The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

D. Morgan wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    lol why the ? does ian mahinmi have 13 points 7 steals and 9 rebounds?

Cause we foolishly payed that ? 64Mill!! Need more for that money.

Good win tonight to start off this road trip.

Otto Porter and M. Morris need to get their ? back together. Neither of these ? been right since the all-star break. I know it ain't been that many games but these ? acting like its a lot of games left to play.

Ay he and Jason Smith was ballin though. Wizards a year ago wouldn't have been able to still win with two starters struggling. Bojan been averaging 20 points since being traded. But still I looked at the box score and was flirting with a triple double lol
  • Beta
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Mike and Mike got a poll of best career

Nash, KG, and Dirk

who yall got?

Wtf that's why that show trash

Dirk

off topic cuz its boring at work.....after how Draymond was sonning Pierce, is it revisionist history to say that Paul Pierce is just Melo with HOF teammates?

Hmmmm....nah because melo had HOF teammates and still couldn't do ? . In retrospect, he shoulda stayed with Denver
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nash, KG, and Dirk

who yall got?

Dirk

off topic cuz its boring at work.....after how Draymond was sonning Pierce, is it revisionist history to say that Paul Pierce is just Melo with HOF teammates?

Hmmmm....nah because melo had HOF teammates and still couldn't do ? . In retrospect, he shoulda stayed with Denver

You not serious bits a totally different situations this some young ? ?

Melo had a.i late in his career which wasn't the best fit two ? who need the ball to score that

Then had Chauncey he never had 2 other big players that legit fit and weren't far past their prime and Paul Pierce is better than melo as an all around player and Paul had a better coach

There situations are nowhere near identical
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nash, KG, and Dirk

who yall got?

Dirk

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1hYzw11SW7g/VeqrbDtcSsI/AAAAAAAATvM/WCM4O7pi5u4/s1600/no-no-man-? -no-man.gif[/img]
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

what HOF team mates? in Denver he had Chauncey and thats IT...who is NOT getting in the HOF and they gave Prime Kobe his toughest series outside of the big 3 celtics during the 2008-2010 finals runs (09 WCF)

in New york, he had WASHED kidd which is 1 HOF and tyson chandler, is NOT getting in

the AI experiment was an L tho.

Pierce had 2 HOF at the same time
    Melo ever had that?
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol don't ? me I struggled to answer that question
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Nash, KG, and Dirk

who yall got?

Dirk

Close but pierce was a better playmaker. A Draymond green lead team would get 25 wins so he needs to shut the ? up

Haha I love Draymond making ? irate on the court and on the internets lmao
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nash, KG, and Dirk

who yall got?

Dirk

No in retrospect he shoulda took the opt out like lebron,wade and bosh did but he wanted that extra year and they all determined their destiny and won titles cuz of it.Melo chose to get paid and looked like a shortsighted ?

It's hilarious how this forum capes for losers like melo and tracy mcgrady.Melo 8 1st round exits and 3 straight years possibly 4 of no playoffs.Mcgrady ? ass never won a playoff series and people call him a transcendent talent FOH
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo had some very good teammates but they were all knuckleheads. their roster was better than ours
  • DaBull
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Nash, KG, and Dirk

who yall got?

Dirk

Close but pierce was a better playmaker. A Draymond green lead team would get 25 wins so he needs to shut the ? up

Haha I love Draymond making ? irate on the court and on the internets lmao

Draymond won a ring with 2 other future HOF jus like Pierce LOL
    i was surprised Ax acknowledged the comparison, but i take it cuz he the biggest pierce fan and knows his career the most..saw the Melo comparison on another forum
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lets give the guy with the 11th best team in the league MVP

I don't necessarily agree with this point of view.

The best player is the best player however some cats act like the best player of the league is always got to be from the best team or one of the top 2 teams.

By comparison Michael Jordan was unreal in the 1987 season and his team was only like a third seed in their conference and didn't even win their division and he won MVP.

Westbrook is the MVP this year in my opinion that Thunder team will be a 5-7 seed in the West this year they probably would be a lottery team if not for Westbrook.

I got a feeling they're going to give it to Harden or James because their teams will probably finish with 8-10 more Ws in the win column but neither guy has had anywhere near the season Westbrook has.
  • Beta
    Options

Nash, KG, and Dirk

who yall got?

Dirk

No in retrospect he shoulda took the opt out like lebron,wade and bosh did but he wanted that extra year and they all determined their destiny and won titles cuz of it.Melo chose to get paid and looked like a shortsighted ?

It's hilarious how this forum capes for losers like melo and tracy mcgrady.Melo 8 1st round exits and 3 straight years possibly 4 of no playoffs.Mcgrady ? ass never won a playoff series and people call him a transcendent talent FOH

Well yeah I remember calling him dumb for taking the extension in I think 08' but I mean as far as the trade itself he shouldn't have left. But you right though. Especially the 2nd paragraph

Dwight shouldn't have left orlando either
  • Beta
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

The best player is the best player however some cats act like the best player of the league is always got to be from the best team or one of the top 2 teams.

