Options

Comments

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Pac should b in there

I don't understand why this got so many nosigns. We aren't talking about lyricism. We're talking about song writing. You trying to tell me Pac doesn't have well written songs in his catalog?

Do you know where you are?

I aint trippin
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Congrats to jay but it's like a slap in the face for him to be the first cube nas pac all great writers in hip hop

It's for writers who been doing it for 20 years and it's for song writers not who's the best rapper or who impact is bigger impact.... Jay still getting plaques in 2017 for music he wrote in 2016 how is it a slap in the face

Y'all take ? wrong. I'm saying it should have been other hip hop artist in before him because they were here before him. I'm not even hating on jayz. It's like that don't want to acknowledge artist before him

They haven't proven to be better song writers over the same stretch of time.... It's like comparing Curry hot years of excellence to a player that was great for 20 years... No other rapper has had this kinda run of writing songs that still matter to the public both fans of that genre and outside of that genre so for that the only real choices that would make sense are him or Em

Ice cube '88 to '08 but he talked about Jews so that's why he didn't get get the first nod but I doubt he get in. I think nas is a better writer

I love cube but if you think ppl was paying attention to cube in 08 outside of real hip hop fans you are really lying to yourself especially if you think he was still crafting songs worth that kind of recognition

Raw footage went Gold in 08

Meanwhile Jay was still going multi plat with singles and album sells see the difference??? When you mix high quality song writing with success and crossing over to all genres while doing it for a longer stretch then anybody of 20 years which is the criteria you really only come down to 2 ppl Jay or Em

Why are you telling me that jay was more popular in 08 like I don't know. You made it seem like nobody in hip-hop had a 20 year run in which I point out ice cube had 20 years and still went gold. So i still stand correct that he wasn't the first it should have been cube first ?

Bruh yo simple ass gotta be slow or something NOBODY not even cube has had the success,versatility, consistency, and cross over appeal in rap for a 20+ year stretch Jay could drop a platinum album today of high quality after being in the game 20 plus years who else can say they can do that or could do that now??? So no fool you stand incorrect becuz Cube wasn't consistent over 20 years he didn't have the versatility in his song writing over 20 years he ain't have cross over success in music for 20 years and he didn't have the same success over 20 years and by 20 years his in the game his current impact in the writing songs wasn't what if once was ppl still 20 years in stop what they doing to hear a new Hov verse so how you come up shorter in all the criterias it would take to get in first but deserve to get in first??? Foh

? , you don't even understand what the songwriter hall of fame is about. You posted about one criteria and ran with it. You don't even know the other artists that's in the songwriter hall of fame. You just on jayz nuts and not being objective

Cube has had a great career, but he doesn't belong in over Jay. Neither does Em. The only argument that can be made, imo, is Nas. Cube has had large pockets of absence and music that hasn't resonated outside of the genre. Their musical careers and influence are not on the same level.

This isn't difficult to understand.

If cube started before jay and had 20 years consistently doesn't that mean he should have gone in before? How is that hard and nas hasn't been more successful than cube. If you going to go with jayz having more commercial success being the reason then the same should apply for nas. Cube had more commercial success than nas
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac should b in there

I don't understand why this got so many nosigns. We aren't talking about lyricism. We're talking about song writing. You trying to tell me Pac doesn't have well written songs in his catalog?

20+ years bruh... has he done something over 20 years plus?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Im outnumbered so it's like beating a dead horse

Yall think it's hating I think it's giving a realistic level headed perspective.

Naw bruh when you start asking what songs has Jay wrote over years where he deserves to be in it becomes either hating or lack of knowledge at that point especially when your example is song cry I mean you DO realize they look at much more then just your singles right??? And they also judge it off of much more then who has the most heartfelt introspective story telling lyrics.... I mean he just got a platinum plaque for I got the keys and he been in this game doing that forever now.... So hate or lack of knowledge I'll let you call it

Don't even waste your time on responding to that clown he ? posts 5 year old videos of KB Da Kidnappa like the ? just was out yesterday. Ear2DaShitty Music's opinion is trash in the IC.

