The Affair (New ShowTime series)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First episode was great, second one not so much.

Noah eviscerating the emotionally fragile feminist was hilarious as ? though.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I liked the 2nd ep. I was invested in both storylines.

The art dude Whitney is ? seemed too over the top imo tho. Came off as more of a caricature than a real character. Felt silly.

Alison still seems hella unstable. lol @ her randomly running into Oscar. So she could unload all her problems on him.
  • marc123
    edited December 2016
    Options
    smh tho. After Masters of Sex got cancelled. Ppl online talkin this might get cancelled after this season too.

I really hate getting invested in shows only to see them get cancelled. Leaves the stories unresolved.
  • marc123
    edited December 2016
    Options
    3rd ep was ok.

Don't really give a ? bout the French teacher tho

Smh @ this season having a big bad.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Sollaway denying himself ? ? , no ? way, ? outchea.
  • marc123
    Options
    Eh. I'm so over Alison. ? is a bordline mental patient n a drama queen.

But um wtf tho. The stories n ep 4 didnt match up at all. Wtf is up with that?
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season Is slow as ? and a drop off from last season. So much they could have done after the confession in the courtroom and they do a 4 yr time skip
  • marc123
    edited December 2016
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    So much they could have done after the confession in the courtroom and they do a 4 yr time skip

c/s

They skipped over sooooooo much story. From Noah's time in jail, Noah n Alison's breakup to Alison's meltdown n signing away/leaving her daughter.

I assume they will cover it all in flashbacks tho
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still ? with it...slow burn but I like this season so far.

I'm thinking that Alison got the GOAT ? tho...she wins you over
  • marc123
    Options
    Jus watched ep 5. lol wtf.

The Alison part was more wierd funny. With Noah sayin n doin dumb stuff.

Then the Noah part was jus....from the guard flashbacks to that random af story bout killin his mother. N course they smashed lol. More like a depressed goodbye smash tho.

The talk in the hot tub was deep tho. Bout them both bein a mistake, how they both used each other etc.

So the guard is not real....?? Lol. Who knows lol
  • Rampage12
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    smh tho. After Masters of Sex got cancelled. Ppl online talkin this might get cancelled after this season too.

I really hate getting invested in shows only to see them get cancelled. Leaves the stories unresolved.

I honestly don't even see how this could go past a Season 3. This season has been pretty boring overall and I don't even really know where they could go for more storylines without totally jumping the shark. I wanna know who stabbed Noah and that's really it. Don't really care if Alison gets unsupervised visits with her daughter or not, I mean are they gonna have Noah and Alison get back together and have them ? back and forth with Cole and Louisa for an entire season???
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Episode 7 didn't really break any new ground except that I am a little more interested in the Gunther character now.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I might be in the minority here but Noah a damn fool.His ex wife is a keeper she is decent looking , smart , has a high sex drive even after 4 kids , got money and more than anything holds him down despite all the ? he puts her through... i'd be satisfied with that.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last episode was fire.
    I'm waiting to see what happens with Noah does he get back. Together with his wife. Who's a ? by the way ? his ex best friend just for Intell on him
  • marc123
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jus watched eps 6-8

I dont even know anymore. I get this season is about what happens after a affair n how ppl deal with the fallout. Mixed in the murder cover up/jail time for Noah. But season has gone soooooooooo far off the rails. Its jus bizarre.

Noahs meds are clearly making him crazy n see ? . He is delusional. I dont think the co is following him.

But lol tho. U wreck the French professors car, then she throws the ? at u. Ok. Even when noah loses he wins lol

So they dont explain who the kid was that noah saw in the lake???!!!

I dont understand why the writers feel the need to make Helen a horrible person this season. I mean wtf. ? Max after he jus told her he bout to get married. Treating Vic like ? . Freaking out about her parents getting back together. Smh. She was the real victim in the 1st 2 seasons. I felt sympathy for her. This season she jus a evil, lieing, broken ? .

**Spoiler alert**. I think Helen stabbed Noah. How she was acting with the wine, n pills n all the 'i kno u' stuff. Tho Noah is so delusional, none of that mighta been real.

At this point i think the writers r jus ? with us. How both versions of each story is so different. They not even trying to match up ? no mo. Smh

Um how Helen jus shows up at the bar with Alison.

