Law Of Attraction?

Options

Comments

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so youre saying i should say in the morning," i have a beautiful woman to wake up to today!" or something like that? im just trying to figure this out cause a bro is loooooonnnnneeelllllyyyyy. and i dig the single guy analogy even though when i did have a girl i still didnt have woman flockin over me......damn.....i need help. could you mold me? would you mold meeeeee????
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    make sure he got a damn fireplace....lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    an try to be more confident..

? I ain't the cutest ? ....but I can pull a beauty with my goofy confidence.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reesey wrote: »
    I have followed "New Thought", Law of Attraction etc for many years.

Here are a few books that may assist with your questions and/or gathering additional information.
    1. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles.
    2. The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
    3. Abundance NOW by Lisa Nichols
    4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
    5. Thoughts are Things by Prentice Mulford
    6. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
    7. Phenomenology of the Spirit by G.W.F Hegel. - This book can be laborious to read. I wouldn't recommend it for the new reader, as it may leave you with more questions than answers. But once you have gained a better understanding, perhaps you can have a look see.

I legit just copped ALL these books.

Word?

Bet... lemme know which one we are reading King. I have no problems rereading them. Perhaps we should start a book club. Hangouts vid or Tinychat or something.

We do the vids for less, may as well utilize them for more positive purposes.

I'm with it. Literally put in the order on Amazon for them all. I think I want to start with The Master Key System. My homie has the Secret and I've skimmed through a few pages and it has great stuff in there.

The book club idea is dope hopefully more people want to make it happen.
  • LateToDaParty
    LateToDaParty Members Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been doing this for the last couple of months and I can say it's working wonders already. Me and my granny was talking bout this on Christmas Day and I didn't know what to call it. Preciate the jewels @2stepz_ahead. And the book suggestions Ms. @Reesey salute to both y'all
  • Reesey
    Reesey Members Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to try and create a group. Which Avenue would you prefer?

Tinychat
    Hangouts -Google
    OR any other suggestions?

Which book would you all like to begin with? Or myself and @2stepz_ahead can choose if you'd like.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I think kik only uses email so your personal won't be out there like that.

so create a new one an join the kik positivity group.

y'all see what I did there?

I laugh at myself...lol @2stepz_ahead
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hardly ever use that WhatsApp so we can work with that.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • LateToDaParty
    LateToDaParty Members Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You both are vets on the site so I'm comfortable with either one of ya to choose the format
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still trying to get answers. they say the game is to be sold not told but i need to be told or die alone
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Change the way you talk to yourself. For example instead of saying "I have problems" Say "I have solutions" Or "I have lessons to learn" Change the way you program your subconscious

i like this fam
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I don't subscribe to it. That's another form of Karma, which I also don't believe in. You can influence your situations for the better or worse, YES, that's a fact BUT the world also can and will respond as it chooses.

How many preachers have been preaching this and the people not Christians & Christians blast them for prosperity preaching?
    How many INSPIRATIONAL get rich public speakers tour on this very theory?

I have a friend now who has believed whole heartedly in this for 2 years dedicated to it. He's one of the most positive people I know. I've had to pay his rent twice bc he has a wife and kids and I ain't want him or them to go hungry.
    Before he got fired from his job he was also one of the happiest people I knew.
    I've tried finding him over 15 jobs he couldn't get. He has a Master's Degree and has been unemployed for a year and a few months. He keeps saying it's the best thing that ever happened to him and then talks about how he can't feed his children and how they got kicked out the house and his cell phone was cut off and now he has to home school his kid because they can't afford public school without the child being ridiculed.
    He keeps talking positivity on a gullible naive level and really that ? 's getting on my nerves. It's not realistic and I'm wondering if he's delusional. Sometimes just acknowledge reality BUT hey if it works for him.....what can I say besides I don't believe in it.
    Also he keeps saying have you heard about this book called THE SECRET and how he believes in it. And how he knows something big is coming around the corner for him and that this current position he is in financially is only temporary.

Also: before he got fired from his job he saw a psychiatrist and was telling me everything is great.
    Sometimes I say just ignore the "everything is great. Beautiful. Other people have it worst than me. I don't ever complain. Everything is positive." You'll end up in a nuthouse wondering why everyone else is able to cope with their problems WHILE you ignored or tried to false positive your way into a delusional world that doesn't exist but you wanted it to exist.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So one person makes the law invalid? Sounds like he isn't coming to terms with his reality and not taking action towards his goals. Number 2 his book isn't finished.