Whatever you Meek stan see I can't even clown meek music cuz nothing stands out

Lmao WTF? You got me mixed up with Gee 757 because i am not a meek stan. The only music you post on here is 100% trash. When meek was catching L's all summer he was like "At least my career ain't as bad as KB's."
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to jay but it's like a slap in the face for him to be the first cube nas pac all great writers in hip hop

It's for writers who been doing it for 20 years and it's for song writers not who's the best rapper or who impact is bigger impact.... Jay still getting plaques in 2017 for music he wrote in 2016 how is it a slap in the face

Y'all take ? wrong. I'm saying it should have been other hip hop artist in before him because they were here before him. I'm not even hating on jayz. It's like that don't want to acknowledge artist before him

They haven't proven to be better song writers over the same stretch of time.... It's like comparing Curry hot years of excellence to a player that was great for 20 years... No other rapper has had this kinda run of writing songs that still matter to the public both fans of that genre and outside of that genre so for that the only real choices that would make sense are him or Em

Ice cube '88 to '08 but he talked about Jews so that's why he didn't get get the first nod but I doubt he get in. I think nas is a better writer

I love cube but if you think ppl was paying attention to cube in 08 outside of real hip hop fans you are really lying to yourself especially if you think he was still crafting songs worth that kind of recognition

Meanwhile Jay was still going multi plat with singles and album sells see the difference??? When you mix high quality song writing with success and crossing over to all genres while doing it for a longer stretch then anybody of 20 years which is the criteria you really only come down to 2 ppl Jay or Em

Why are you telling me that jay was more popular in 08 like I don't know. You made it seem like nobody in hip-hop had a 20 year run in which I point out ice cube had 20 years and still went gold. So i still stand correct that he wasn't the first it should have been cube first ?

Bruh yo simple ass gotta be slow or something NOBODY not even cube has had the success,versatility, consistency, and cross over appeal in rap for a 20+ year stretch Jay could drop a platinum album today of high quality after being in the game 20 plus years who else can say they can do that or could do that now??? So no fool you stand incorrect becuz Cube wasn't consistent over 20 years he didn't have the versatility in his song writing over 20 years he ain't have cross over success in music for 20 years and he didn't have the same success over 20 years and by 20 years his in the game his current impact in the writing songs wasn't what if once was ppl still 20 years in stop what they doing to hear a new Hov verse so how you come up shorter in all the criterias it would take to get in first but deserve to get in first??? Foh

? , you don't even understand what the songwriter hall of fame is about. You posted about one criteria and ran with it. You don't even know the other artists that's in the songwriter hall of fame. You just on jayz nuts and not being objective

Cube has had a great career, but he doesn't belong in over Jay. Neither does Em. The only argument that can be made, imo, is Nas. Cube has had large pockets of absence and music that hasn't resonated outside of the genre. Their musical careers and influence are not on the same level.

If cube started before jay and had 20 years consistently doesn't that mean he should have gone in before? How is that hard and nas hasn't been more successful than cube. If you going to go with jayz having more commercial success being the reason then the same should apply for nas. Cube had more commercial success than nas

What realm are you ? living in where you can ascertain that Cube has 20 years of being consistent in dropping music that resonates both within and outside of the genre? And Nas doesn't have the extended periods of absence that Cube has. Also, I said he was "arguable", as in, "being able to make an argument for", not "absolute".
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Damn. Thread took a terrible turn.

Jay deserves the nod for sure.

But, yall talking about Jay STILL writing on that level? Cmon man. Jay been almost trash for over 5 years now. Every now and again you get a hot verse, but lets not act like Jay aint fall off.

Jay falling off dont change his status though. Hes a GOAT and deserves this nod and is one of the best song writers not just in hip hop but music in general.