By comparison Michael Jordan was unreal in the 1987 season and his team was only like a third seed in their conference and didn't even win their division and he won MVP.

Westbrook is the MVP this year in my opinion that Thunder team will be a 5-7 seed in the West this year they probably would be a lottery team if not for Westbrook.

I got a feeling they're going to give it to Harden or James because their teams will probably finish with 8-10 more Ws in the win column but neither guy has had anywhere near the season Westbrook has.

So the Thunder are a 7 seed with russ and you saying they would be out the playoffs w/o him? I mean if they were a top 4 seed this would hold more merit but the Thunder are a disappointing blazers team and a Denver team that can't play defense away from being out the playoffs with him.

Harden ain't having a season nowhere near russ averaging 29, 8 and 11? James ain't averaging 26, 8 and 9? On more successful teams?

You comparing Mike at the 3 seed to russ at 7 and like I said on the 11th best team in the league? If dennis schroder was averaging a triple double with the hawks record right now( which is almost identical to the Thunder) y'all would say FOH
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jordan led the league in scoring,led the league in steals,2nd season of being the only player in history to have 200+ steals and 100 + blocks he was dpoy too.Bulls were the 3rd seed and won 50 games mike averaged 35 6 and 5.

You don't have to be top 2 in the league record wise your team has to be one of the best in the league period the bulls were 3rd behind boston and detroit in the east that year.

Lebron could be a candidate cuz the cavs suck without him but kahwi,thomas and harden will get consideration over lebron and russ.At the same time these writers weirdos so aint no tellin.I think if the spurs get that 1 seed kahwi will win mvp even if they don't he might still win it
  • Crude_
    edited March 2017
    Options
    And foh with the Pierce and Draymond comparisons.

Pierce was always the man on his team's even when Jesus Shuttleworth and KG came to town, I could make a good argument for both of those cats being slightly washed by the time they got to Boston too.

I still remember that game him LeBron was going back and forth and both had like 40 plus a piece hell I could argue thats the series that sent LeBron running to Miami.

Pierce led the Celtics to one ring and they should beat LA again in 2010 as well Perkins getting hurt in game 6 was big I didn't care for his game but his interior defense gave Bynum and Gasol problems.

Draymond is nothing more than a high quality role player that plays in a system that perfectly suits his skill set.
  • DaBull
    Options
    ^^ over your head, it was jokes playa
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one compared Pierce and Draymond

What did Paul Pierce do besides score ?
  • Beta
    Options
    Crude take five nobody even compared draymond to pierce. And most of the dummies who talk about having an issue with what he said to pierce don't even know that pierce said something to him first
  • Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington, Willie Reed and Johnson have all remarked how they’ve each trimmed their body fat levels considerably since joining the Heat. -Miami Herald

Curry, pittman, oden, q rich, udonis, etc

If you fat as ? come to Miami, we'll change your life..I wish maybe pat coulda done something with sullinger since they met a few weeks ago but we don't have any roster spots

• Crude_
    Options

So the Thunder are a 7 seed with russ and you saying they would be out the playoffs w/o him? I mean if they were a top 4 seed this would hold more merit but the Thunder are a disappointing blazers team and a Denver team that can't play defense away from being out the playoffs with him.

Harden ain't having a season nowhere near russ averaging 29, 8 and 11? James ain't averaging 26, 8 and 9? On more successful teams?

You comparing Mike at the 3 seed to russ at 7 and like I said on the 11th best team in the league? If dennis schroder was averaging a triple double with the hawks record right now( which is almost identical to the Thunder) y'all would say FOH

First off somebody averaging a triple double on any level is impressive so much so that only one other person in NBA history (Big O) has done it on that level so stop trying to minimize dude's accomplishment.

Secondly, you bring LeBron into the conversation as though he doesn't have another all star in Irving and K. Love too before he got hurt. JR Smith, Shumpert, and T. Thompson are very quality role players as well when healthy. Hell you had people saying Irving shoulda won finals mvp last year I strongly disagree but just the fact that his name was in that conversation speaks volumes to him being a hell of a second option.

James Harden you say. I'll give you some credit on Harden because his roster is kinda suspect he's got shooters and one dimensional guys like Ryan Anderson and Gordon. He just did get a little more help with Lou Williams though.

Dantoni's offense sets kinda suits a player of his skill set, I've never known a decent offensive guy that didn't thrive in his system but it's still not a triple double personally I prefer Westbrook's game a little more as well because hes one of the better defensive guards in the league to especially at his size.

The season ain't over yet in regards to that and the Thunder will probably win 47-50 games when it does end. 2-3 wins isn't that big a difference granted I will say the competition at the top was a lot more stiff in MJs heyday and they did allow you to play defense and hand check.

Hell everyone already knows Cleveland is coming out the East granted LeBron doesnt get hurt or something unforeseen like that, and either the Warrriors or San Antonio are coming out of the West. That's not much for suspense.
  • Crude_
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    No one compared Pierce and Draymond

What did Paul Pierce do besides score ?

Won a championship and finals mvp and got his squad back to another finals.

Homie always averaged around 6-7 rebounds and 4 or 5 assists in his prime those are good numbers for a small forward what heck you mean?