Joe Budden
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    Didn't read that one either past the 1st two sentences

Y'all ? get weirder and weirder to me by the year

I know you really a decent poster is the thing but you mistaken my interactions with other posters for this one between us and you think it's something it's not

I got wild opinions and I stand strong on em, I'm never about the clown ? in the Reason

Okay, fam. You got it.

But I already knew that
    Lame ass ? ❤️

Nah. I just ain't feel like doing the back and forth with such a ? ? that can't even articulate his stance in a debate.

And I don't know how you some of you new ? get down, but you can keep the funboy ? ? amongst yourselves.

Articulate these nuts ?

NS3l9T.gif
    Keep Practicing
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Ibex wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    I'm still not understanding how a rapper that can't craft a great album is better than a rapper that can?. Budden has been living off mixtapes primarily his mood muzik series, but every great mixtape rapper has at least made one album that was a classic or had an impact. 50 has Get Rich or Die Trying, Curren$y has Pilot Talk, Wayne has the Carter 3.....So I ask again WHERE THE ? IS BUDDEN's ALBUM???

His albums better than j coles albums which die after a week of listening

Las year alone rage and the machine >>>> for your eyez only

I think there's about 4 million people that would disagree with you about Buddens albums being better than Cole's, and if you think any Budden ALBUM not a mixtape an Album is better than Forest Hills Drive you not listening to music you just skimming through it.

Good for those 4 million people...they are wrong

Fhd is a decent album..not my favorite j cole album and neither are touching most of Joe's albums ....maybe u should listen to budden before you judge solely based on who sells records

Bruh I listen to hip hop I don't go off record sales don't come at me with that ? . I was making the point that there is an overwhelming amount of people that prefer Cole's albums over Budden.

Budden's mood muzik projects are his best. Cole's Friday Night Lights, and The Warm Up are equal to those projects. So if that evens things out you have to base everything on albums an FHD is ? on any Budden album.

Your the one brining up 4 million ppl like it plays a role in whose music is better...you can save that popular opinion ?

Mood muzik might be the best mixtape series by a rapper ever and changed the way ppl did mixtape...j coles aren't close to that

You over rating fhd like crazy my dude...it's a decent album and nothing more..It got old after 2 weeks...Budden got multuple albums better than that album

"Mood Muzik is the best mixtape series ever" Really????? C'mon bruh if Budden your favorite that's cool but don't be disrespectful. I guess 50's G-Unit radio series, Wayne's Dedication series, Lupe's Fahrenheit series was all wack then.

I didn't say any of them are wack...well except lil Wayne dedication, that ? wack

But mood muzik is better than g unit radio and fahrenheit...50 cent best mixtapes came before the g unit radio series actually

None of that has anything to do with budden's mixtapes are better than j coles

Some ? in here don't know their hip hop... Lmao at g unit radio mixtapes being better than mood musik.

Gucci Mane's The Movie Trilogy>>>>>>>Mood Muzik B)

Thank you for posting that...now we all can have a clear understanding that you have no taste in hip hop music and can't be taken seriously
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fhd was boring as ? . don't know why people love this goofy ass ? j cole

and i could name 3 joe projects of the top of my head thats better that coles best ? . foh.
    from a hip hop standpoint no one can explain to
    me why cole is better and sound credible

bars? come on my ? .
    artistry? have y'all heard joes first verse on love im good?( his last album) if someone can post a cole verse better than that i"ll send them money via PayPal. and that's not even top 5 joe verses

pray for me. a song in a throwaway mixtape for joe budden is a better song conceptually and more powerful than anything that came out of jcoles pen. I could be wrong, but ive heard mist of jcoles ? . that ? is light. plain and simple

if you think jcole is a better Rapper you either a woman or you just have bad taste in hiphop

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Cole
    I like Cole music more

So Cole is the better rapper.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Didn't read that one either past the 1st two sentences

Y'all ? get weirder and weirder to me by the year

I know you really a decent poster is the thing but you mistaken my interactions with other posters for this one between us and you think it's something it's not

I got wild opinions and I stand strong on em, I'm never about the clown ? in the Reason

Okay, fam. You got it.

