Where does Kendrick rank all time? Whats his ceiling? Is he as good as Biggie?

Options
123457»

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lol at give it more Time. Yall didn't give time to your old ass rappers. Dude already has 3 albums. That has not just critics approval but fans as well and it sells. Many people think all his albums are great to classic. But in my opinion he already top 10

NEGRODAMUS
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    tpab is not a classic. gtfoh

Time will tell

Time has spoke

tenor.gif

Ahhhhh? It's a classic g
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Its been time to stop comparing these dudes to nas big jay and Pac. Those dudes had real comp, not just with each other but the greats before them not to mention all the others on top of their pen game. Like the wu, outkast, naughty, Redman, cube etc Kendrick comp it's what ross ,Cole ,big Sean and drake and he's a pop star so its really only 3 people to compete with. Ross doesn't cruise in Kendrick lane so that drops it down to Cole and big Sean. Its a different league now. He can't be compared to the golden era class imo imo

What about Wale!!!! What about Waleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

get that lame out of here
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Its been time to stop comparing these dudes to nas big jay and Pac. Those dudes had real comp, not just with each other but the greats before them not to mention all the others on top of their pen game. Like the wu, outkast, naughty, Redman, cube etc Kendrick comp it's what ross ,Cole ,big Sean and drake and he's a pop star so its really only 3 people to compete with. Ross doesn't cruise in Kendrick lane so that drops it down to Cole and big Sean. Its a different league now. He can't be compared to the golden era class imo imo

What about Wale!!!! What about Waleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

get that lame out of here

You know that was a joke right?
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick has definitely proved himself to be better than BIG by now and to me is a top 10 rapper.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    besides having more albums what exactly does Kdot do better than Big?

Flow?
    Lyrical?
    Storytelling?
    Hits?
    Move a crowd?
    Albums?

what is it cause i dont see it
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These days the bar is lowered when it comes to what makes a great MC IMO. Kendrick is a great lyricist I won't front, but with the way the scene is now I'm not surprised when people say go above & beyond and say he's this or that. Kendrick has proven to be a great disciple of all the greats from the '90s & '00s no denying that. However to me he hasn't done anything groundbreaking to put him in a top ten of anything yet. He has that potential tho & he's gonna get there over time.

Biggie is the outlier. His two albums are highly influential & stood the test of time. He had all the tools of what a great MC should look, sound, & act like. Kendrick still has flaws in his game but not that many. Big gave us two gems & never had time to fall off or even slip up. The comparison is ridiculous.