Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anything okada would b more deserving
    Omega ain't ?

ok now yall just on some ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rainmaker okada was on the radar along with Nakamura for years, y'all never said Omega should go to wwe until 3 days ago, stop
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The sad thing is the raw vs smackdown survivor series match was basically the blueprint for okada vs omega but weeabos and marks alike quickly forget.

It was a dope match but chill, it ain't change a thing. I HIGHLY doubt the WM main event will be anything short of what it was already planned to be a solid 30, 35 minutes if that.

NJPW has a different audience than WWE and I'd be a monkey's uncle if they mimic NJPW for their show.

• jono
    Options
    Its also weird that we do this dance every year. WK gets 4.5 stars for every match (via Meltzer) its lauded as the best event of all time, the best match of time just happened then by June nobody is following NJPW anymore and its all lost to history.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    here come the fanboys with their panties in a bunch...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “A whole bunch of people in WWE creative,” said Bryan Alvarez, “all watched the Kenny Omega versus Kazuchika Okada match. And the idea today is, now, they want a great main event for WrestleMania.”

lol shouldn't this be the goal every year?
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Its also weird that we do this dance every year. WK gets 4.5 stars for every match (via Meltzer) its lauded as the best event of all time, the best match of time just happened then by June nobody is following NJPW anymore and its all lost to history.

Well before i got the hand of watching NJPW and where to look i was always interested but its just alot harder to keep up with compared to the ? we get on our tv like WWE and ROH(which is also kind of hard unless you just download episodes). It comes and goes because its just difficult to follow but doesnt mean ? .
    And yeah every year they raise the bar on match quality, least year we all praised Naka and AJ but i wouldnt say that match was in the top 20 GOAT ever but Omega and Okada def is.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rainmaker okada was on the radar along with Nakamura for years, y'all never said Omega should go to wwe until 3 days ago, stop

Quite a few of us been saying this whole year Omega should go to WWE...and those who want him now obviously became a new fan after that match so i dont get the fuss.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    “A whole bunch of people in WWE creative,” said Bryan Alvarez, “all watched the Kenny Omega versus Kazuchika Okada match. And the idea today is, now, they want a great main event for WrestleMania.”

lol shouldn't this be the goal every year?

for the past 2 years the only goal has been make Reigns look strong
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

Quite a few of us been saying this whole year Omega should go to WWE...and those who want him now obviously became a new fan after that match so i dont get the fuss.

Not hating on the guy or taking from the match just saying let's not act like he's sting or AJ styles or even Bobby roode, out of rainmaker n Omega, if anyone got a major push/deal it's rainmaker. Seems like folks saying that about Omega are just now doin so when rainmaker been had a buzz just off his entrance
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-lax3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/15940356_10154890079751950_5431002538600114355_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=db5677530bcabee9748decc2fbd2921a&oe=58DE4A8B[/img]
  • jono
    Options
    Jesus H Christ. Wtf...wtf lol
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasted potential smh.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Okada is slept on because he aint the white guy but hes been in more 5 star matches than anyone in the last 5 years with only Nakamura, Tanashi and Ibushi coming close or equal, and definitely the most in the past year and half.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

Not hating on the guy or taking from the match just saying let's not act like he's sting or AJ styles or even Bobby roode, out of rainmaker n Omega, if anyone got a major push/deal it's rainmaker. Seems like folks saying that about Omega are just now doin so when rainmaker been had a buzz just off his entrance

I been saying Kenny Omega for a minute bro. Hes the 2017 updated version of Brian Pillman to the T. Mic wise, character and moves. Just doesnt have his voice, but Okada is overlooked. It takes two guys to make a classic match.

I still say Ibushi is my favorite tho in ring wise.

Omegas mouthpiece I think puts him above Okada im America tho.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »

I mean nobody follows Big KRIT after two weeks of his release so whats your point? Its a popularity contest? The G1 Tournaments were holding the middle of 2016 down anyhow and thats when Kenny was starting to shine anyhow.

Most people on the IC complain and follow whoever is on top and has the most mainstream hype in America, I dont see your point in implying thats all that matters.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Samoa Joe has been a hot topic as a potential main roster call up this month within WWE. The idea right now is that he will possibly be a surprise entrant in The Rumble, but that could always change.

Joe was said to be recently banged up last month, but it now appears that he is all healed up as he worked last Thursday’s NXT tapings in a dark match. It’s also worth noting that Joe hasn’t been a regular on NXT television and really doesn’t have a storyline on that brand. This is another indication that he will be called up soon.

It’s been rumored for the past several months now that once Joe ends his feud with Nakamura, that he would be headed to the main roster. It’s also said that when he does make his debut, he will most-likely be on the SmackDown brand.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh oh

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Uh oh

Same time last year, he posted aj styles
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Where can I watch these matches that ya talking bout?
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Kenny Omega: “I Would Rather Be the Legend That Never Stepped Foot in WWE”

Written on 01/04/2017
    Derek Stoughton

New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Kenny Omega was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated as a part of their “Extra Mustard” series. He had some very interesting and perhaps controversial comments as a part of the interview; most of them discussing his feelings on ever going to WWE.
    Omega has made quite a name for himself on the independent scene; most notably for New Japan Pro Wrestling. He feels that many people judge him simply because he does not compete for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world.

“Since I’m not in WWE, some people think I’m not even in their league,” said Omega. “It’s easy for me to tune those people out because they have no idea what they’re talking about.”

If there’s one thing that Omega has plenty of, it’s confidence. He is convinced that he does not need WWE to establish himself as one of the greatest superstars of all time.

“I would rather be the legend that never stepped foot in WWE but was better than every single one of them and did something that none of those guys could do in their prime or could ever do if they left WWE and tried,” he said. “AJ is the closest guy who could do it, but I’m talking about their roster as a whole. It’s just not going to happen. That’s not just me saying that because I’m a cocky ? . That’s me saying it as a challenge because I’m pushing the barrier every single day. I’ll take all my matches against WWE’s best matches, I’ll put it up against Ring of Honor’s best matches, or whatever promotion you want, and I guarantee people will be more entertained with my matches than theirs.”

But what was the moment that changed it all for Omega?

“My career changed instantaneously with the announcement of Shinsuke, AJ, Gallows, and Machine Gun leaving in the blink of an eye,” said Omega. “I went from being a junior—and probably set to be Kushida’s arch-nemesis until the cows came home—to suddenly being vaulted into the heavyweight title picture for the Intercontinental championship.”

Omega also discusses his vision for NJPW, his goal for Wrestle Kingdom 11, and more.

It should be noted that Omega truly feels that WWE has created a monopoly in the professional wrestling market.
    Lol ok. Omega is the master at working WWE fans...
  • KillaCham
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

It was announced at tonight’s WWE NXT tapings that Asuka will defend the NXT Women’s Title in a Fatal 4 Way against Nikki Cross, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce at the “Takeover: San Antonio” event on January 28th during Royal Rumble weekend. It was also announced that Eric Young will go up against Tye Dillinger.

Below is the updated Takeover card:

NXT Title Match
    Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

NXT Tag Team Title Match
    The Authors of Pain vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa

Fatal 4 Way for the NXT Women’s Title
    Peyton Royce vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Asuka

Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger
    That fatal 4 way is prob gonna be a mess but the rest of the card looks good. Roode has really been showing out lately.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Some of these so called experts think Jericho is an early favorite to win it. I dont think he needs it but I guess it would be cool.
    That's one of the last things in WWE he hasn't done but ehh that time has passed