Joey Badass: I’m a better rapper than Tupac

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's so lazy "bar for bar, skillwise "

Nah my g, are you a better rapper and the answer is no

You want to determine what rapper got the best bars, you got to have a discussion on what makes a dope bar, then you got to look at them on paper cause and that ain't got ? to do with rapping

So when you say skills, name those skills, what do you do better than PAC on the mic

Ain't "I'm a better rapper when you look at it as xyz"

I'm a better rapper is an absolute statement. You're better or you're not
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Maybe dude could make one song that anywhere near a substantial amount of people actually want to hear before he calls himself "better" than the greatest rapper ever. Pacs like on a million he's like between 0 and one when it comes to rapper scale to compare the 2. The rest is opinion and neither here nor there but looking at any tangible metric, like their music and actual results,this is...below laughable. Laughable is more than this elicits. This like some 3 point a game dude in the NBA sayin "Im better that Jordan, yep"
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Tupac fans are so damn emotional about the dude, it makes y'all an easy target.

LOL somebody up the Biggie is not the GOAT thread and all u New York posters were so appalled at the disrespect your lord and savior Biggie was getting.

Nah but we can up those outkast threads and see all the southern feelings flowing all through that thread. All that ? about not getting respect and ? . So what's your point? Tupac still got the most emotional fanbase in Hip Hop, many past threads prove that and so do this one. Lol I mean look at you ? go in here SMH

Facts. Pac fans done mentioned all sorts of other ? in this thread that has nothing to do with bar for bar. Impact, heart, feeling, Brenda got a baby, disses. None of that has anything to do with what Joey said.

in your words, what did Joey say

Forget my words...

But even when he said it in the video, I knew what he meant. People don't go at Pac's impact and song quality. They go at his lyrical gymnastics. His wordplay.

Edit: And I will add, in that regard, Pac is nicer than a hater will give him credit for. But there's plenty of rappers that have more skill than him at that type of rapping.

When yall say skill what do u mean

Are you serious though? I said it earlier but you may have looked over my post. Metaphors, wordplay, homonyms, alliteration, rhyme schemes. Pac doesn't have many "damn I've heard this song 10x and didn't catch that bar" situations.
  • mosincredible
    Options
    He's right
    I'll be the first to admit, maybe Pac never wanted to be that type of rapper. Maybe he never wanted to go over anyone's head with a bar. But he didn't and we (I) don't give people credit for things they didn't do.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

LOL somebody up the Biggie is not the GOAT thread and all u New York posters were so appalled at the disrespect your lord and savior Biggie was getting.

Nah but we can up those outkast threads and see all the southern feelings flowing all through that thread. All that ? about not getting respect and ? . So what's your point? Tupac still got the most emotional fanbase in Hip Hop, many past threads prove that and so do this one. Lol I mean look at you ? go in here SMH

Nah.

You NY Biggie stans are the worst. In the "Biggie aint the GOAT" thread posters were given props and everything. We was just saying you cant be the GOAT when your discography is the same length as Joey Badass.

Outkast discog >>>> Biggies 2 albums

Pac discog >>>>>>>> Biggies 2 albums
    rboqt8pe8ha2.gif
    Keep your "he got better homonyms" arguments... ? was disrespect.

Yall NY posters just want any NY MC to be great yall givin him a pass.
    iOX2QX.gif
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He's right
    TayGettem wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    But the ? couldn't go bar for bar w Troy Ave....

Why are yall saying this? Troy Average won nothing and has no bars on Joey

We are saying this cuz the ? aint built for that aggressive lyrical warfare ? ....Troy won cuz lyrically disrespected their crew....and didn't even get a 16 reply.....

Troy won nothing. Fans sided with Joey because mocking Steez suicide was wack and also because Troy has no fans

I read the post and saw nothing related to music or bars

"He took a leap of faith and only brightened his light/ You took a cheap shot of hate and only shortened your life/ The difference between you and him is that he lives forever/ You'll be the first to die tdhat nobody ever remembers/ Because the city never need you ever/You committed career suicide and made New York better."

Really fam??? Those are battle bars? Where is the Aggressive content?

How a ? posed to be offended by this ? ...

He never said he could battle pac he simply said he could out bar pac. Which is basically what backpack rap. A bunch of ? showing of there bars on the mic

what does this mean exactly?

@Elzo69Renaissance
    https://youtu.be/fb4szJ2jj0U

This is a good example there not dissing eachother just flowing letting the crowd decide who had better bars

If ? think Joey couldnt out bar pac in this form there crazy
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah.

You NY Biggie stans are the worst. In the "Biggie aint the GOAT" thread posters were given props and everything. We was just saying you cant be the GOAT when your discography is the same length as Joey Badass.

Outkast discog >>>> Biggies 2 albums

Pac discog >>>>>>>> Biggies 2 albums

Keep your "he got better homonyms" arguments... ? was disrespect.

