beating b'mor 3-0 put us up by 2.

Yellowtapesport got swept by Lemzola. 2stepz gave captain's two lives so Yellow subbed for Obfresh and got washed again.

Lol @ you throwing shots. You couldn't find another way to word that ? , my ? ?

Aye you called zzombie "? ass" LOLOLOLOOLLLL !!!

The disreespeck would not go unanswered !!!

Yeah, I feel you. I guess both statements are true. Yellow did get washed twice (really like 1.5 times) and Zombie is definitely a ? ? .

I'll allow it.
  • Mastery
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The best part is I get to correct the inaccuracies in the books they send home and tell him the real. He knows what he needs to know about the curriculum but he also knows the truth.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most of em lost....

What's the overall score of this ? after this debate? Anybody keeping up with that ? besides @2stepz_ahead ?

Damn, really? I thought it was tied or we were up. I remember my opponent got washed, kai was laundered, Aggy just got hit with the fluff and fold, whoever Gabi debated got put on spin cycle. That's 4 right there. So we had 9 debates already?

Guess I ain't been paying attention. Only victories I can remember from you guys are you and zombie's ? ass. I know there are more, I just don't remember. Who was @yellowtapesport debating in the first round?

Figo won his debate too. It was tie up until my debate and Paprika beating b'mor 3-0 put us up by 2.

Yellowtapesport got swept by Lemzola. 2stepz gave captain's two lives so Yellow subbed for Obfresh and got washed again.

this ? the dumbest smart ? i know...

But lemme say some ? and I'm taking the ? too seriously...

? literally typed a dissertation lmao foh
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    @Sion

'still workin ? still typin...'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agNtIgrB-2k

still typin...
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

* customize or individualize the curriculum and learning environment for each child

* provide guided and reasoned social interactions with youthful peers and adults

*provide a safer environment for children and youth, because of physical violence, drugs and alcohol, psychological abuse, racism, and improper and unhealthy sexuality associated with institutional schools

* Teach and impart a particular set of values, beliefs, and worldview to children and youth.

My son is homeschooled. His mother is a stay at home parent and she serves as his teacher (as do I when I am home, as my job involves some travel).

K, 1st, and 2nd grade my son was struggling in school. They said he couldn't read, couldn't do this or that, etc. They wanted to hold him back a grade and even talked about putting him in special ed. Why, because y'all don't know how to teach him? It's bad enough that it was 35 kids to one teacher.

Not on my watch. Had a meeting with the principle one day and had my son read, write, and do all of the things they said he couldn't do. The teacher sitting there with the "I ate ass face" because she couldn't explain to the principle why everything she suggested had no bearing or justification. Told them that would be his last year there and we were going to homeschool him. My son is now in 5th grade.

Everything is provided in homeschool. The send you everything you need for each subject, including all science related lab equipment. What they don't send, you would go into the actual school to do. He goes to actual school with other homeschooled kids every Tuesday. My son is thriving under being homeschooled. When he goes to school they put him with the 6th graders as he is bored with the 5th graders. He is teaching a 6th grade class how to code video games y'all and he the only black kid in his class. Now, they want to skip him ahead a grade because he is doing so well.

My son is crazy. He's mad into science and is inventing his own soil to restore dead plants (That's something that's not on most 10 year old's minds).

We are thinking of home schooling him until high school, though nothing is set in stone. It's all dependent upon his progress, among other variables.

Oh, he is very active in the community, he trains in Karate 3 times a week, and enjoys public speaking. His confidence and social life are sky high. It's been a pleasure watching him evolve.

Props fam, I honestly didnt know ? about home schooling, always thought it was for oddballs/outkasts but since I have a son of my own wifey and I will have to seriously consider all the options..
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But wait a min people, ? @2stepz_ahead ,obviously Mastery wasnt fit to judge this topic, bro is pro homeschooling af..plus all murican judges?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

Speaking for myself...this was the first debate where both opponent's were coming with it from the opening arguments. I'm glad there was no cheerleading (I POSTED A 'MURICA PIC THO SO I DID MY PART) this time. I could sit back and watch (read) the greatness. Neither one of yall needed help.

Proves that whenever a debate is allowed to go the full 5 rounds, MERICA comes through.
  • Mastery
    edited December 2016
    Options
    But wait a min people, ? @2stepz_ahead ,obviously Mastery wasnt fit to judge this topic, bro is pro homeschooling af..plus all murican judges?

I brought this up to @2stepz_ahead ahead of time. I tried to recuse myself but he was confident I could remain neutral based soley on their arguments, and he is correct. I assure you, my vote is neutral and based only on the strength of their arguments. I actually gave it to Aggy my first read. 2nd time I gave it to Nomad. Third read, I thought Nomad squeeked by with the W. Nomad was blending offense with defense. I felt that while Aggy was playing some offense, he was too busy playing defense (in trying to rebuttal everything without forcefully making the case for his stance).
  • yellowtapesport
    edited December 2016
    Options

I been wit U bro...just str8 reactions. Two Ls humbled a ? LOL

and @BOSSExcellence been the 'hype-man' for team USA he just been MIA

that ? like Flava Flav..u don't appreciate him till he gone lmao

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I appreciate the judges detailed responses.

AggyAF was a good opponent.

Mastery, I hope your son grows up to do major things in this world.

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the point is alot of people are pro some ? ....

an where were the world people when I asked for judges?

an the world won as much as the americans...so what the judging got to do with anything.
  • Mastery
    Options

the point is alot of people are pro some ? ....

an where were the world people when I asked for judges?

an the world won as much as the americans...so what the judging got to do with anything.

2ga94xzc4o3t.gif
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If all the judges are American then we need to change that because clearly there will be biases
  • zzombie
    Options

Most of em lost....

this ? the dumbest smart ? i know...

But lemme say some ? and I'm taking the ? too seriously...

? literally typed a dissertation lmao foh

That ? has less testosterone than a 12 year old girl
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sorry fam..

im out in AZ bein a thot..
    i left my PimPn in LV! :joy: :joy:

i did jus come in here to check on u tho!!

'MERICA!
  • CapitalB
    edited December 2016
    Options

Most of em lost....

i smashed that Chitlin too like my Chiefs smashed his Raiders..
    so thats 5 for us right there..

*goes back to catchin up*
  • CapitalB
    Options

I been wit U bro...just str8 reactions. Two Ls humbled a ? LOL

and @BOSSExcellence been the 'hype-man' for team USA he just been MIA

that ? like Flava Flav..u don't appreciate him till he gone lmao

AyeCaptain.gif
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    If all the judges are American then we need to change that because clearly there will be biases

LMFAOOOOO I'm not gettin paid enough for this ? to be biased.
  • CSOPQ
    CSOPQ Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

There's a lot of misconceptions about homeschooling. We homeschooled my oldest daughter until this year, her freshman year in hs and she has absolutely flourished in all aspects. We put her in public school in the 3rd grade and she was at a 6th grade level. She was so bored.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

What judges opinions did you disagree with because there was bias?

They've done a good job this far and even go out of their way to explain why they voted the way they did.

If there's been no issues there's no reason to change it.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

lol df is you talkin bout ? ? Isn't world winning 5-4?
  • zzombie
    Options

What judges opinions did you disagree with because there was bias?

They've done a good job this far and even go out of their way to explain why they voted the way they did.

If there's been no issues there's no reason to change it.

To be honest I only really paid attention to my debate and this one. But a debate series that's america vs the world really shouldn't have all American judges.

If you guys don't want to change it that's okay but this will throw a possible shade on the whole thing