Dr Umar Johnson coming for Sara Suten Seti soul

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not a follower of his, but I don't understand the skepticism about this brother's education. Why are people skeptical? Is is that he doesn't "act like a PhD," or doesn't sound like one?

Who cares about his education.. that the least of all of it.. he exposed himself 11 phd's wont change that.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not a follower of his, but I don't understand the skepticism about this brother's education. Why are people skeptical? Is is that he doesn't "act like a PhD," or doesn't sound like one?

Who cares about his education.. that the least of all of it.. he exposed himself 11 phd's wont change that.

You are missing the point. It seems to me that the skepticism about his education is unfounded. The question then is: why? There may be troubling reasons why people are skeptical. So it's worth talking about.

That said, I was never a follower, and this video is an extremely bad look.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

People are nuts real talk.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are missing the point. It seems to me that the skepticism about his education is unfounded. The question then is: why? There may be troubling reasons why people are skeptical. So it's worth talking about.

the skepticism is because he never provided proof. Umar Johnson was not born Umar Johnson. He was born Jermaine Shoemake or something. So people don't know if they are suppose to look for stuff under umar or Jermaine. the next problem is the middle initial. there is an umar r Johnson and then there is umar Johnson. umar r. Johnson has a ph d. he doesn't use the r. and he doesn't claim the work of umar r. Abdullah Johnson. the final part is stuff like the below. it is an excerpt from an interview. Umar speaks about his whole educational life and then he just stops when it gets to his PhD. the interview is from 2015. umar r. Johnson had his phd then.

http://kentakepage.com/interview-with-dr-umar-johnson/

So I went back, came out in the year 2000 with my Masters in school psychology 2 days before my 25th birthday- I’ll be 40 on August the 21st, ? willing- so it’s been about 15 years as a school psychologist. I went back to the school district of Philadelphia, worked in the same schools I grew up in and that’s when I came face to face with the school to prison pipeline in the form of special education and ADHD.”

They call him Dr. Umar Johnson in the interview but he never mentioned getting his doctorate degree. he mentions his undergrad and his masters.

He could have his doctorate but I think at this point his failure to clear stuff up says a lot about his character. it would only take a 5 min youtube vid. I mean his degrees should be on his damn wall. take a pic of the ? and shut the world up.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the skepticism is because he never provided proof. Umar Johnson was not born Umar Johnson. He was born Jermaine Shoemake or something. So people don't know if they are suppose to look for stuff under umar or Jermaine. the next problem is the middle initial. there is an umar r Johnson and then there is umar Johnson. umar r. Johnson has a ph d. he doesn't use the r. and he doesn't claim the work of umar r. Abdullah Johnson. the final part is stuff like the below. it is an excerpt from an interview. Umar speaks about his whole educational life and then he just stops when it gets to his PhD. the interview is from 2015. umar r. Johnson had his phd then.

So I went back, came out in the year 2000 with my Masters in school psychology 2 days before my 25th birthday- I’ll be 40 on August the 21st, ? willing- so it’s been about 15 years as a school psychologist. I went back to the school district of Philadelphia, worked in the same schools I grew up in and that’s when I came face to face with the school to prison pipeline in the form of special education and ADHD.”

They call him Dr. Umar Johnson in the interview but he never mentioned getting his doctorate degree. he mentions his undergrad and his masters.

He could have his doctorate but I think at this point his failure to clear stuff up says a lot about his character. it would only take a 5 min youtube vid. I mean his degrees should be on his damn wall. take a pic of the ? and shut the world up.

None of this is a good reason to be skeptical.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It´s because he´s black.
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

why not? I mean the easiest question for him to answer is what is ur name? he wont give an answer to that. ? is strange as hell.

what is a good reason to be skeptical
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

How about the fact that he's taken .5 Million dollars in donations and intends to teach children?

You have the right to be skeptical of any person who does the above, calls themselves a "Doctor" or "Prince," and believes that their history-motive-actions should go without question.

The way he has responded to questions and criticism is problematic at best. Does that make him a fraud? No! But, it does warrant skepticism.
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

It´s because he´s black.

