Raekwon - Ice Cream. WTF Is These N*ggas Talking About?

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
Classic track, just have a question on the bolded about the meaning...

Yo honey dip, summertime fine, jewelry dripping
Seen you on Pitkins with a bunch of chickens how you're clicking
I kept shooting strong notes as we got close
She rocked rope, honey throat smelling like Impulse
Your whole shell baby's wicked like Nimrod
Caught me like a fresh-water scrod, or may I not be ?
Attitude is very rude boo, crabby like seafood
It turns me on like Vine's Cee Allah Rule
They call me Starky Love hon, check the strategy
By any means, Shirley Temple curls was done by Billie Jeans
Black Mrs. America, your name is Erica, right true
Lazy eyeball, small feet, six shoe
Caramel complexion, breath smelling like cinnamon
Excuse me hon, the Don mean no harm, turn around again
? damn, backyard's banging like a Benzi
If I was jiggy, you'd be spotted like Spuds McKenzie
I'm high-powered put Adina Howard to sleep
Yo pardon, that ? been on my mind all week
Back to you Maybeline Queen let's make a team
You can have anything in this world except C.R.E.A.M
So what you wanna do, what you wanna do
Let's go ahead and walk these dogs and represent Wu

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Spuds Mackenzie was a dog spokesperson for Budweiser in the 80s and he's white with a black spot.

He came back for a Superbowl commercial

So that line I get lol

It's wack but I get it lol

I know who it is, still lost
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spuds Mackenzie was a dog spokesperson for Budweiser in the 80s and he's white with a black spot.

So that line I get lol

Nah don't worry it's still nonsensical
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I see I'm not the only one
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see I'm not the only one

You not..those type of lines is the reason I never got into Rae or ghost..I know they made cool musik n at least tried to be lyrical unlike others...but I couldn't sit there and act like I knew wtf these ? was talking about 50% of the time lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not ?

Dope song tho
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In honor of Valentine's Day, I would like to take the time to dedicate ? 's verse to all the girls on the I.C. To hell with society's double standard traditions; I don't mind catering to you all! Especially you older middleage girls on here; no shade. Y'all got my <3
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So that line I get lol

Nah don't worry it's still nonsensical

lol nonsensical? Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Jiggy is another name for the police. Spotting is when they focus their attention on a suspect, but he also made a play on that word by using it to refer to Spud who is also spotted as in had an actual spot on his body.

The line is just a roundabout way of saying she's so fine that she would have his attention no matter what the circumstances.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for the first first bolded line, shell = frame or body and wicked at the time was slang for good or excellent. However, he's making another play on words because wicked also means evil, and Nimrod was a Babylonian king from the Bible and other texts that rebelled against ? . In plain English, he's just saying her body is really sexy. A fresh water scrod is a kinda fish. So applying that to the previous line, he's basically saying that her body lured him in and now he's caught i.e. she has him sprung.

The next line actually a bit harder to decipher if you don't listen to a lot of Wu. Vine = Devine one of the dudes in the management side of the Wu group at the time. I think he's related to Rza or something. C Allah Rule is 5% code or something like that, but it just means car as shown by the bolded letters. He was telling the chick that her style had him turned on like a car. Again that one was difficult if you don't listen to the Wu a lot, but if you do, you'd get it because make weird quasi-acronyms out of words all the time for some reason. Another common one they use is C Cypher Punk. The C is just the letter like the example from this song. A cypher in this case is a circle or the letter O and you take the P from Punk, and you get cop.

As for the last one, Shirley Temple Curls are a hairstyle based on Shirley Temple when she was a young actress and Billie Jean's was a local hair salon.

Scrod is actually young cod....good drop lol...shut this ? down
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno but when he says c all rule or whatever he does a motion with his hands like he is turning the wheel of a car look in the video ...
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for the first first bolded line, shell = frame or body and wicked at the time was slang for good or excellent. However, he's making another play on words because wicked also means evil, and Nimrod was a Babylonian king from the Bible and other texts that rebelled against ? . In plain English, he's just saying her body is really sexy. A fresh water scrod is a kinda fish. So applying that to the previous line, he's basically saying that her body lured him in and now he's caught i.e. she has him sprung.

The next line actually a bit harder to decipher if you don't listen to a lot of Wu. Vine = Devine one of the dudes in the management side of the Wu group at the time. I think he's related to Rza or something. C Allah Rule is 5% code or something like that, but it just means car as shown by the bolded letters. He was telling the chick that her style had him turned on like a car. Again that one was difficult if you don't listen to the Wu a lot, but if you do, you'd get it because make weird quasi-acronyms out of words all the time for some reason. Another common one they use is C Cypher Punk. The C is just the letter like the example from this song. A cypher in this case is a circle or the letter O and you take the P from Punk, and you get cop.

As for the last one, Shirley Temple Curls are a hairstyle based on Shirley Temple when she was a young actress and Billie Jean's was a local hair salon.

61903831.jpg
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? listening to the Wu like:

bpfR4K.gif
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Oh you really think that's head scratching huh? That's light work! Wu has their own slang lexicon

We need a cotdamn Rosetta stone to decipher the supreme clientele album

"I swing like Candy cane(i get this line),i laid my ? on ice the branches in my weed be the veins!"

"Crispy humming bird,Threw up a stone richie"

"Mrs dash,sprinkle her with a icicle eyelash"

LOL...eye love wu tang but some of that ? was the dust blunts talking

Don't forget the fantastic Tha Game...Ghost spit verse of the year on that ?
    MC Ultra high-brolic bank roll alcohol vulture
    Garlic ? dice the shield of ocre
    Tally ? pitty-pat backgammon pro
    Pink salmon five spring rolls know me, you love my intro
    Half a face wig sewed together like Manhattan Chase
    Lookin like statue of praise, check behind the drapes
    Castor Troy layin for Travolta mic gun pump
    Layin on the floor Clark's bleedin watermelon chunks
    Hold up... sprinkle the hash, Tony Chapstick
    Snatch RZA last piece of fish right off the glass dish
    Butter roll beats bagel tracks wavey hair decks
    Lay it down straw hat style, Butterball crown