But I already knew that
    Lame ass ? ❤️

Nah. I just ain't feel like doing the back and forth with such a ? ? that can't even articulate his stance in a debate.

And I don't know how you some of you new ? get down, but you can keep the funboy ? ? amongst yourselves.

Articulate these nuts ?

Pause, ? .
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    I think Joe edges J Cole with more replay value in music. I go back to Joes first project and MM2 more than any project or collection of songs Cole has.
  • JaDaDon
    JaDaDon Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe nice but y'all not about to turn Mood Muzik into the mixtape equivalent of The Godfather trilogy lmao
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    c. skillz wrote: »
    Budden: Wordplay, Storytelling, Introspection, Topic Variety and Catalog

Cole: Flow and Relatability

Both come up short from a commercial standpoint.

You can't be serious. Cole has 3 platinum albums and 5 top 10 rap singles.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Sion wrote: »
    I'm still not understanding how a rapper that can't craft a great album is better than a rapper that can?. Budden has been living off mixtapes primarily his mood muzik series, but every great mixtape rapper has at least made one album that was a classic or had an impact. 50 has Get Rich or Die Trying, Curren$y has Pilot Talk, Wayne has the Carter 3.....So I ask again WHERE THE ? IS BUDDEN's ALBUM???

Because its the IC fam. People vicariously living through these rappers. To them Joe represents the under-appreciated who's dope but doesn't have all the success in his career but he has that reputation. He has the talent but not the accolades - which is how a lot of people see themselves (the underdog). That's why NaS is liked more than Jay-Z on the IC or Ross over 50. Buddens can be seen as a better MC but in no way is he a better rapper than J.Cole.

I warned y'all about this before - when J.Cole exceeds expectations and goes too far ? will begin to turn on him. There was once upon a time when Drake could do no harm, he was loved on here, then he went multiplatinum on Take Care and just like that ? went switch blade on him....

You'll see it with Kendrick Lamar too just give it time. ? will say Kendrick is "overrated", lame and can't make another GKMC instead of just enjoying the music SMMFH...
    Whats the difference between a rapper and a MC? Since you're trying to differentiate.
  • bck145
    Options
    Joe Budden

Because its the IC fam. People vicariously living through these rappers. To them Joe represents the under-appreciated who's dope but doesn't have all the success in his career but he has that reputation. He has the talent but not the accolades - which is how a lot of people see themselves (the underdog). That's why NaS is liked more than Jay-Z on the IC or Ross over 50. Buddens can be seen as a better MC but in no way is he a better rapper than J.Cole.

I warned y'all about this before - when J.Cole exceeds expectations and goes too far ? will begin to turn on him. There was once upon a time when Drake could do no harm, he was loved on here, then he went multiplatinum on Take Care and just like that ? went switch blade on him....

You'll see it with Kendrick Lamar too just give it time. ? will say Kendrick is "overrated", lame and can't make another GKMC instead of just enjoying the music SMMFH...

That's about as far wrong as a post can get
  • Revolver Ocelot
    edited January 2017
    Options

Whats the difference between a rapper and a MC? Since you're trying to differentiate.

An MC is more of a lyrical artist. A rapper tho encompasses the total package of hot records, great cohesive albums, the business, versatile musically, AND bars too. For example Immortal Technique is an MC, Cam'ron is a rapper.

Immortal Technique can outrappity rap most people but he couldn't make a Daydreaming, Losing Weight pt.2, Harlem Streets, etc or a Purple Haze album and have you feel the same impact.

