Kendrick Lamar Album Discussion 4-14-17

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    LA ? are like NY ? . They unite under LA til they get to issues with each other then its "You from Long Beach that ain't LA" just like NY ? start separating ? by borroughs lol

Uh no. To DMX and the Lox
    "You from Yonkers that ain't the City"
    -no ? ever

We'd claim Newark if we could.

So ya'll NY ? don't start cracking jokes on each other based on whichever borough you're from? Wasn't it a NY ? who came up with the "Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it ,Bronx keeps creating it, and Queens keeps on faking it"? ? I know plenty people from the Bronx who tell ? from Co-Op City "Nah you not from the Bronx. Co-Op ain't the Bronx"
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Don't know if this was posted, but real tears

https://youtu.be/len0zRQzMDQ

18 min?

nah
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lmfao that's nothing like drake

How is it not?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    white715 wrote: »
    I'll start off by saying I like the album but

This album is a step back Imo. With his previous joints he separated himself from his peers but not on this one.

It kinda feels like he made an album that would be mainstream, which I can't knock him for, but I just don't ? with it like the other ones.

It sounds like he was listening to a lot of Drake while making this album too.

Duckworth is classic Kendrick tho

Anybody that likes "Love" better not be a Drake hater lol its the same damn kinda music he makes.

There is a big difference between one song on your album about Love vs 15 straight songs about simping and dwelling on ex girlfriends.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. LOVE. sound nothing like Drake's music just because K. Dot sang on it... it's just a song that'll do well on the charts

LOYALTY. however is climbing up slowly on the charts I read
  • Stew
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

This album is a step back Imo. With his previous joints he separated himself from his peers but not on this one.

It kinda feels like he made an album that would be mainstream, which I can't knock him for, but I just don't ? with it like the other ones.

Anybody that likes "Love" better not be a Drake hater lol its the same damn kinda music he makes.

There is a big difference between one song on your album about Love vs 15 straight songs about simping and dwelling on ex girlfriends.

I ain't say nothin about his album sounding like that.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Yea but thats why i cant ? with Drake. Drake makes the same ? song 100x over. I stopped really checkin for him after Take Care. You wont find me in his threads.

Just because he made 1 track called Love u cant say its a Drake track. Artists like Nas, UGK, & Devin the Dude have made tracks similar in style or topic. Drake didnt invent it... He just dont do ? else.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He did use Drake's flow on a couple songs too
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he emulated Drake on Element.. its not that Drake sings.. i just think he's a wack ass cornball
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He did use Drake's flow on a couple songs too

Which ones? I listened to the whole of More Life yesterday and DAMN. as well. No similar sounding songs or flow
  • Stew
    Options

Yea but thats why i cant ? with Drake. Drake makes the same ? song 100x over. I stopped really checkin for him after Take Care. You wont find me in his threads.

Just because he made 1 track called Love u cant say its a Drake track. Artists like Nas, UGK, & Devin the Dude have made tracks similar in style or topic. Drake didnt invent it... He just dont do ? else.

These ? don't have auto-tuned sing-songy raps like Drake bruh, no.
  • Stew
    Options
    Lol I knew this would touch a nerve when I brought it up.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

These ? don't have auto-tuned sing-songy raps like Drake bruh, no.

LOVE isnt autotuned.... I dont think

Kendrick just got a weird voice
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has content that Drake would make a song about

Sonically it doesn't sound anything like a Drake song.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    LA ? are like NY ? . They unite under LA til they get to issues with each other then its "You from Long Beach that ain't LA" just like NY ? start separating ? by borroughs lol

-no ? ever

So ya'll NY ? don't start cracking jokes on each other based on whichever borough you're from? Wasn't it a NY ? who came up with the "Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it ,Bronx keeps creating it, and Queens keeps on faking it"? ? I know plenty people from the Bronx who tell ? from Co-Op City "Nah you not from the Bronx. Co-Op ain't the Bronx"

You are conflating neighborhood love for the city overall. ? rep their hood from anywhere in the world but when it's time to represent for NYC ? ain't gonna go "you are not from the 5 boroughs proper." Rakim is from Long Island.

Same reason Decatur, East Point, College Park ? claim Atlanta.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know if this was posted, but real tears

https://youtu.be/len0zRQzMDQ

Lmao
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks Pride is one of the best songs on here?

Word to @HafBayked

? beautiful cuh

b2875c5a41ecde7c8a8902682b827fdb.gif
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Nah. LOVE. sound nothing like Drake's music just because K. Dot sang on it... it's just a song that'll do well on the charts

He been with that girl for 15+ years... she can get one song on his 4th album and it not be, "he trying to be like Drake."
  • blackrain
    Options

It's not the amount of songs because nobody said he made a whole album like that, it's the song period. It's some Drakish ? . It's a good song, but it's still some ? Drake would make
  • blackrain
    Options

-no ? ever

You are conflating neighborhood love for the city overall. ? rep their hood from anywhere in the world but when it's time to represent for NYC ? ain't gonna go "you are not from the 5 boroughs proper." Rakim is from Long Island.

Same reason Decatur, East Point, College Park ? claim Atlanta.

? you said exactly what I just said. NY ? are all about NY...til it comes to individual boroughs then ya'll jokes come out about how "Queens ? do this, BK ? do that, Harlem ? do this"...it ain't that deep bruh. Every city does it.
  • Stew
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

He been with that girl for 15+ years... she can get one song on his 4th album and it not be, "he trying to be like Drake."

And this is what you call a misquote.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lmfao that's nothing like drake

How is it not?

Drake doesn't make love songs. 95% of his songs are shot him fuckkng up with a girl in the past and now that he's famous he wants her back . Kendrick isn't even singing on th track. Drake slow moody songs are superficial . This is a song about his fiancé .
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    The first verse on ? reminded me of drake and other rappers who think they're on top.

Well just narcissistic peope in general