C'mon dude black folks get degrees all the time. its not hard to believe he is actually Dr. Umar R. Johnson. the point is why cant u prove it? i mean more folks might actually support him if they feel he is not hustling them. providing his credentials would be a huge step.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

He does not act or sound like he has a PhD.....

Much of his oratory is filled with incredible assumptions surrounded in facts.....

In other words, he spits some real ? riddled with made-up ? ......

I don't follow him like that, but every one of his videos I see has some type of historical inaccuracy......

This is a problem,

Especially when he bases the strength of his arguments on his PhD and "published" work......

http://afrikan-resistance.blogspot.com/2015/12/evidence-and-facts-vs-fraud-and.htmlp

I understand that most people don't care about the "white mans education".....

But, as a renegade teacher & scholar....

I can say that anyone that has worked in public schools should have a solid paper trail......

PhD's & Masters dissertations are on file at the library of congress.....

The fact that there is a discrepancy is more than enough reason to be skeptic about dudes claims......

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

How about the fact that he's taken .5 Million dollars in donations and intends to teach children?

You have the right to be skeptical of any person who does the above, calls themselves a "Doctor" or "Prince," and believes that their history-motive-actions should go without question.

The way he has responded to questions and criticism is problematic at best. Does that make him a fraud? No! But, it does warrant skepticism.

I don't think it's actually reached 5 million yet
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »

I don't think it's actually reached 5 million yet

There is a decimal before the 5 there. But, I could see how that might not be clear. To my knowledge he has only received one half of one million dollars.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a Vlad interview where he seems to give a full description of his educational background. It might be the clip with the title about ? , I'm not sure. If you're gonna be on dudes head, y'all should start fact checking on that.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-lga3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15740846_1858702561072655_2556385094103916243_n.png?oh=340a84d226186bc595e07c595b715835&oe=58E51FD8[/img]
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-lga3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15726876_10100225894188204_4168874899055642352_n.jpg?oh=73ae2ef204b116b1bafc108aad70ac5b&oe=58E6399C[/img]
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlMngU0IUAExvVJ-576x1024.jpg
    The General reports to the Prince ? !!!
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why conscious miggas out here having rap beef?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ? want to be white so bad....when were our scholars supposed to be docile or passive?? Not have personality, or swavor....tighten up man....not every scholar is a square ....a lot of our people scholars includdd come from the same area as rappers same environment with the same experiences so of course there will be some similarity in personality

But the wwf ? gotta stop....it's more important things to do....if somebody threaten you that's different but this is some I'm the leader no I'm the leader ? ...
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's ? up to see all these hotepians beefing with each other
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    ? want to be white so bad....when were our scholars supposed to be docile or passive?? Not have personality, or swavor....tighten up man....not every scholar is a square ....a lot of our people scholars includdd come from the same area as rappers same environment with the same experiences so of course there will be some similarity in personality

But the wwf ? gotta stop....it's more important things to do....if somebody threaten you that's different but this is some I'm the leader no I'm the leader ? ...
    "The WWF ? has got to stop" That's all that matters. I don't care about their personalities, I care that these ? are out here cutting WWF promos on each other and acting like they're really about to meet in the streets. You can't preach empowerment and "stay woke" and whatnot and then be out here doing this dumb ? . It makes people not take you seriously.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

I don't really understand the significance of your post. No one is criticizing these guys for having swagger. They are being criticized for being full of ? at times and the WWF ? that you yourself say needs to stop.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finally came across the original video of Dr. Umar that started this. I gotta admit it is kind of cocky and arrogant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqzRUZGDlKQ
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly was getting out of hand and with whom?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    What exactly was getting out of hand and with whom?

Seti and Young Pharoah (or just Young Paroah?) was supposed to debate somebody (Amen Ra squad ?) in NY, organized by Sa Neter. The debate fell out, allegedly over a shady contract that would have given Sa Neter the rights to all of the intellectual property of the debater's (Young Pharoah) work, fined him $500 for each time he cursed, not payed for his travel or lodging, etc...

Seti and Pharoah still came to NY on the day of, and was going to have a different event but allegedly Sa Neter ? up the other event by various means including calling cops and goons. In the midst, various entertaining and inflammatory YouTube videos were dropped (some removed) going back at each other and their mothers.