Joe Buddens isn't a better rapper than J.Cole. he's a better MC but he's not a better rapper than Cole. But I get it, this is the Reason and as such it's blasphemous to say such things. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

So ? you in your feelings cuz folks ain't got the same definition of rapper as you.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    No it's not that serious. To each their own fam. I'm not gonna tell you how to feel about music. I think we old enough to where we can simply agree to disagree and move on. I don't like say Fat Joe music but others do, I think 50 Cent is top 10 ever others don't, look that's just the world we live in LOLOL.

I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it. I think that's part of being an adult.

Oh really.......

cuz you did a lot of projecting here.
  • bck145
    Options
    Joe Budden

Joe Buddens isn't a better rapper than J.Cole. he's a better MC but he's not a better rapper than Cole. But I get it, this is the Reason and as such it's blasphemous to say such things. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

He's better at every aspect of rapping...so yes he's a better rapper than j cole

You can say j cole a better rapper but look at the stats....flow, versatility, albums, mixtapes, lyrics, emotion, replay value....I can keep going

Cole is cool and against someone else I may think he's a better rapper but not against joe
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    That album vs mixtape argument is a cop out. Look at MM3 and 4 I'm sure those were all original material both loved by fans just given away for free. Cole doesn't have anything that can compete with either imo.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden
    Don't put ? in the same sink as me
    I mean metaphors, storylines, deep ? , club ? , girl ? , world ?
    They don't use to ink like me
    ? don't even think like me NAH
    Who sees what I'm watchin, he ain't poppin'
    Don't deserve to drink water from the tub that I washed in
    WAIT, start again, it's a privilege to breath the same air that I farted in
    They want no parts with him
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

Lmaooo wow

Yeah this is fire :/
  • c. skillz
    c. skillz Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden

I agree that Cole has commercial success. I just think that success is generated in a large part by his fanbase and having the powers that be behind him rather than the type of music he makes (which is good for him, b/c he gets the success he wants and doesn't have to conform).

He makes solid music, but not the type of songs you would consider hits or ? that is played non stop on the radio and in clubs.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

I agree that Cole has commercial success. I just think that success is generated in a large part by his fanbase and having the powers that be behind him rather than the type of music he makes (which is good for him, b/c he gets the success he wants and doesn't have to conform).

He makes solid music, but not the type of songs you would consider hits or ? that is played non stop on the radio and in clubs.

This makes no ? sense what so ever.
  • c. skillz
    c. skillz Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden

Cole don't make hits, ? that rocks in the club, or has hot features...if you don't understand that his success is in spite of those things, I can't help ya bruh
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden

There is a legitimate difference between commercial success and commercial music. If they were the same, people who make commercial music would all have commercial success but it doesn't work that way. Cole isn't good at "commercial music". His singles don't chart very well, his albums do. Commercial music normally coincides with singles that chart very well (ex. Drake). He may not care but he is not good at commercial music.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Cole
    Really Cole is losing this ?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Cole don't make hits, ? that rocks in the club, or has hot features...if you don't understand that his success is in spite of those things, I can't help ya bruh

There is a legitimate difference between commercial success and commercial music. If they were the same, people who make commercial music would all have commercial success but it doesn't work that way. Cole isn't good at "commercial music". His singles don't chart very well, his albums do. Commercial music normally coincides with singles that chart very well (ex. Drake). He may not care but he is not good at commercial music.

You 2 ? really are dumb huh.

Cole don't make hits, his singles don't chart well? Cole got 7 top 20 hits, 5 of which were top 10 off his first 3 albums. TF are you 2 ? ? even talking bout.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

You got to hear it, not the same reading it
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden

You 2 ? really are dumb huh.

Cole don't make hits, his singles don't chart well? Cole got 7 top 20 hits, 5 of which were top 10 off his first 3 albums. TF are you 2 ? ? even talking bout.

Emotions. It really doesn't matter to me either way. Budden makes better music which is more important.
  • Mockingbird
    Mockingbird Members Posts: 82
    Options
    J. Cole
    I don't like eithers music