Its annoying watching n not knowing what's real n what's not. Based on how this season is goin, i don't think it will all make sense in the end. Smh.
  • marc123
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

I honestly don't even see how this could go past a Season 3.
    This season has been pretty boring overall and I don't even really know where they could go for more storylines without totally jumping the shark. I wanna know who stabbed Noah and that's really it. Don't really care if Alison gets unsupervised visits with her daughter or not, I mean are they gonna have Noah and Alison get back together and have them ? back and forth with Cole and Louisa for an entire season???

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/affair-renewed-season-4-at-showtime-962633
  • DNB1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jus watched eps 6-8

I dont even know anymore. I get this season is about what happens after a affair n how ppl deal with the fallout. Mixed in the murder cover up/jail time for Noah. But season has gone soooooooooo far off the rails. Its jus bizarre.

Noahs meds are clearly making him crazy n see ? . He is delusional. I dont think the co is following him.

But lol tho. U wreck the French professors car, then she throws the ? at u. Ok. Even when noah loses he wins lol

So they dont explain who the kid was that noah saw in the lake???!!!

I dont understand why the writers feel the need to make Helen a horrible person this season. I mean wtf. ? Max after he jus told her he bout to get married. Treating Vic like ? . Freaking out about her parents getting back together. Smh. She was the real victim in the 1st 2 seasons. I felt sympathy for her. This season she jus a evil, lieing, broken ? .

**Spoiler alert**. I think Helen stabbed Noah. How she was acting with the wine, n pills n all the 'i kno u' stuff. Tho Noah is so delusional, none of that mighta been real.

At this point i think the writers r jus ? with us. How both versions of each story is so different. They not even trying to match up ? no mo. Smh

Um how Helen jus shows up at the bar with Alison.

Its annoying watching n not knowing what's real n what's not. Based on how this season is goin, i don't think it will all make sense in the end. Smh.

He thought it was his son but was actually a younger Noah, probably after he helped ? his mother? Noah cracking up.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    So Noah stabbed himself to try atone for assisting his mother in her suicide. LOL whatever happens now I promise won't surprise me.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    So Noah stabbed himself to try atone for assisting his mother in her suicide. LOL whatever happens now I promise won't surprise me.

lol I'm 2 episodes behind but please no! Nooooooo!
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so glad Noah seems to be getting back on track..him being crazy for several episodes was probably necessary to understand his character, but still annoying.

Glad he seems to be reconnecting with his kids too.
  • marc123
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jus watched eps 9 n 10.

9 was good cuz there was alotta payoff for the storylines etc. Solid wrap up of the mother/c.o./pain meds/stabbing backstory...Good to see Helen finally unload the murder secret. lol @ helen n Alison admitting they basically co killed Scott Lockhart. Tho i find it annoying they felt the need to make Noah a crazy person with mother/assisted suicide issues to explain his affair. IMO it was a better story when he jus a bored husband, tired of the routine. And Alison was the right broken broad at the right time, and his need to save her breathed fresh air into his life. Nothing more, nothing less. All that other backstory jus felt like clutter. Like it didnt need to be that deep.

Ep 10. Okay, i guess. I dont buy Whitney so easily letting him back into her life tho....@ the end when the cabbie asked him where to next. I expected him to say "Montauk", then cut to credits.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Jus watched eps 9 n 10.

9 was good cuz there was alotta payoff for the storylines etc. Solid wrap up of the mother/c.o./pain meds/stabbing backstory...Good to see Helen finally unload the murder secret. lol @ helen n Alison admitting they basically co killed Scott Lockhart. Tho i find it annoying they felt the need to make Noah a crazy person with mother/assisted suicide issues to explain his affair. IMO it was a better story when he jus a bored husband, tired of the routine. And Alison was the right broken broad at the right time, and his need to save her breathed fresh air into his life. Nothing more, nothing less. All that other backstory jus felt like clutter. Like it didnt need to be that deep.

Ep 10. Okay, i guess. I dont buy Whitney so easily letting him back into her life tho....@ the end when the cabbie asked him where to next. I expected him to say "Montauk", then cut to credits.

Just watched ep 9...agree with all you said. Best episode so far.