Do nothing and think everything will be great isn't law of attraction. At least his mind state is positive could be the other way and just be homeless.
  • luke1733
    edited January 2017
    Options
    So one person makes the law invalid? Sounds like he isn't coming to terms with his reality and not taking action towards his goals. Number 2 his book isn't finished.

Do nothing and think everything will be great isn't law of attraction. At least his mind state is positive could be the other way and just be homeless.

One person ain't gonna disprove it. Maybe going from country to country examining billions of people with the same story will. I'm sure positive thinking is better than negative. I'm never against that or arguing that. If you work hard toward something then typically discipline breeds success. However, just your positive thinking isn't the only energy at work. Many people like Trump think negative and succeed. Many people like myself who make plans and pray and prepare for the worst and will speak of the bad as well as the good succeed. Those people I enjoy the most who can cry when they are hurt and honestly communicate when they are happy or when things are just normal and are observing a situation critically.
    Education, discipline,attitude (which you are calling positivity) and opportunities help drive laws of attraction.
    Depending on what you possess versus what you need to receive to get something you are trying to achieve-- has A GREAT deal of influencing what will happen.
    If you are around a critical thinking group then you will NOT succeed with only positivity.
    IF you are positive and can't produce results on a performance based job that is grading your accuracy then you will not attract positivity. If there is a tragedy and you are positive then you'll look like an idiot and contribute to negativity by getting on everyone's damn nerves.
    POSITIVITY VS INCOMPETENCE
    Can you be positive all the time and remain completely honest and realistic?
    Basically are you fake or not?
    Just because your positive doesn't mean your negative or neutral. You can just make comments about situations on the way they appear realistic from any perspective.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I have followed "New Thought", Law of Attraction etc for many years.

Here are a few books that may assist with your questions and/or gathering additional information.
    1. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles.
    2. The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
    3. Abundance NOW by Lisa Nichols
    4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
    5. Thoughts are Things by Prentice Mulford
    6. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
    7. Phenomenology of the Spirit by G.W.F Hegel. - This book can be laborious to read. I wouldn't recommend it for the new reader, as it may leave you with more questions than answers. But once you have gained a better understanding, perhaps you can have a look see.

@Reesey I can't remember do I have this book or not but if not then I was about to buy this book about a year ago. I might have to add this to me repertoire since you dropped it

...overrated
  • Reesey
    Reesey Members Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol. . What's funny is that, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not, it still works either way.

Remain negative and negative will remain.

The debate of right or wrong is futile. Do what makes you happy.. that's it at ALL TIMES. think positive! That's it!! Believe you are the master of your universe and act accordingly. Haha that's it!

All the extra is for the bored and miserable.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    negative- nobody hiring. I getting tired. I guess I wasn't meant to work.

positive- somebody gonna hire me. just gotta go a bit further than the quitters. I was meant to work.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Positive thinking is just motivation. Find what motivates you. Some people are motivated by reading books like the secret. Some people are motivated by being negative. There is no right or wrong. There is no one way to success. Find what works for you, and do that.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that friend sounds more like he's being lazy rather than life ? him over..
  • luke1733
    edited January 2017
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    that friend sounds more like he's being lazy rather than life ? him over..

Maybe. He doesn't seem lazy to me, but the evidence is pretty convincing. I think he just works slow. That's why I was mentioning performance. He old me how his bosses kept saying he had to finish projects quicker.
    Overall on this whole thread this is my view, there's a time for negativity (depending on what type.) and positivity and balance.
    Knowing noone gives a damn what I subscribe to or like I will throw up a quote that's interesting to me SINCE we're talking about positivity serving on some basis as a predetermining factor on outcomes:

Amos Tversky and Daniel Kahnemanfrom the Undoing Project: (A book based on the results of two world known psychologists who did tons of tests on people's behaviors producing certain results)

-People predict by making up stories
    -people predict very little and explain everything
    -people live under uncertainty whether they like it or not
    -people believe they can tell the future if they work hard enough
    -people accept any explanation as long as it fits the facts
    -the handwriting was on the all, it was just the ink that was invisible
    -people often work hard to obtain information they already have, and avoid new knowledge
    -Man is a deterministic device thrown into a probabilistic Universe. In this match, surprises are expected
    -Everything that has already happened must have been inevitable.
    FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THE HOLY BIBLE:
    1. I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
    2. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This I'd a dope thread. It's a fact that if all you do is have negative thoughts negative ? will happen to you as well as negative energy that follows you. If you have a positive attitude and add action to thing you want it will happen.