Chrisette Michele Loses Netflix Deal After Trump Performance

Options
The Prime Minister
The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
chrisettemichele.jpg
Chrisette Michele, a late-stage addition, decided not to back out. Now, the talented Grammy-winning artist is testing exactly what that means for her career. According to information confirmed Thursday night, director Spike Lee has removed Chrisette Michele’s song from his upcoming Netflix remake of ‘She’s Gotta Have It.”

Here’s Spike Lee’s irate Instagram blast on the matter:

“Good Morning Folks. I Wuz Sorry To Read That ‘Sistuh Girl’ Is Singin’ At DT’s Inauguration (And To Use His Fav Word-SAD),” Lee wrote on Instagram. “I Wuz Thinkin’ ’bout Using Chrisette’s Song- BLACK GIRL MAGIC In My Netflix Series SHE’S GOTTA HAVE IT…. NOT ANYMORE. And Dat’s Da Truth, Ruth.”

But despite the late-stage announcement, Michele fans were overwhelmingly vocal and irate. After disclosing the gig, rumors circulated that the singer was paid $750,000 to play the show (her manager hasn’t responded to DMN). In Chrisette Michele’s private Twitter hell, the singer was accosted for selling out, supporting a racist, and dishonoring black history.

Comments

• 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With him trying to put her on blast like this, someone out there is gonna reach out and shell still score.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah not much of an uproar over that in hindsight. Partially because its pretty much impossible that no black people will be involved in dealing with Government and the usual happenings just because Trump is in office. All of this"they met with Trump!" stuff is dying down on the "scandal" meter because its inevitable and there will be more and more going forward. Too much to get "outraged" about. Unless really deserving. Meeting with to discuss issues and agendas and doing your regular job doesnt really fall in that category though. Spike can do whatever he wants but, meh.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the fact that they offered to PAY her shouldve set off alarms in her mind. no one gets paid to perform for the president. they do it for the publicity and the honor, so not surprised all that was left for Donny was Tommy Keith. she needed a check that badly?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    250 k >>>> song nobody was gona hear on netflix soundtrack
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    besides Lost one by Jigga and a song by Nas on HHID i really dont know much about ol girl
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawty let the money make her.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dishonoring black history.

damn.gif
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another black celeb singled out. People can stand around and pose next to Hillary's racist crotch 24/7, but they get exiled if they sing at an inauguration? And wtf at Spike talking about "black history". I swear to ? the real ? are these people bending over backwards to kiss white liberal ass.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's a horrible live performer