But cmon man, stop acting like Jay been the same for atleast 5+ year now.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Either way this is great for hip hop. How can anyone be a hip hop fan and hate on Jay Z? Like yo Jay dont gotta be your favorite, he not my favorite, but how could you not be a fan? How can you say he aint one of the best writers that hip hop has ever seen?

Yall either ride Jay Z nuts heavy, or hate him. No objectivity. Let me get the ? out this thread though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac should b in there

20+ years bruh... has he done something over 20 years plus?

Got ya. I didn't read the article, just read through the posts in here.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube didn't write all of his material, correct..? So how is there even an argument in his favor?

Pac and Big's respective catalogs were simply cut short. There is no shame in that so I don't understand the outrage in that regard either.

And lol thread predictably got raided by the Beige Brigade. You fatherless ? should just drown yourselves in lightskinned tears, B.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube didn't write all of his material, correct..? So how is there even an argument in his favor?

Pac and Big's respective catalogs were simply cut short. There is no shame in that so I don't understand the outrage in that regard either.

And lol thread predictably got raided by the Beige Brigade. You fatherless ? should just drown yourselves in lightskinned tears, B.

Wait ...... when did this turn into a lightskinned thing?
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »

Talking about the shade. Few of the ? who have something negative to say or jokes in general about the award in this thread are synonymous with the regular Drake groupies.

Really no reason to hate on this. It's good for Hip-Hop.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's like one ? in here that falls under the category you speak of. Otherwise, that brown paper bag theory you're perpetuating reeks of femininity and insecurity.

Cut that ? ? out, bruh.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm starting to think this is that ? Cube son or something he don't seem to get it Cube is not in the same category as Jay if we talking songwriter hall of fame
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »

Talking about the shade. Few of the ? who have something negative to say or jokes in general about the award in this thread are synonymous with the regular Drake groupies.

Really no reason to hate on this. It's good for Hip-Hop.

i aint hating but i feel overall pac should be in there too .
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Jay ain't been piggy backing other artists for songs over the years? R-Kelly? Kanye? Beyonce? Linkin Park? did he ever write a song that had as much impact as ? the police or brendas got a baby? not hating on Jay at all he's cool but to make out like Jay is some genius SONG WRITER is ? , but no jigga stan wants to debate this they just wanna hit the feelings reaction like ? .

?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

I'm starting to think this is that ? Cube son or something he don't seem to get it Cube is not in the same category as Jay if we talking songwriter hall of fame

Says the dude that writes long ass paragraphs about jayz

I don't understand why ? have to lie about ? its muthafucka in the songwriter hall of fame that has had 5 year gaps in albums. So ? need to stick to the fact and stop talking about consistency ?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Says the dude that writes long ass paragraphs about jayz

I don't understand why ? have to lie about ? its muthafucka in the songwriter hall of fame that has had 5 year gaps in albums. So ? need to stick to the fact and stop talking about consistency ?

Ok well the fact is the ppl that matter choose the best candidate for a reason and it's becuz in fact he was the actual best candidate so ? that dumb noise you kicking bout Cube becuz I'm sure he wasn't even in the discussion and there's also a reason for that too so drop the feelings and just accept it and quit crying
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't hate on this. Jay-Z was the face of rap for a while. That said, I wouldn't put him at the top of list of rappers that deserve this particular honor. If anything, it should have been Nas.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it funny how Jigga stans go crazy when you say something negative about Jay. wouldn't surprise me if I made some of you stans cry, like actually cry like Jay did on hot 97 after Nas dropped ether hahaha.
  • StreetRap
    StreetRap Members Posts: 416
    Options
    Why do people say stuff like "this is great for Hip-Hop"...? like Hip-Hop needs help ....
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Nas really a better SONG writer than Jay...or just a better lyricist?

big difference
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it funny how Jigga stans go crazy when you say something negative about Jay. wouldn't surprise me if I made some of you stans cry, like actually cry like Jay did on hot 97 after Nas dropped ether hahaha.

Nobody takes your opinion serious enough to cry we just love shittin on yours