Yall NY posters just want any NY MC to be great yall givin him a pass.
    rboqt8pe8ha2.gif
    iOX2QX.gif

Lol Giving who a pass? New York what? *random ass gifs being posted*

Lol ? you ALL over the place. We talking about joey badass comments, which I don't agree with at all. You bringing up your emotional feelings about New Yorkers that ain't got ? to do with me lol. Especially since I said many of times on this forum pac was my favorite. See how silly you look? Lol But good looking on the post tho, you proving my point. Keep em coming. It's hilarious
  • TayGettem
    Options
    He's right
    An ? over look the fact Joey is talking in a technical sense of rappin. In a technical form of rap Lupe would son pac right or wrong? We talkin abt ? just blacking out and spitting complex high level metaphors and simile. I'd say pac is mj in the sense he could do it all to a certain extent but Joey is ray allen. Mj could shoot the 3 but ray allen was a killer at the 3
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac is overrated. We get it y'all ? had a crush on him. That's your struggle... But lil dude raps better than Pac. ? act like Pac Hannibal, Shaka, and Malcolm X combined. Like he the Devastator of rappers.
    The ONLY reason lil ? ? like you can disrespect Pac is because Pac unfortunately has had TONS of unreleased music dropping. Some of these songs have been chopped up, edited & put on different beats with artist he didnt even know. Some of this ? is sloppily done & unmixed. But make no mistake, All Eyez On Me was a CLASSIC. Don Killuminati was close to it. Pac was one of the best. Most of all he was really bout dat life. Joey Badazz couldnt even handle them goofy Wild N Out ? in battle. FOH ? .

These new ? are some entitled butt munching ? .

? , I'm older than you. Get my ? out of your mouth.
    Age dont matter. U still u clown
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    RickyRich wrote: »
    But why not say biggie ? Why is always pac getting disrespected
    because they aren't better than Biggie.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    But why not say biggie ? Why is always pac getting disrespected
    because they aren't better than Biggie.

Same reason why you won't see west coast ? say they'll out bar Pac, or south ? say they'll out bar Scarface. It's a certain reverence that ? hold for legends from their region.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nba yung boy>joey badazz
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nba yung boy>joey badazz

Rondonumbanine >>>> badass
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    I'm drinking Hennessyyyyyyyy and riding on my enemiessssss. Them mufukas gone remember meeeeee. I was in a penitentiaryyyyyy but now I'm freeeeeee.
    https://youtu.be/Fp5BTM6RWgk

And he was doing that in his early 20's... Crazy, dude carried himself like 40 year old college professor...

A lot of us in our early 20's did *shrugs*

Most 20 year olds dont carry themselves like a 40 year old college professors though lol I’m not saying Pac always did, but when he was giving interviews or speeches at times you could be forgiven for forgetting that he was only 20-24, especially when he’s talking about something he felt strongly about with so much energy...

Have you ever gotten up and given lectures or speeches, at 20-22 at that??? For instance the video below, theres no 'umm', 'yeah but' or stuttering, he spoke confidently and assertively, commanding the room, and like I said I think he was only like 20 at the time... Im a coach, I have to get up and speak in front of like 50-70 kids and parents at times, even thats not easy, I dont think I could of done it so assertively and positively at 20, especially about political or social issues... To be doing it so assertively without any real form of training is impressive, and especially about the kinda of subjects he spoke on, you would not normally think a 20-22 year old could do it so confidently...

Rappers like Immortal Tech etc give great speeches he may of done that kinda thing in his early 20's, but most rappers or kids in general to get up and speak and carry yourself a certain way at a young age and speak about political issues is impressive...

2pac Malcolm X dinner speech...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex4PtkmLvgo
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    Close this ? thread he couldn't even handle troy ave lol
  • TayGettem
    Options
    He's right
    I'm drinking Hennessyyyyyyyy and riding on my enemiessssss. Them mufukas gone remember meeeeee. I was in a penitentiaryyyyyy but now I'm freeeeeee.

And he was doing that in his early 20's... Crazy, dude carried himself like 40 year old college professor...

Most 20 year olds dont carry themselves like a 40 year old college professors though lol I’m not saying Pac always did, but when he was giving interviews or speeches at times you could be forgiven for forgetting that he was only 20-24, especially when he’s talking about something he felt strongly about with so much energy...

Have you ever gotten up and given lectures or speeches, at 20-22 at that??? For instance the video below, theres no 'umm', 'yeah but' or stuttering, he spoke confidently and assertively, commanding the room, and like I said I think he was only like 20 at the time... Im a coach, I have to get up and speak in front of like 50-70 kids and parents at times, even thats not easy, I dont think I could of done it so assertively and positively at 20, especially about political or social issues... To be doing it so assertively without any real form of training is impressive, and especially about the kinda of subjects he spoke on, you would not normally think a 20-22 year old could do it so confidently...

Rappers like Immortal Tech etc give great speeches he may of done that kinda thing in his early 20's, but most rappers or kids in general to get up and speak and carry yourself a certain way at a young age and speak about political issues is impressive...

What does giving speeches have to do with battling
  • mosincredible
    Options
    He's right

This happens in every thread where an aspect of Pac's greatness is questioned. The subject gets completely lost and people bring up ? that has nothing to do with the actual statement made.

Poster 1: "Jay is more lyrical than Pac"
    Poster 2, 3 & 4 "Jay didn't reply to Pac while he was alive! ? outta here"
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How is the thread dumb when it just repeats what Joey said and discusses his statement. Go back to sleep brah
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He's trippin

It doesnt, I was talking about something different with another I.C member...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was a convo within the convo, the point he made had nothing to do with the thread title but it was derived from it

You ever heard of a subset, consider that a sub convo
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    Nah Son wrote: »

How is the thread dumb when it just repeats what Joey said and discusses his statement. Go back to sleep brah

It's dumb because the ? statement came out of his mouth don't try to explain this nonsense you make yourself look worst
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »

It's dumb because the ? statement came out of his mouth don't try to explain this nonsense you make yourself look worst

lol where did I try to explain anything I dont even agree with Joeys statement. Stop acting ?